[QUOTE]

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We have MUCH bigger issues that make Jeff Gree irrelevant."

I disagree completely. Aside from Bradley getting healthy, there is no way the Celtics can get a lot better this year without Jeff Green playing well. He's crucial. For example, perhaps you think toughness, rebounding, and defense are more important. Well, if Green was playing well he could be the centerpiece of a trade to get such a player. Right now, you couldn't trade him for a bag of balls.

If Green doesn't make a major impact or play well enough to be traded for an impact player the Celts are going to be severely challenged to compete against the improved eastern conference teams. Green's contract is not small and prevents us from making other good moves. If for some reason Green continues to play horrible and we have to trade for a big, we really have no pieces to trade that won't hurt us badly by giving them up. 

So, Green matters a great deal to our prospects this season. Bradley's health and recovery are more important but that's about it. You know I hate to agree with TommyFraud and his team has a whole set of serious problems also, but Green's mental makeup does look terrible.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.  If I were Danny, I would haul Doc into the office and tell him to start giving this guy substantial minutes.  Doc is infuriating at times.

[/QUOTE]

Doc not only needs to give the guy more minutes but needs to tell him to attack. The standing behind the 3 point line isn't going to get him anywhere. I'm sorry but this guy can contribute, But is being held back by the great coach IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that is not what Doc wants him to be doing - standing outside the 3 point line.  That's all he had Michael Pietrus ever do was stand outside the 3 point line.  Remember how Doc used to laud MP as such a smart player because he came into camp and figured out the offense so quickly?  I used to laugh when I heard that because all Michael Pietrus ever used to do was stand outside the 3 point line, so when I see Jeff Green do that, I'm not entirely sure Doc is not telling him to do that.

[/QUOTE]

Lol I was saying Doc is telling him to do so. Doc always has someone out there. Jeff Green just isn't the person to fit the bill. Green is a slasher not a spot up shooter. When he done good in the preseason he never stood out there waiting on the pass the never came. He was attacking and doing well. Doc needs to turn him loose.

[/QUOTE]

^ this. Either you keep him or trade him but he must get minutes. Showcase him and either watch him grow and decide to keep or trade him but he has been a start his whole career except here and getting 22 minutes a game is not enough to gauge IMO but yes he has been disappointing compared to preseason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: Jeff Green

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green hadnt even got into the game at the time that we were stuck on 20 points forever. he came in and didnt help but he didnt create that offensive ineptness that started halfway thru the 1st quarter. IMO we played Brooklyn tougher with out Rondo when we lost by 5. Sure we got bludgoened in the 1st half but my thing is this team needs a few games w/out Rondo to determine if the bad defense is starting with him like some say...

[/QUOTE]

As I recall you guys did alright without Rondo last year.  Didn't you win nearly every game you played without him?  I also recall Ray and Rondo being out at the same time and you guys won like 9 out of 10 games.  Just a observation.  I bet you guys win the game tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

it can't be overstated how bad green has been so far this year. with the exception of a few brief stretches where he poured in some points there haven't been many times when he looked vaguely in sync with his (admittedly out of sync) team. while an athlete's body language - posture, facial expressions etc. might be overrated and not directy correlate to said athlete's success, it's hard to deny that green usually looks perpelexed/awkward/non-plussed on the court. with the exception of a couple of emphatic dunks when he showed a bit of happiness/energy he usually has this "did I do okay?" look on his face when doing anything positive, and often looks like a little kid who just got caught doing something bad when he get scored on, fouls, or misses shots. other times he just looks lost or disinterested, hardly the engaged look of someone ready to do battle every night. just very strange to see an athlete of this caliber, making this much money, playing with a deer in the headlights look all the time. if you didn't know better you'd think he was a rookie.

wish green all the best personally; no small thing to overcome heart surgery and get back to playing in the nba, but he's cashing his checks and this team needs him to perform at a MUCH higher level or they need to get someone in who can. the combination of green's play; the absence of Bradley; and Darko not playing/his departure and the lack of 1-2 legit big men in the rotation is killing this team. there are other issues having to do with team defense, continuity with new personnel, the run game, defining the personality of this team, etc., but unless these core issues are addressed this team is destined to be at about the .500 mark and a marginal playoff team.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

Right on the money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We have MUCH bigger issues that make Jeff Gree irrelevant."

I disagree completely. Aside from Bradley getting healthy, there is no way the Celtics can get a lot better this year without Jeff Green playing well. He's crucial. For example, perhaps you think toughness, rebounding, and defense are more important. Well, if Green was playing well he could be the centerpiece of a trade to get such a player. Right now, you couldn't trade him for a bag of balls.

