JEFFREY GREEN will be the STARTING all-star 2-guard next season! these playoffs could be the CORONATION of Green!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: JEFFREY GREEN will be the STARTING all-star 2-guard next season! these playoffs could be the CORONATION of Green!

T-Will and Crawford just made it offical Barbosa will not be back.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: JEFFREY GREEN will be the STARTING all-star 2-guard next season! these playoffs could be the CORONATION of Green!

We can go into next year with this team all we need is a legit big. T-Will Crawford White could allbe back next year. Rondo may be odd man out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Starting all star 2 guard seems a bit of a reach but gotta admit, Green is looking solid. 

Ainge seems to have done his finest work in the last couple weeks, some brilliant efforts on his part despite the whining on this board that we should have found a tall stiff. 

Rondo is now the most tradeable contract. If T-Will can play like this you have to move Rondo for a big. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would like to see him do this for more than a couple games before I get rid of Rondo to keep him.  Don't you think that might be best?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Lol -- when you see Green's consistency - then, you can use your coronation...but until then..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wow the first post of the thread was deleted.  Hmmm.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

The problem is Doc Rivers is not smart enough to start Green at the 2.

Green could be our Kobe.

Maybe because Doc should start Green at the 4 instead? Bass is horrible.  Why would you want to leave in bass and sit Lee?

That makes no sense at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Green could be our Kobe.

Maybe because Doc should start Green at the 4 instead? Bass is horrible.  Why would you want to leave in bass and sit Lee?

That makes no sense at all.

Because Green could be our Kobe.  I think I just pulled something laughing. Not sure Doc will ever learn to coach Snake.  He just  doesn't get it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Green is the full package, have always thought that, but his game blends in to the background. When he leads the way like last night its amazing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Starting all star 2 guard seems a bit of a reach but gotta admit, Green is looking solid. 

Ainge seems to have done his finest work in the last couple weeks, some brilliant efforts on his part despite the whining on this board that we should have found a tall stiff. 

Rondo is now the most tradeable contract. If T-Will can play like this you have to move Rondo for a big. 

I agree with Gennaro & the above post...we still need a BIG MAN !!!

Hopefully, PP will be happy playing off the bench and maybe only 20-25  min. We need KG more for his height although PP is a good rebounder.

I didn't even care that PP only got 8 points. Wait until this group can pass to KG at 5-15 ft out. Can't wait for next game !!!

OK...I realize we didn't beat the Lakers or Nuggets & the Suns are mediocre. But WOW !!! I thought at times I was watching a youthful 18-21 year old college team running up and down the floor, passing, finding the open man, driving to the basket and rebounding aggressively.

We actually won the rebound battle 45-40 and their 6'11" Gortat, whom many posts wanted us to get in a trade(he is not worth Rondo), got 6 rebs and Wilcox, 6'10 , got 8 and Green at 6'8", got 7.

I still say we need a big man and Cousins for  Rondo would be nice. The hustle of Williams and Crawford was refreshing & they seemed to make all our others hustle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Green could be our Kobe.

Every time I have sen Green at 2, the ball stops moving and guys don't know what to do on offense.  Also, with all the players on the team, 2 is least of the concerns.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Big shmig, we don't need no stinking bigs. Let's roll !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Green will replace PP, sooner or later. He's a natural 3. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Speaking of Bass, anyone know how Big Baby is doing? Was the trade a wash?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Big shmig, we don't need no stinking bigs. Let's roll !!

Rajon- Hondo...your avatar- blasphemy! Haha..who is Belichick? john the baptist?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

JG is not a winning basketball player.   He doesn't show up in big games.   He blasts the Suns.   Aren't they the worse defensive team in the league, if not one of the worse overall teams?   Next game against better players w/ length, he is -17 in production!   A D-league player from Spain also off the bench like JG gets 10 rebounds against JG or do you just want to say that JG couldn't stop Batum nor Aldridge?  
        You got on me when I said that Clark of LAL would outplay JG when Fakers came to Boston, and  JG outplayed him.    Cs get to LA and thats when JG lays an egg and $800,000 Clark outplays JG.   He's soft, can't make two shots in a row.   Can't cover the better players.   And, he's making 9mil for this mediocrity!   We Cs fans are suppose to be the most knowlegable in the world.   Suppose to have some of that Arnold Auerbach influence rub off on us (obviously didn't happen to DA).   Will you please stop watching the games like a 5yo on Christmas and really see what is going on!
       Who would you rather have James Harden or JG?   Of course JH.   Both drafted #5.   Now you know JH can ball.   JG is nowwhere close to JH.   So, why are you drooling over him?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jeff Green  WILL NOT  be the starting Shooting Guard at an All Star game EVER! He plays small forward and power forward.

And those who think he Should be the starting small guard, should know Green has poor lateral quickness and would have a VERY hard time covering quick shooting guards or even shooting guards like Allen running through screens. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to docc's comment:

JG is not a winning basketball player.   He doesn't show up in big games.   He blasts the Suns.   Aren't they the worse defensive team in the league, if not one of the worse overall teams?   Next game against better players w/ length, he is -17 in production!   A D-league player from Spain also off the bench like JG gets 10 rebounds against JG or do you just want to say that JG couldn't stop Batum nor Aldridge?  
        You got on me when I said that Clark of LAL would outplay JG when Fakers came to Boston, and  JG outplayed him.    Cs get to LA and thats when JG lays an egg and $800,000 Clark outplays JG.   He's soft, can't make two shots in a row.   Can't cover the better players.   And, he's making 9mil for this mediocrity!   We Cs fans are suppose to be the most knowlegable in the world.   Suppose to have some of that Arnold Auerbach influence rub off on us (obviously didn't happen to DA).   Will you please stop watching the games like a 5yo on Christmas and really see what is going on!
       Who would you rather have James Harden or JG?   Of course JH.   Both drafted #5.   Now you know JH can ball.   JG is nowwhere close to JH.   So, why are you drooling over him?

Careful about those negative ratings. Harden was one of 3 allstars who have an overall negative rating(Rondo was one of the other 2) and we obviously would prefer them to JG...Do we not?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I don't worry about any ratings.   I watch the game, therefore, I watch players.   JG can't play winning basketball.   Will he in the future?   Probably not.   Most players can't change their spots.   When the going gets tough, some can't get going.   When you have to step it up, some wilt.   Being a good player means being consistent.   The better the player, the more consistent.   The bigger the game, competition, good-great players want to show what they are made of.   Better players want to be leaders in the games.   Like I said, JG just wilts under these pressures.   I'm not getting on him cause I have nothing to do.   I'm just poing out the fact that DA can't judge talent (not for 9mil) and get tired of you fans fawning over JG for the few things that someone w/ half his salary would do.   I'm about winning basketball.   Been watching all my life being a Cs fan.   Some of these DA aquisitions and rumours about what he's gonna do are not good at all.

Sections
Shortcuts