Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Jeff Green

-

My assessment of Jeff Green on this board has been less than charitable.  That is partly due to the Green booster-ism I've perceived at the expense of one Ray Allen.  Misguided at best, shortsighted at least, premature in reality.

I see Green's potential.  I agree, it's huge.

Man, he runs the floor. He really runs the floor. He's a gazelle, he's an antelope, and when he and Rondo are starters together, sometime in the future, it will be an awesome tandem duo.  It will be the Cirque De Soleil of the NBA.  They will be human-highlight films together.

I just hope that we're not saying every year, "If Green could only be tougher,  only be more aggressive, only be less tentative."  I hope his talent is not a tease.

I just think that right now he does not get it.  But I think he will get it in time. I hope Doc stays on because Doc will get the best from Green.

It would be great if all of a sudden Green starts to get it, now: it's happened before with players, something just clicks, and they begin performing up to and beyond their perceived potential.

If Green begins to click, now, it would be huge because Baby has been having his problems and the bench has been grossly under-performing.

If ever the time was ripe for a player to step up and seize the moment, that moment is now, for Jeff Green.

If he's ready for prime-time, now is the time for him to prove it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Jeff Green

JEFF GREEN is the X Factor , no doubt....

Whether he is the guy the Celtics want to pair with Rondo for $10M+ for 4 or 5 yrs......??? It all depends on what he does to land championship #18 ....

At the very least , Jeff Green as a restricted FA , is a valuable asset in a sign and trade for someone Danny & Doc like better....

Green is the best tradable asset since Ricky Davis...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green:

[QUOTE]JEFF GREEN is the X Factor , no doubt.... Whether he is the guy the Celtics want to pair with Rondo for $10M+ for 4 or 5 yrs......??? It all depends on what he does to land championship #18 .... At the very least , Jeff Green as a restricted FA , is a valuable asset in a sign and trade for someone Danny & Doc like better.... Green is the best tradable asset since Ricky Davis...

Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

The way Green runs the floor, always ahead of the ball, he and Rondo will be the tandem duo of the future.

Jeez, they could be doing it now when Jeff is subbing for Ray Paul or KG.  rondo just seem like he doesn't  see him or has not figured out how to get him the ball.

Green is the 1st man down the floor on every possession off a rebound or a turnover -- it's the one single thing I love most about his game.

Of course I like his touch, so when he can combine that with his running, look out.

Now is the time to step up, Jeff.  It's time to make your bones.

The team could really use an impact contributor off the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

He's slowly comming around. Hopefully he'll explode into the guy we thought we'd get. And maybe he'll quit fouling and move his feet and play defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I too think Green would be perfect to run with Rondo, I'm shocked he hasn't been getting more minutes , and I think Kristic brings more energy (and offense) than JON and should be getting 15 minutes, especially with Shaq being out....

I like Green with Big Baby up front , with Pierce, Ray and Rondo

A sweep + getting Shaq back for Miami puts the Celtics in perfect position

Wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Heat in 5 games if not another sweep...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He doesn't need to be James Posey or Tony Allen on offense... he just needs to be Jeff Green... and that alone should be 115% of what those two gave us on offense... play his game, post up smaller 3's, nail a corner 3 and run run RUN.

On defense he has to be 85% of Posey '08 (Ta is more of a SG). Melo-LBJ-Deng-Odom is a formidable 4 guys for Paul... we need 12-14 mins of Green's best defense EVER on those guys... then Paul just has to play 35 mins where he gets more rest than his foe before the 4th quarter head to head.

