Jeff Green will scratch All-Star status this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff Green will scratch All-Star status this year.

I can feel it! He did great offensively for us last year all while being unfamiliar to the top scorer role.

He will be even better with Rondo back and an even higher understanding of how he can get buckets in this league.

Predictions

Rondo 10ppg/5rebs/11apg

Bradley 11ppg/3rebs/2spg

Green 18ppg/4rebs/3apg

Sullinger 18ppg/9 rebs/3apg

Olynyk 11ppg/4rebs/3apg

Faverani 6ppg/6rebs/2bpg/2apg

Smart 11ppg/4rebs/3apg/2spg

Pressey 6ppg/4apg/1spg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Jeff Green will scratch All-Star status this year.

Green could be an All-Star just as the most ravaged teams at the bottom usually have one All-Star rep for each city.  It will be however on a Rondoless team at the very bottom of the league. And he as an All-Star will still be of super low trade value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

DaC ..IT'S SAD TO SEE A HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME HITTIN' DA PIPE AND DRINKING A FIFTH OF OUZO EVERYDAY...GIVE IT A REST WILL YA?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I've said this before.... Green is best utilized as a 3rd or 4th option or as a 6th man.

When he's thrust into the #1 scorer on a team, its not good news. Green is just too inconsistent and that's on him. He looks in total attack mode one night and next he looks blazed and so out of it.

If there's a way we build a team that Green is a 4th scorer or 6th man, we would be good

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Sully Jeff and Rondo are going to be our leaders next year. Bradley too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Sully Jeff and Rondo are going to be our leaders next year. Bradley too.

[/QUOTE]

WEll that's an obvious statement. The all-star PG is the leader and the next best players are... well surprise.

But, I think AB is gone. They'll sign him and use him in a trade elsewhere, maybe Love?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on, joe, we already know Kevin Love to Boston trade is dead.

The Celts had a better offer before the draft.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think its dead...

Tell me what team can offer more outside of GSW. If the Warriors decide to move on from Klay or Barnes then okay, you got us, but they are reluctant to do so... so... what team?

We can still offer AB, who can help Lavine by not getting him thrust into a role too quick, and end being a good 6th over there. Sully, Oly and all the picks could still be on the table.

Denver could make an offer but I haven't heard Love would sign there so that trade will be killed.

Outside of GSW, we have the best offer

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I hope you are right, but he may not be here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bingo. That has been why this trade never moved forward after Love visited Boston. The Timberwolves will never send Love because the owner's ego is still in tatters from letting Garnett go in 2007.

Tell me what team can offer more outside of GSW. If the Warriors decide to move on from Klay or Barnes then okay, you got us, but they are reluctant to do so... so... what team?

We can still offer AB, who can help Lavine by not getting him thrust into a role too quick, and end being a good 6th over there. Sully, Oly and all the picks could still be on the table.

Denver could make an offer but I haven't heard Love would sign there so that trade will be killed.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about the best offer.

The Wolves owner doesn't want to deal with the Celtics.

Glen Taylor, the Wolves owner, already gifted the Celts KG in 2007.

Trading Love to Boston would make him look like the Santa Claus of the Boston Celtics.

Other NBA team owners would laugh at him.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bingo. That has been why this trade never moved forward after Love visited Boston. The Timberwolves will never send Love because the owner's ego is still in tatters from letting Garnett go in 2007.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about the best offer.

The Wolves owner doesn't want to deal with the Celtics.

Glen Taylor, the Wolves owner, already gifted the Celts KG in 2007.

Trading Love to Boston would make him look like the Santa Claus of the Boston Celtics.

Other NBA team owners would laugh at him.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. That has been why this trade never moved forward after Love visited Boston. The Timberwolves will never send Love because the owner's ego is still in tatters from letting Garnett go in 2007.  I am pretty sure Ainge knows this.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Or after the Wolves trade Kevin Love to the Celtics, an owner like Mark Cuban would be asking, "hey Glen, who will you be trading to the Celtics in 2021?"

[/QUOTE]

It is funny how the Boston press totally downplayed the fact Taylor would never trade with the Celtics.  I mean I wonder if the trip was down to mess with the Celtics heads and screw with their plans before the draft.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Twolves got screwed the last time they traded with the C's....complete and utter laughingstocks throughout the NBA...they'll never do any kind of deal with the C's again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Its not the Celtics fault they didnt get the most out of Gerald Green, Big Al and the draft picks. They have to own their mistakes.

Big Al and Kevin Love wouldnt be better than Love and Pekovic? Of course it is!

In 2009 they should have drafted Steph Curry and Demar Derozan instead of Flynn and Rubio.

How did they lose Big Al anyway?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Thanks Fierce! I dont think they turned those future picks into a Big Al apparently.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its not the Celtics fault they didnt get the most out of Gerald Green, Big Al and the draft picks. They have to own their mistakes.

Big Al and Kevin Love wouldnt be better than Love and Pekovic? Of course it is!

In 2009 they should have drafted Steph Curry and Demar Derozan instead of Flynn and Rubio.

How did they lose Big Al anyway?

[/QUOTE]  I think you're 100% correct.  Flynn and Rubio picks were a joke. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Green was born to be a sub.  He is not all-star material. He doesn't have the heart for it.  I don't even know why he is in the association.  He doesn't seem to care about how well he does. When a guy like Rondo is diving on the floor for a loose ball,  green is very likely to be daydreaming about going fishing.