If Green doesn't make a major impact or play well enough to be traded for an impact player the Celts are going to be severely challenged to compete against the improved eastern conference teams. Green's contract is not small and prevents us from making other good moves. If for some reason Green continues to play horrible and we have to trade for a big, we really have no pieces to trade that won't hurt us badly by giving them up. 

So, Green matters a great deal to our prospects this season. Bradley's health and recovery are more important but that's about it. You know I hate to agree with TommyFraud and his team has a whole set of serious problems also, but Green's mental makeup does look terrible.

[/QUOTE]

First, I was talking about the Brooklyn game and Green played 7 minutes during the time that the debacle occurred.   He wasn't doing anything but he also wasn't the guy letting Blatche get to the hole so easily, having turnovers, falling down due to crossovers, etc.   our team has, and I repeat, MUCH bigger issues than Grren's performance in those 7 minutes.  

Green can't make a difference in those 7 minutes!

another thing to consider in the preseason vs the regular season:  guess what the difference is between Green's minutes then and now?   He played less minutes with Rondo, who holds the ball dribbling around and directing traffic.  In the process, he looks for the man with an open jumpshot .  Green is not Ray Allen or Jason terry or Paul Pierce (Great stand around jumpshooters).  He needs to have speed and movement to take advantage of his skills. That means Doc needs to give Green minutes and Rondo needs to get the ball moving not dribbling and directing traffic. 

Yes, I think we have to play better D, get more rebounds, box out, and shoot better as a team.  Green, in 7 minutes, can't fix all that.  He's just one player.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to lakerfaker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JG seemed just fine preseason on the 2nd unit... he was the "go to guy" and delivered.. So What's happened since??

Maybe he needs to be the man on the floor and play for longer stretches. Maybe hes not always aggressive when the Celtic stars are on the court with him.. Doc needs to figure the guy out.. he certainly has the talent imo

[/QUOTE]
    He definitely needs more playing time.  As has also been mentioned by Kirk and others Doc should have him in the starting lineup with Paul as our shooting guard.  It definitely isn't a bad idea to try other rotations.  We aren't very successful with our current lineup. 

[/QUOTE]

Paul Pierce playing SG?   You can't be serious.  He would get abused by quick SG's.

[/QUOTE]

Joe Johnson proved this in the last game. Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

On the topic of laughter, how about Gasol's attempt at a singing career!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXSSP6Ujwg

Sing it Pau! "where did I go wrong"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fact from this thread is Jeff Green need to play more and we will see if he can be a factor on this team. At some point the experiment will be over and he will stay or be traded.  

The fly in the ointment is Pierce, who is in the Dna of the team and they cannot let go of this. Pierce will get injured or be so abused on court he will taken out of the line up at some point in the future. The easiest way would be for Doc to say to him Paul your not playing over twenty five minutes in any game.  Unless you will have it going in a particular game. Doc won't do it though.  Pierce is Green's problem and well as Terry's and BAss's.  He just is to much of a focal point in the offense.

[/QUOTE]

Agree completely.

[/QUOTE]

+1 my friend

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Since PP is the better 3 point shooter and like 10 years Greens elder, why isnt PP sitting out at the 3 point line while JG drives to the Paint?  He showed one game that he can create off the dribble of the middle is clogged up and if not he should score or get fouled but I think the refs dont give him much respect cuz he plays kinda soft down there but he is our best athlete and needs more chances to explode to the rim, not sitting around for kick out shots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since PP is the better 3 point shooter and like 10 years Greens elder, why isnt PP sitting out at the 3 point line while JG drives to the Paint?  He showed one game that he can create off the dribble of the middle is clogged up and if not he should score or get fouled but I think the refs dont give him much respect cuz he plays kinda soft down there but he is our best athlete and needs more chances to explode to the rim, not sitting around for kick out shots.

[/QUOTE]

So - is it Green, Rondo (point guard holding the ball and calling the plays), or Doc (coaching).   I suspect its a little of all three.   Doc played him 7 minutes during 3 quarters when the Nets were killing Pierce.   Doc has lost faith in Green like we have.  

This is a true mess now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I want to see the Celtics start Green and have Pierce come off the bench...however I doubt Doc will do it.

Green is young and can get to the basket. I think Pierce would be more effective giving us minutes off the bench.  If we aren't going to start him, please give him a bit more than 21.5 MPG.

14. This post has been removed.