Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Jeff Green

I never paid much attention to green when he was on the thunder. I'm really hoping he comes around especially after everything he has gone through medically. But even when he played the one season for us I was not impressed with his game. Are we seeing what he is or do you think he wil get better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Jeff Green

Horrible first game.   Much better second game.  I think he'll continue to get better but it won't matte the way the whole team is playing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Roaddogg1959's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never paid much attention to green when he was on the thunder. I'm really hoping he comes around especially after everything he has gone through medically. But even when he played the one season for us I was not impressed with his game. Are we seeing what he is or do you think he wil get better. 

[/QUOTE]
    I have read many mixed impressions by Celtics fans on this board.  The season just started so it is much too early to evaluate Jeff Green.  If he doesn't really help this team then the trade for Perk will prove to be a bad trade.  Even though, Perk had his limitations, I was always a fan of his and believe that we still miss him.   I am hoping that Green proves to be a valuable part of the rebuilding process for this team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Green is going to be fine. remember, this is the first Regular Season action for Green in over a year! Have to let him get his feet wet. its foolish to try to evaluate him after only two games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Nobody is judging JG after 3 games.   Judging him for the half a season he player w/ Cs after the trade and his history of playing w/ OKC.   Many of you maybe don't watch other teams- other players.   JG isn't like James Harden who made big shots, made big plays even though he played w/ Durant and Westbrook.   JG never made big plays.   He was always POTENTIAL.   Potential never works out.   You are who you are after your first year.   You can't change your stripes.   Paper mentioned that JG "can't focused like KG".   I really don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good (lol)!   JG is a dime a dozen type of player.   He's only an NBA player cause he's taller than 6'3", has some skill to make a team, but doesn't have the passion and basketball IQ to be a winner at this high level.   What I always say: "everyone knows how to play, but not everyone knows how to win"......   I play in a rec league where we have drafts 3 times/yr.   I have a few players on my team now that play soft just like JG.   Other teams get shots off and drive to the hoop like they're practicing by themselves.   IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In reply to docc

I know the rap on  Green.  He's soft, can't  rebound, more of an  outside  shooter.

I'll  give him 40 games this  year.   Then, I'll have a good idea.

Until then, IMO, he's a work in  progress.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

agree that we should re-eval him after like 25 games (not quite 40, he's gotta start playing his best ball before 50% of the season goes by, at least by 30% of the year) and also he needs to play 75% of his mins at SF.

That means like 26 SF mins Green, 22 for Pierce, 8 PF mins for Green and 12 SG mins for Pierce. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I have never been a Green fan - obviously we are all rooting for him post surgery  - but the guy is at best a mediocre ball player.  It could be worse than mediocre - but it will not be better than that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm always baffled by how highly many Celts fans rate Green even though he has never shown it on the court (except in preseason where the outcome didn't count and he was playing against stiffs)

I don't know if it's because folks don't want to accept how little we got for Perk or if they just like Green's upside, but I'm not sure there is much of an upside. 

That said I'm more than willing to give him 40 more games before I make a final judgement. I hope to be proven wrong because frankly Green is our best chance of our team improving this year from last. Don't tell me about our deep bench, we can only play five at a time. If Green isn't better I"m not sure how we got better. Unless Sully finds his game right away, but that seems unfair to expect of a rookie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm always baffled by how highly many Celts fans rate Green even though he has never shown it on the court (except in preseason where the outcome didn't count and he was playing against stiffs)

I don't know if it's because folks don't want to accept how little we got for Perk or if they just like Green's upside, but I'm not sure there is much of an upside. 

That said I'm more than willing to give him 40 more games before I make a final judgement. I hope to be proven wrong because frankly Green is our best chance of our team improving this year from last. Don't tell me about our deep bench, we can only play five at a time. If Green isn't better I"m not sure how we got better. Unless Sully finds his game right away, but that seems unfair to expect of a rookie.

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me sounding like a broken record but the weakness on this team is upfront.  We won't win without some help there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

People keep forgetting that when we got JG, we had just lost Marquis and had NO ONE to back up Paul, and we weren't going to be able to resign Perk, so it seemed like a win-win.  I think he can still be a good SF once he gets his sea legs back -- but let's wait 30 games before we judge anyone on this team (or the team as a whole).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People keep forgetting that when we got JG, we had just lost Marquis and had NO ONE to back up Paul, and we weren't going to be able to resign Perk, so it seemed like a win-win.  I think he can still be a good SF once he gets his sea legs back -- but let's wait 30 games before we judge anyone on this team (or the team as a whole).

[/QUOTE]
    You are right about needing a backup for Pierce.  The Celtics didn't have to trade Perk to get a backup for Pierce.  Danny could have found another adequate backup for Pierce and waited until the end of the season for Perk to leave.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to docc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody is judging JG after 3 games.   Judging him for the half a season he player w/ Cs after the trade and his history of playing w/ OKC.   Many of you maybe don't watch other teams- other players.   JG isn't like James Harden who made big shots, made big plays even though he played w/ Durant and Westbrook.   JG never made big plays.   He was always POTENTIAL.   Potential never works out.   You are who you are after your first year.   You can't change your stripes.   Paper mentioned that JG "can't focused like KG".   I really don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good (lol)!   JG is a dime a dozen type of player.   He's only an NBA player cause he's taller than 6'3", has some skill to make a team, but doesn't have the passion and basketball IQ to be a winner at this high level.   What I always say: "everyone knows how to play, but not everyone knows how to win"......   I play in a rec league where we have drafts 3 times/yr.   I have a few players on my team now that play soft just like JG.   Other teams get shots off and drive to the hoop like they're practicing by themselves.   IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

[/QUOTE]
    Is Rondo like his first year? How about AB?? Lebrons was considered a chocker by many...inlcuding myself..I stand corrected...people get better through experience..failure is part of it..It took Jordan six years to win a title..Not saying, he is JOrdan or Worthy, but I don't think we know what his true cieling is yet..You may be right eventually, but I not convinced just yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the only thing that you can judge after three games is that this team has showed up with a pervasive lack of intensity, losing to two bad teams and barely making it past a third HORRIBLE team.

this does not smell like "good coaching".  if we come out and play stinko the first 20 games due to lack of intensity then this season is finished.  we can't end up a bottom end seed in the east and make holes to dig out of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

While I dont agree that a player is what he is after just 1 year. You certainly are after 4, going on fifth year.  Players tend to make that big jump in year 2. 3 tops.

Jgreen at this point is a avg to above slightly above avg player (6th man to fringe starter). Certainly not a 9 million per year player. Yes 9 mill doesnt get you what is used to. But it should get you at least 1 or 2 very good skills. (humphries rebounding, illyasova shooting and rebounding, asik great defense and rebounding)

Jgreen does not excel in one single aspect. He is merely adequate to good in multiple phases of the game. I never cared for his game, offensively hes not very effecient (44%fg) and defensivly he gets overpowered by pfs in the post and cant stay in front of sf's on the perimeter. I hope he proves me wrong, but I havent seen anything to make me think he will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the only thing that you can judge after three games is that this team has showed up with a pervasive lack of intensity, losing to two bad teams and barely making it past a third HORRIBLE team.

this does not smell like "good coaching".  if we come out and play stinko the first 20 games due to lack of intensity then this season is finished.  we can't end up a bottom end seed in the east and make holes to dig out of.

[/QUOTE]

So now Miami is considered as a bad team?? Wow, didn't know that...