Jeff Green!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Jeff Green!

If Green is going to play with that kind of intensity I'll be eating crow (and happily!) before this is all said and done. 

One game, but certainly a good outcome. Now if Rondo isn't too badly hurt, hopefully we'll rock this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Green played well in game 1 too. Perkins wouldn't have made a difference against the Heat. 

Perkins really wasn't a factor,against Lebron.  

Wallace was the big that was the factor last year,and P..J Brown in 08.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I wish this guy would show some emotions at least once.
    Hope he can keep this level of defense. We need him against James and in spots against Wade. We also need 2-3 dunks in transition and 1-2 post ups in mismatches from Green.

He has the potential to be an first class player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

A player with his athletic abilities should/could be a great one on one defender.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjohnnymost. Show ghostofjohnnymost's posts

I hope Jeff Green isn't discouraged with the off-the-bench role he's been relegated to since arriving in Boston and look to play elsewhere next season. I firmly believe the Celtics have something to build upon for the future and not necessarily as a secondary player. I do admire the professionalism he's shown through this transition and the fact he has not complained about losing minutes vs. his starting status in OKC.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

I saw the merit in the trade. However, I think the thing that Danny, Doc et al. underestimated was the impact that the trade would have on the team's and Jeff Green's psyche. Fortunately, Jeff Green has dealt with it in an extremely classy way and I think (hope) that slowly he will win over the hearts of C's fans. I have been at times disappointed with his production but I still believe it was a good trade. This is going to sound stupid, but I think we need to show him a little love. No matter how he plays, he seems like a classy guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think Green should also be put on Wade.  Wade plays bigger and Green is an antelope. He will make him work much harder to score.  You won't see him sneaking in for lay ups and dunks as easily.

Getting an athlete like Green more time against a team like the  Heat is essential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Jeff Green!:
    [QUOTE]Did you guys see how he defended Lebron? AWESOME DEFENSE! Also a few baskets here and there and lots of hustle to catch loose balls and fight for rebounds. That's exactly what we have been needing from him. No more double teams for lebron and wade. Ray Allen also did an excellent job on d-b4g wade!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]
    yep, loved how he cut to the basket with shaq in there and got the past. jo is simply not a great passer. green is very fundamental. he is finally adapting to his role. loved how he switched and helped out on defnse in the transition and ran out on 3-pointers to get a hand in their faces. jeff played very athletic, this is what we need. we need to close the athletic deficit. just greeen, rondo and wafer have it in spades. pp and west can do it only in spots. avery has it as well. frankly iwould like to see him on the bench in place of arroyo at this point. he plays lights-out defense. one person who has none and should be getting ZERO run in the rotation at center is baby! at best he should come in only for kg for 10 minutes agame. would like to see us put green at 4 more with ray/paul at the 3 and west at the 2. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Lebron scored a lot against Green in the first couple of games but I think Green has now figured out some things about Lebron. This is only natural in a playoff series...the players get used to defending each other. This is great news for C's if Green can help hold Lebron to only 15 - 20 pts per game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Mr. Green. The C's gonna need that from you the rest of the way. I think as he continues to get used to the Stage, he is only gonna get better. He has the talent to carry a team. Watch.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green!:
    [QUOTE]The problem with Green's defense is that he tends to stand straight up on defense instead of bending his knees in the ready position. He has the ability, he just needs to be coached a little better.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Nailed Kirk....I think with him it's all about posistioning and spacing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]I saw the merit in the trade. However, I think the thing that Danny, Doc et al. underestimated was the impact that the trade would have on the team's and Jeff Green's psyche. Fortunately, Jeff Green has dealt with it in an extremely classy way and I think (hope) that slowly he will win over the hearts of C's fans. I have been at times disappointed with his production but I still believe it was a good trade. This is going to sound stupid, but I think we need to show him a little love. No matter how he plays, he seems like a classy guy.
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]

Nothing stupid about that at all.  Definitely a classy guy and - I believe - a REAL force to be reckoned with once he gets even one Celtics training camp under his belt and we've figured out how to tap into everything he brings to the table.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

Very encouraged with JGreen's play in game 3. Hoping it's the start of his increased impact in the playoffs. We can all see the potential on both sides of the ball. His dunk on the pass from Pierce was amazing. Someone compared him to an antelope--his quickness is a sight to behold. One comment: aside from what he brought when playing--the thing I miss about Posey was the way he was always the 1st guy on the court to greet the guys coming off at a timeout or end of the period or whenever. What a great teammate. We need a guy like that. To show the love and support. I really think it means something to the other guys. Go Celtics!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Jeff Green isn't discouraged with the off-the-bench role he's been relegated to since arriving in Boston and look to play elsewhere next season. I firmly believe the Celtics have something to build upon for the future and not necessarily as a secondary player. I do admire the professionalism he's shown through this transition and the fact he has not complained about losing minutes vs. his starting status in OKC.  
    Posted by ghostofjohnnymost[/QUOTE]

Green is very talented but people must never expect him to be even the 2nd best player on a contender. I'd see him as use him they way Reggie Lewis was used in the early 90's w/ an aging big three. Ride him 35-37 mins a game and he'll get you 20 points. But he's not your closer or your heart and soul and in that we'll still have 4 all-stars.

Next season I would start Green at PF, even as we all know he is a lesser player at that position than at the 3 (mostly b/c of defense)

But...

If you at least open both halves and close the 2nd quarter with your 5 best scorers and with all preseason to work together I'm sure the plays they come up with will, I'm sure we'd put teams in quick holes, like the run and gun Phoenix clubs.

Then if it is a defensive  grind match at the end of the game you can go w/ Jermaine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't think Baby is part of the plan moving forward.

I have no idea what Danny has up his sleeve as far as free agents and what the new CBA will look like (will there be an MLE?). I'd love to use Baby (and possibly Krstic) in sign and trades (w/ our '12 1st and/or Avery as assets as well, since we have the Clips 1st next year) to get another solid big.

This team... w/ no other changes other than losing Baby... and these mins would be pretty solid.

C - KG (12) Krstic (24) Shaq (12)
    PF - Green (12) Jermaine (20) KG (16)
    SF - Pierce (24) Green (24)
    SG - Ray (32) Pierce (8) Delonte (8)
    PG - Rondo (36) DWest (12)

Murphy and Pavlovic can remain and be used to rest both O'Neals and all the big 3. Having them take off many back-to-backs in the regular season.

Of course depending on Shaq, JO and KG to remain healthy and give us a combined 55-60 mins a game in 70-75 games each next year is pretty iffy. Even w/ Murphy pickign up the slack in 35 games or so i'd like another big added.

Sections
Shortcuts