Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat

In Response to Re: Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat:
    I think Van Gundy is overly optimistic about the Heat, but he does raise an interesting point. When the Celtics played Miami, Cleveland, and the Lakers, Thib's defensive schemes were focussed on Wade, LeBron, and Kobe with all of the players not guarding Wade, LeBron, or Kobe being aware of that player and shifting over to help as soon as they started to drive. Against Miami next year, an approach like that is not going to be viable and better one-on-one defense will be needed. Its going to be harder to stop all three and their supporting crew.
    Posted by ControllerMod
    As long as there is only one Basketball the team who plays as a team will generally win. Wade,Bosh and King of nothing are good ballplayers but they are not the end all beat all.. The east will be a dogfight! I don't think there is any competition out West as it's all Fakers all the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat : As long as there is only one Basketball the team who plays as a team will generally win. Wade,Bosh and King of nothing are good ballplayers but they are not the end all beat all.. The east will be a dogfight! I don't think there is any competition out West as it's all Fakers all the time.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Don't sleep on Houston
    Don't sleep on Utah
    Don't sleep on OKC!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The comments about Miami winning over 72 games being a lock, that they cannot lose more than one game in a row seems like they can't be serious.  His brother is a short distance away and has many reasons to feel they can be competitive this whole interview sounds tongue in cheek. Van Gundy is not stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat:
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68582/20100808/heat_will_break_chicagos_wins_record_says_jeff_van_gundy/ If Jeff Van Gundy was any good at coaching he would have a job in the league. He never wants to give the celtics credit for anything. He just kisses up to Labron, Bosh and D- Wade.  He says the only team that has a chance to beat the Heat in the playoffs are the lakers. I disagree I think the celtics can beat the Heat come play off time.  What are your thoughts ? ?
    Posted by green0534

"...CAN"...MAKE THAT , WILL "BEAT THE HEAT.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

I think Van Gundy is overly optimistic about the Heat, but he does raise an interesting point. When the Celtics played Miami, Cleveland, and the Lakers, Thib's defensive schemes were focussed on Wade, LeBron, and Kobe with all of the players not guarding Wade, LeBron, or Kobe being aware of that player and shifting over to help as soon as they started to drive. Against Miami next year, an approach like that is not going to be viable and better one-on-one defense will be needed. Its going to be harder to stop all three and their supporting crew.
    Posted by ControllerMod

AND WE SHOULD BE MINDFUL , THE HEAT MUST PLAY DEFENSE AGAINST THE C'S....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat : Don't sleep on Houston Don't sleep on Utah Don't sleep on OKC!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

PORTLAND IS THE TEAM THE LAKERRETTES FEAR. MOST..IF THEY ARE HEALTHY THEY ARE CONFIDENT THEY CAN BEAT CANCER-KOBE.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat:
    I disagree I think the celtics can beat the Heat come play off time.  What are your thoughts ? ?
    Posted by green0534

i agree with you.  but you also have to take VG's blabber with a grain of salt, that being his paycheck as an announcer is signed by the nba.  i think that this lebron-wade-bosh project is a big risk not just for the heat but the league overall.  it would say volumes about their superstars if three of the best can't come together and win it.

and that's not even considering the ongoing likability problems with lebron james.  he's not likeable.  he's just not.  jordan was.  there is no comparison.  so van grumpy is not going to do anything but wax positive about miami at this point.

i really like our chances against miami.  shaq will be motivated and we will function as a team whereas miami will function as three guys trying to force their egos to live with reduced stats.  it's hard to do that because they think those stats translate into endorsement deals.  of the three the only one who comes close to getting it is wade.  bosh and lebron have never won anything.  and lebron quit when times got tough last year.  it all bodes well for us having success, at least i think.

all we need is a 2/3 swing guy for the right depth at each position and we are sitting pretty assuming no major injuries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

this team as currently constructed...without injury to one of the three amigo's will win at least 70 games...but then again...i could care less about the regular season...something tells me lebron, wade and bosh feel the same way

i think the backlash against the heat will be a tremendous motivating factor for the team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Van Gundy comments on the Miami Heat : Don't sleep on Houston Don't sleep on Utah Don't sleep on OKC!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Take a look at Dallas' roster.

Frontline of Haywood, Chandler and Dirk at 7 feet each.

Marion, Butler, Terry, Kidd, Beaubois, Barea to penetrate and score and playmake.

Stevenson and Buckner for perimeter D off the bench.

Pretty solid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think Van Gundy is kissing up to Pat Riley and the Heat brass so he can get a head coaching position with them in the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Well there is a reason he has a microphone and not a clip board. Idiot Van Gundy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Posted by ControllerMod

PP guarded James one one. KG guarded Bosh one on one.  The Heat has NO ONE to guard Rondo.

The Heat do NOT have a viable PG.  James was a limited PF in Cleveland in an offense build to return the ball to himself, not to distribute the ball.

They can not rebound against the Magic, Celtics or Lakers to name 3.

The heat might win 70 against the D leaguers.  They will win about 60 and dominate the lesser likes.  They won't be able to contend vs superior defensive teams as constituted. 

Van Gundy is speaking out of the wrong hole

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Jeff Van gundy is the worst nba tv analyst/commentator ever...he has his favorites and his comments sway accordingly..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LMAO! JVG please take the knee pads off. Geez, I know you're good friends with Riley but c'mon this is just so crazy. He should know alot happens in a grinding 82-games NBA season.

33 straight wins will NOT happen!! Period, point blank
    No more than 2 losses in a row - are you serious?
    72 win season - yeah ok with no real presence inside

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Posted by BirdandCowens

Yes, I'll sleep on all of them. Maybe stay awake a bit for OKC. The rest?? Forget it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

d-wade can more than adequately cover rondo, especially if he can force rondo to shoot the ball

id be more worried about who is going to cover LBJ and wade and how much help defense will suffice as to not leave miller and eddie house wide open

Sections
Shortcuts