How hard is that game plan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]He doesn't need to be James Posey or Tony Allen on offense... he just needs to be Jeff Green... and that alone should be 115% of what those two gave us on offense... play his game, post up smaller 3's, nail a corner 3 and run run RUN. On defense he has to be 85% of Posey '08 (Ta is more of a SG). Melo-LBJ-Deng-Odom is a formidable 4 guys for Paul... we need 12-14 mins of Green's best defense EVER on those guys... then Paul just has to play 35 mins where he gets more rest than his foe before the 4th quarter head to head. How hard is that game plan?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    I watched him become a stopper on Mello this series he is concentrating on D. His break out game will come. He had to learn to play D his shot will come when we need it,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Look, he has progressed and now they have about a week to practice and become more assimilated...

It's pointing up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Just when you think Jeff is getting it, he starts turning the ball over and lets the Knicks to within four.

He did some good things, but his not protecting the ball almost cost us dearly.

Com'on Jeff, your'e better than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I too see his potential...I'm still worried about Green's mental makeup though. i'm not convinced he's a big game player. But, this week of practice should really help him. Our chances of winning a title are so much better if he plays really well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Green has the tools but I must admit, Im not real comfortable with him right now..  I dont trust him is what I guess Im trying to say.

I was watching todays game on and off... but I did see the beginning of the 4th qtr and the first three plays we had the ball, Green was the key man turning it over...

I know on the box score he has only 2 TO's... but I saw 3 in the first couple minutes of the 4th... opening the  door for the Knicks to make it a game.

Ont he dribbled the ball off his foot (again) and out of bounds...another he made a poor pass to Ray at his feet on the break... I cant remember the 3rd but it was there.

That just cant happen... not all at once and turned the games momentum around

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

See some potential but not enough to pay him big money (along with Baby) to come off the bench next year. Especially when the Celts' continue to misuse him as a 3 instead of putting him down on the blocks at the 4.

I do like PHX's idea of a sign and trade. Throw Bradley or Wafer in there with Green and he could fetch us some talent, as well as, intensity for next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Green has the tools but I must admit, Im not real comfortable with him right now..  I dont trust him is what I guess Im trying to say. I was watching todays game on and off... but I did see the beginning of the 4th qtr and the first three plays we had the ball, Green was the key man turning it over... I know on the box score he has only 2 TO's... but I saw 3 in the first couple minutes of the 4th... opening the  door for the Knicks to make it a game. Ont he dribbled the ball off his foot (again) and out of bounds...another he made a poor pass to Ray at his feet on the break... I cant remember the 3rd but it was there. That just cant happen... not all at once and turned the games momentum around
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

just checked... beginning the 4th... he fouls Melo outside the 3 line... then the Knicks inbound into the paint...Melo catches and lays in

On Bostons possession Green dribbles the ball off his foot out of bounds..

Next time we have the ball, Carter & Mason steal the ball from Green..

My mistake on the 3rd TO, it was Rondo not Green.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

jeff green scks so does danny ainge, we miss perkins big time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really? How about 7 rebs in 17 minutes and you go with a turnover? Really don't ya think that your seeing things in a harsh light? One thing the guy got is character he's gone from a 30 minute 10-15 shots a night to spotty minutes a handful of touches and hasn't complain one peep and has done whatever asked so don't go TA all over again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]jeff green scks so does danny ainge, we miss perkins big time

Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

-

Thanks for sharing.

Now tell the group how you feel having got that off your chest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

If Jeff Green were ATL's Josh Smith , we'd all be over the moon....I wouldn't be surprised if ATL beats Orlando then the Bulls

Whether Green signs for big money (how could you pay him more than Big Baby ?) ,or not, he can get us some comparable big time talent in a sign and trade....Josh Smith or Al Horford (or Joe Johnson!) are both great young players I'd like to see with the Celtics in a possible J Green trade....Chris Kamen from the Clippers would also be comparable and probably a good fit for the C's.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

He really ticked me off yesterday with those turnovers to let the Knicks back in the game.  Hope he can improve with some practice time.  We need him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Green is getting better, slowly but surely. A lot of what he is doing is not showing up on the stat sheet but that will change. He's someone who will benefit a lot from this week of practice.

Sections
Shortcuts