Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : You do know hotrod, or brokenrod is Fierce don't you, his Sybil personalities take over after midnight!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    I know...along with a few others.  IP check please!!!!!!!!  LOL!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The bigger question about Lin is could a player on the Celtics bench get a chance to excel like Lin.  I think it is very much in question if Doc would even let it have a chance to happen.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The bigger question about Lin is could a player on the Celtics bench get a chance to excel like Lin.  I think it is very much in question if Doc would even let it have a chance to happen.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Bingo. As much as Moore has to learn i believe if he got a lot of minutes we would find out that he could score over 20 pts as well.  That in turn would eliminate the double teaming of PP and RA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Everybody is Fierce34 if you disagree with Dink(kyceltic) and Doink(Mployee8). You didn't know that? kyceltic lost all his credibility last season when he said Paul Pierce is just on the same level with Mitch Richmond. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Man i was reading some of the posts from last night, and you must have really been hitting the keystone hard, you were terrible. You should try getting more sleep!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : So Peitrus is now a lock down defender? Such a clever line.... All the Celtics brick shots!!  KG as horrible the game before last.... AB or EM will do no better. The flaw with this team.......(are you ready?) AGE
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Are you a C's fan or Rondo's official cup sniffer? I gots to know...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Are you a C's fan or Rondo's official cup sniffer? I gots to know...
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Check my sig....

Ive been a fan since 1980.  but Im realistic about this season.  Im not defending rondo.  Im using the same criticisms on Rondo and apply them to everyone.  The bashing cant be all just one player.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is not how they are playing Rondo. It's the fact that Rondo HAS to shoot when they play him that way. If I were Doc Rivers I would make Rondo shoot every time they play him that way.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    I am not sure of the result but it would be better than constantly forcing it.  One day Rondo might actually make a few.  The problem is the guy over a season is going to miss more shots from the perimeter than anyone else on the team. Excluding JON, he can't even make a shot from eight feet consistently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]34 points against the Lakers and counting...
    Posted by bigegg[/QUOTE]

Rondo may have graduated from diapers to pullups to depends but it is obvious that he needs at least one of them given that he was named to the all-star team, so the actual fans have to put up with his pouting for the rest of the year while his ego recovers from yet another indication that he is actually not one of the best point guards in the league....

The question of whether Lin is better is silly.... Lin can shoot, enough said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Rondo may have graduated from diapers to pullups to depends but it is obvious that he needs at least one of them given that he was named to the all-star team, so the actual fans have to put up with his pouting for the rest of the year while his ego recovers from yet another indication that he is actually not one of the best point guards in the league.... The question of whether Lin is better is silly.... Lin can shoot, enough said.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

According to your theory, Lin shouldn't be any good.
    Only lottery pick can be good.
    Lin was undrafted, 4-time D-Leaguer, how can he be any good???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

It's harder to name a PG who's worse than Rondo right now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : According to your theory, Lin shouldn't be any good. Only lottery pick can be good. Lin was undrafted, 4-time D-Leaguer, how can he be any good???
    Posted by alchow00[/QUOTE]
    Being better than Rondo does not require being drafted really high, just being able to shoot makes someone a better point guard than Rondo.

Rose, Williams, Paul, Westbrook, Irving, Jennings, and so on make it obvious that the best point guards are drafted higher.  However that has nothing to do with being better than another player who was not drafted very high.

For years I have been reading here that what Rondo can do makes up for the things he cannot do.... he cannot shoot and he cannot make free throws, he routinely passes up layups and wide open uncontested jumpers to "be perfect for this team"....  the reality of the situation is he is no better than his peers at rebounding, making assists, and is marginally better than his peers making steals.... so what is he better at?  He is better at playing with hall of fame players.

After all the nonsense about how the Lakers length (or as Doc would say "lenf") it was Doc's own words that went something like this "his inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs"....

If Rondo averaged 18 assists while his peers averaged 10 and he averaged 9 rebounds for a point guard while his peers averaged 4 and he averaged 6 steals while his peers averaged 2 his stenfs would outweigh his weaknesses but the reality is he is among the league leaders in some categories and among the worst in a couple of key categories and in my opinion it has cost them two titles.

So give me someone that can do all the things Rondo can do and the things he can't and drum roll please.... they are better than Rondo... if that is Lin... then so be it.... it has nothing do with draft position as Danny saved Rondo from sliding until the second round.....

On top of that and as I have said here many many times I think the point guard position is vastly overrated... in the last 20 years only two point guards that I would even consider good have won titles - Billups and Parker.... the Spurs won 4 or 5, the Lakers won 5 or 6 and the Bulls won 6....  on all of those teams only Parker and Billups are what I would consider good....

This year when the Heat play OKC it will mark the first time in a while one of the elite point guards play in the finals.

Last year it was Kidd and Bibby, hardly what I would call elite point guards yet nonetheless both drafted in the top 10....

If Danny got a call today from Cleveland that said something like we will give you Irving for Rondo and whatever it takes to make the salaries match, Danny would have another heart attack, call 911, hope he survives and then make the deal without a heartbeat.

Every night, night after night the Cs play the opposition 3 against 5....  Rondo and O'Neal are complete non-factors in the offensive set.

If the Cs had a point guard that could shoot Ray and Paul and KG would have much much much easier shots and their offense would not have been held to an average of 80 the last couple of games and would not be routinely stagnant and one of the worst in the league.

Yes indeed, give me Lin over Rondo anytime.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Really?  He must be better than the entire Celtics roster because he does what no other Celtics seem to know how or want to do and that's drive to the basket. He's better than KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and JO.  The only Celtic that continues to drive to the hoop is Rondo!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Lin likely gets player of the week like Paul did last week.  He's a Harvard man and I wish him well, and if he keeps this up, heck ya, love to see him as the starting point guard in green, why not?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is not how they are playing Rondo. It's the fact that Rondo HAS to shoot when they play him that way. If I were Doc Rivers I would make Rondo shoot every time they play him that way.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Year after year this is posted; Rondo shys away from shooting...he'll do it and he's not thtat bad, but he's shy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Right now Lin DOES look better than Rondo. But: your three game sample size is a little pathetic and very trollish.  You realize the Houston Rockets gave up on Lin? It's not like he was oozing talent.  But yeah, if he continues to play like this for a season or two, he's better than Rondo.  That doesn't change the fact that we have a flawed team for any number of reasons right now. But nice job pointing fingers, I see you attracted the usual haters
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

If he plays like the last few games for a "season or two" he'll be the new face of the NBA. I think what Kobe was trying to relate is let's see how this kid does after Peace breaks a piece of his ankle or something like that. He definately needs to show his talent against the inevatible adversity that comes with NBA life. Let's see how he does; Harvard man, I'm cheering for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Jeremy Lin gets a buzzer beater tonight against the Raptors. The kid is simply fearless.

Year 6 and we are still waiting for R9R to get his first game winning shot.

Pud

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

This J-Lin guy is unbelievable. Down by 9 with leass than 4 min to play, he scored 7 points for the 6th straight win.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Lin can do that because he's a good FT shooter and 3pt shooter. You can't make a comeback if you can't shoot.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He's averaging 27 PPG, 9 dimes and 9FTA since starting 6 games ago. Plays good D too.

YOWSA!

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts