Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

34 points against the Lakers and counting...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

He is better tonight.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

he is the real thing   Danny sign him pls next season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

This kid is very smart. Can play defense and offense. Too bad celtics did not get him. Who said Danny knows all good payers?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

as usual, i was on the cutting edge of this prediction way before the bandwagon started (not to beat my chest or anything). there was even a thread about LIN = TEBOW! this guy is timmy tebow in how he's motivated and pushed his guys into greater greatness. rr just went for the ride, he's not GREAT! LIN RIGHT NOW IS better THAN ANything rndo has ever shown.. period! the kid is as speedy, drives just as well, is better with his left hand, is almost as good a passer, not as good as a mam to man defenser but serviceable, far better as a shooter from all ranges and of course the FT line. if we had lin the last 4 years, we have 2 to 3 rings by now. if i'm the knicks, melo and amare submit to this kid. he becomes the steve nash of d'antoni's system, the other 2 are the PIPS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

JL is a good player so far.  But holla at me when he get's a ring.  Im going to roll with the point guard that has proven himself and not just the flavor of the week.. Good game for the yellow mamba! Does Rondo need to improve?  Sure.  But if you guys are so bent on trading him then go up to the Celtics practice facility or TD bank and let DA know.  DA isn't logging on to BDC!!!  Rondo is not the problem.  The problem is a lack of low post presence that commands a double team.  But that player is not walking though those doors.  No big big like that can be had for any combination of Celtics players.

See im not delusional about this season.  i don't think they will or can win it all.  So im not going to keep logging on everyday with fanciful trade scenarios. But I understand that FANatics we are. Some just a little more fanatical.

A 6, 7, or 8th seed is unacceptable.  This is the early 90s all over again. It's fools gold to think beating up on Cleveland, Washington, a flaud Orlando team and the bottom feeders of the NBA makes us a contender.

I know it's easier to blame Rondo than to face reality that this team isn't going to hoist a banner this season.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over a loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Too early to say anything, but Lin can make jump shots, something Rondo has never been able to do consistently.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Rondo's trade value is plummeting by the game.
    Lin is the star of NY and the NBA right now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Rondo will come to LA. Be patient!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Trade exception and 1st round pick.
    0% chance LA trades Gasol to get Rondo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Trade exception and 1st round pick. 0% chance LA trades Gasol to get Rondo.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Then you don't get him!!  Rondo for Nash and Lopez is a far better deal.  Just waiting for Nash to request a trade!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Then you don't get him!!  Rondo for Nash and Lopez is a far better deal.  Just waiting for Nash to request a trade!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Nash said today that he wants to play out his contract.

"Absolutely nothing has changed in the desert since the last time we examined Steve Nash's status extensively. Sources close to the situation insist that Nash will be finishing this season as a Sun before the prospect of going elsewhere is even broached."

Boston better take a 1st round pick for Rondo before he destroys team chemistry. I can see some DNP-CD's in Rondo's future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

DNP-CD for Rondo, or any of the big 3 for that matter? With Doc as coach? That'll be the day!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]DNP-CD for Rondo, or any of the big 3 for that matter? With Doc as coach? That'll be the day!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Milwaukee has done it recently with Stephen Jackson for a reason.
    Rondo needs to clear his head of whatever is affecting him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Can't use the trade exception because it's only 8.9m. Rondo's salary is 10m.

The 125% rule applies to all trades, including trade exceptions.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : I'll have to check because the ESPN trade machine won't allow Rondo to go to the Lakers if the Celts get nothing back.

You can't use the trade machine for the larger trade exceptions for some reason.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Right now Lin DOES look better than Rondo. But: your three game sample size is a little pathetic and very trollish. 

You realize the Houston Rockets gave up on Lin? It's not like he was oozing talent. 

But yeah, if he continues to play like this for a season or two, he's better than Rondo. 

That doesn't change the fact that we have a flawed team for any number of reasons right now. But nice job pointing fingers, I see you attracted the usual haters

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Right now Lin DOES look better than Rondo. But: your three game sample size is a little pathetic and very trollish.  You realize the Houston Rockets gave up on Lin? It's not like he was oozing talent.  But yeah, if he continues to play like this for a season or two, he's better than Rondo.  That doesn't change the fact that we have a flawed team for any number of reasons right now. But nice job pointing fingers, I see you attracted the usual haters
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Sooner or later we're going to have to face reality. Rondo is the flaw in the Celtics' system. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Lin doesn't look better than Rondo.
    He IS BETTER THAN Rondo.
    When was the last time you saw Rondo score 23 or more points in 4 straight games?
    Tonight he essentially beat the Lakers by himself without Melo and Amare.
    And how did Rondo do tonight with big 3 on the floor??

Sections
Shortcuts