Jeff Green

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Jeff Green

Whether you like him or hate him, Jeff Green's 7 minutes of play when the game was in contention is not the reason the C's are struggling.    We have MUCH bigger issues that make Jeff Gree irrelevant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Whether you like him or hate him, Jeff Green's 7 minutes of play when the game was in contention is not the reason the C's are struggling.    We have MUCH bigger issues that make Jeff Gree irrelevant.

Green is a significant piece but you are right.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

4th highest paid player on the team and he has no impact no where is a HUGE issue.  He hasn't done anything since he has been here.  I will admit that I thought JG would be a bigger impact than he has been.

The problem is he doesn't fit our team.  I bet you could get him on a different team and he could be very effective.  We will not get much out of him unless he starts producing and I don't think he will do that as a backup SF.  I don't see how we can not start him.  Not that he is more effective than PP but it is the only way to get anything from Jeff.   We are kind of stuck in the twilight zone with this problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JG seemed just fine preseason on the 2nd unit... he was the "go to guy" and delivered.. So What's happened since??

Maybe he needs to be the man on the floor and play for longer stretches. Maybe hes not always aggressive when the Celtic stars are on the court with him.. Doc needs to figure the guy out.. he certainly has the talent imo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

JG seemed just fine preseason on the 2nd unit... he was the "go to guy" and delivered.. So What's happened since??

Maybe he needs to be the man on the floor and play for longer stretches. Maybe hes not always aggressive when the Celtic stars are on the court with him.. Doc needs to figure the guy out.. he certainly has the talent imo

He definitely needs more playing time.  As has also been mentioned by Kirk and others Doc should have him in the starting lineup with Paul as our shooting guard.  It definitely isn't a bad idea to try other rotations.  We aren't very successful with our current lineup. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

He definitely needs more playing time.  As has also been mentioned by Kirk and others Doc should have him in the starting lineup with Paul as our shooting guard.  It definitely isn't a bad idea to try other rotations.  We aren't very successful with our current lineup. 

Paul Pierce playing SG?   You can't be serious.  He would get abused by quick SG's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Green hadnt even got into the game at the time that we were stuck on 20 points forever. he came in and didnt help but he didnt create that offensive ineptness that started halfway thru the 1st quarter. IMO we played Brooklyn tougher with out Rondo when we lost by 5. Sure we got bludgoened in the 1st half but my thing is this team needs a few games w/out Rondo to determine if the bad defense is starting with him like some say...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

JaJuan Johnson had 16 pts. 14 rebounds and 7 Blocks for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBDL last game.  He'd be doing at least as much as Jeff Green and for a lot less money.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It appears JG is more effective in a run and gun offense, versus a pound the ball half court offense. In order to initiate a run and gun offense, the C's have to get steals and rebounds! 

Jeff Green has to be a big part of the short term solution!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We have MUCH bigger issues that make Jeff Gree irrelevant."

I disagree completely. Aside from Bradley getting healthy, there is no way the Celtics can get a lot better this year without Jeff Green playing well. He's crucial. For example, perhaps you think toughness, rebounding, and defense are more important. Well, if Green was playing well he could be the centerpiece of a trade to get such a player. Right now, you couldn't trade him for a bag of balls.

If Green doesn't make a major impact or play well enough to be traded for an impact player the Celts are going to be severely challenged to compete against the improved eastern conference teams. Green's contract is not small and prevents us from making other good moves. If for some reason Green continues to play horrible and we have to trade for a big, we really have no pieces to trade that won't hurt us badly by giving them up. 

So, Green matters a great deal to our prospects this season. Bradley's health and recovery are more important but that's about it. You know I hate to agree with TommyFraud and his team has a whole set of serious problems also, but Green's mental makeup does look terrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

JaJuan Johnson had 16 pts. 14 rebounds and 7 Blocks for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBDL last game.  He'd be doing at least as much as Jeff Green and for a lot less money.

Not true.

What's not true?  That he had 16 pts., 14 rebs, and 7 blocks in his last game or that he'd be doing at least as much as Jeff Green to this point and for a lot less money?  Because you have to admit that, up to this point, Jeff Green has not done all that much outside of a few games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I disagree completely. Aside from Bradley getting healthy, there is no way the Celtics can get a lot better this year without Jeff Green playing well. He's crucial. For example, perhaps you think toughness, rebounding, and defense are more important. Well, if Green was playing well he could be the centerpiece of a trade to get such a player. Right now, you couldn't trade him for a bag of balls.

If Green doesn't make a major impact or play well enough to be traded for an impact player the Celts are going to be severely challenged to compete against the improved eastern conference teams. Green's contract is not small and prevents us from making other good moves. If for some reason Green continues to play horrible and we have to trade for a big, we really have no pieces to trade that won't hurt us badly by giving them up. 

So, Green matters a great deal to our prospects this season. Bradley's health and recovery are more important but that's about it. You know I hate to agree with TommyFraud and his team has a whole set of serious problems also, but Green's mental makeup does look terrible.

Exactly right.  If I were Danny, I would haul Doc into the office and tell him to start giving this guy substantial minutes.  Doc is infuriating at times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Exactly right.  If I were Danny, I would haul Doc into the office and tell him to start giving this guy substantial minutes.  Doc is infuriating at times.

Doc not only needs to give the guy more minutes but needs to tell him to attack. The standing behind the 3 point line isn't going to get him anywhere. I'm sorry but this guy can contribute, But is being held back by the great coach IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

Doc not only needs to give the guy more minutes but needs to tell him to attack. The standing behind the 3 point line isn't going to get him anywhere. I'm sorry but this guy can contribute, But is being held back by the great coach IMO.

I'm not sure that is not what Doc wants him to be doing - standing outside the 3 point line.  That's all he had Michael Pietrus ever do was stand outside the 3 point line.  Remember how Doc used to laud MP as such a smart player because he came into camp and figured out the offense so quickly?  I used to laugh when I heard that because all Michael Pietrus ever used to do was stand outside the 3 point line, so when I see Jeff Green do that, I'm not entirely sure Doc is not telling him to do that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

I'm not sure that is not what Doc wants him to be doing - standing outside the 3 point line.  That's all he had Michael Pietrus ever do was stand outside the 3 point line.  Remember how Doc used to laud MP as such a smart player because he came into camp and figured out the offense so quickly?  I used to laugh when I heard that because all Michael Pietrus ever used to do was stand outside the 3 point line, so when I see Jeff Green do that, I'm not entirely sure Doc is not telling him to do that.

Lol I was saying Doc is telling him to do so. Doc always has someone out there. Jeff Green just isn't the person to fit the bill. Green is a slasher not a spot up shooter. When he done good in the preseason he never stood out there waiting on the pass the never came. He was attacking and doing well. Doc needs to turn him loose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The Fort Wayne Mad Ants? The name of the team should tell you enough. This has very little to do with the NBA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

The Fort Wayne Mad Ants? The name of the team should tell you enough. This has very little to do with the NBA.

Not saying he'd be an all-star.  Just saying he'd be about as impactful as Jeff Green has been to this point, which is hardly impactful....and for 9X less per year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Not saying he'd be an all-star.  Just saying he'd be about as impactful as Jeff Green has been to this point, which is hardly impactful....and for 9X less per year.

Then why not make the same case for K. Joseph who is on our team? Last two games with Redclaws: 25.5 pts. 7.5 Rebs. and 3.5 assists. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The fact from this thread is Jeff Green need to play more and we will see if he can be a factor on this team. At some point the experiment will be over and he will stay or be traded.  

The fly in the ointment is Pierce, who is in the Dna of the team and they cannot let go of this. Pierce will get injured or be so abused on court he will taken out of the line up at some point in the future. The easiest way would be for Doc to say to him Paul your not playing over twenty five minutes in any game.  Unless you will have it going in a particular game. Doc won't do it though.  Pierce is Green's problem and well as Terry's and BAss's.  He just is to much of a focal point in the offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I doubt they would have the contribution of Green, as little as it is. The difference between the DL and NBA is beyond huge.

Green needs to play more; what can it hurt? It's not like we're setting the league on fire right now. Pierce needs to play less, Terry needs to get more shots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The fact from this thread is Jeff Green need to play more and we will see if he can be a factor on this team. At some point the experiment will be over and he will stay or be traded.  

The fly in the ointment is Pierce, who is in the Dna of the team and they cannot let go of this. Pierce will get injured or be so abused on court he will taken out of the line up at some point in the future. The easiest way would be for Doc to say to him Paul your not playing over twenty five minutes in any game.  Unless you will have it going in a particular game. Doc won't do it though.  Pierce is Green's problem and well as Terry's and BAss's.  He just is to much of a focal point in the offense.

Agree completely.

Sections
Shortcuts