Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo

U guys r going to cause Rondo to go into a slump before Danny can trade him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Jeremy Lin is a wonderful human interest story.  I love what this guy is doing.  He's the talk of the town.  Don't know if it will last but since when has an undrafted player made this kind of noise.  He hit the game winning 3 tonight for the Knicks to win, again.  Love it.

As for comparisons to Rondo, who cares! This is another 100 post thread talking about the same old thing on whether Rondo can and should shoot jumpers in the 4th quarter, whether we can win with him or not, etc, etc, etc..  We know he won't shoot jumpers.  Its a good discussion the first time, second time, and the 10th time.  But, when you get to the 1000th time on the same discussion, don't you think its old?   It is what it is.  No one thinks he's a good jump shooter and yes, he's wasted in the end of games and yes, teams have an advantage when he's not aggressively driving, fast breaking, and making good passes at the end of games.  But, that's old news. 

Lin is new news!  Its time to just give Lin some credit for what he's accomplishing without comparing him to Rondo (or John Wall or Ricky Rubio or Eric Bledsoe or Jose Calderone or Brandon Jennings, etc).   Lin is so much of a fun story all by himself!   Do we play the Knicks again this season?   That will be a fun matchup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Lin can do that because he's a good FT shooter and 3pt shooter. You can't make a comeback if you can't shoot.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not sure if your saying Lin is a good 3 pt shooter but if your are you are wrong at this pt.  He is a career .174% shooter from there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Who are you kidding? You have TV or you just have radio for Celtic games? Mario Chalmers was CAMPING at the FT line against the Celtics in the playoffs last year. I mean come on! Rondo was 16 feet away from the basket and he still won't take the shot! Ugh! You beat the Heat with scoring. The Celtics never scored 100 points against the Heat in the playoffs last year. Even when the game went into OT in Game 4 the Celts still could not reach 100 points. We need more scoring from our starting PG!

I am not sure what games you were watching but Chalmers shot a total of 1 free throw the entire series against the Celtics.  I wouldn't consider 1 free throw as camping out at the free throw line. Chalmers also only had one game where he scored more than 3 pts in the entire game. He had 17 in one game which brought his average up in the series to 5 pts per game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : He made 2-2 tonight and 2-4 against the Lakers. If he's not a good 3pt shooter then he's doing a good job pretending that he's a 3pt shooter. On the last play, against the Raptors tonight, Lin asked for an ISO from D'Antoni. The score was tied at 87 all. Then Lin took a few dribbles then pulled up for a 3 and buried it with 00.5 left. When was the last time Rondo did anything like that?

I wasn't talking about Rondo.  I only reported stats which says he is a .174% 3 pt shooter. He may end up being one but at this pt he is not.  Is KG a good 3 pt shooter?  He has hit 2 recently after missing every one he has shot this year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : PFs are not supposed to be good 3pt shooters. If they are then that's a bonus. PGs on the other hand are expected to be good FT shooters and good shooters in general. The ball is in there hands every possession. We can debate about this all we want. But just ask yourself this, why is it that among the 16 playoff teams only the Celts have a PG that is a bad FT shooter, not a threat outside of 15 feet, and no 3-point shot.

I am fully aware of what pt guards are suppose to do, since being one my entire basketball life.  I am not sure what debate your talking about.  You said Chalmers camped out at the free throw line, I showed he didn't,  you were talking about defense. OK.  You said something about Lin being a good 3 pt shooter and I simply pointed out his stats which says he is not.  Again I haven't said a thing about Rondo.  Your the only one talking about him. Fierce please don't try to educate me on basketball.  I have been a fan my entire life and played as long as my knee held up into my mid 40's  so I think I have somewhat of a handle on what goes on with the  game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]And I know the NCAA and the D-League are not the NBA, but Jeremy Lin was a good 3pt shooter when he was playing there.

In case you didn't know the NCAA three pt line is not quite located in the same spot as the NBA.

I am done, you can debate with yourself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : In case you didn't know the NCAA three pt line is not quite located in the same spot as the NBA. I am done, you can debate with yourself.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Lin's 3PT% looks low to me for his very limited NBA career but tonight he certainly stepped right into a trey to win the game... and got nothing but net. The defender was crowding him too.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Lin's 3PT% looks low to me for his very limited NBA career but tonight he certainly stepped right into a trey to win the game... and got nothing but net. The defender was crowding him too. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

He may end up being a good three pt shooter, who knows.  I think he is also a turnover machine from what little I have read about him.  Not sure where guys like him come from.  How could someone that can score like him be on three teams that don't know he can score like that? Did he not practice with those teams? Did a light just go off in his head and he says "I can do this"  Not sure I have ever seen someone just start playing like this all of a sudden.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I can't believe I am still responding to this.  Simply because I said a .174% three point shooter is not that good.

You say he was good in the NCAA and Dleague.  I say college three pt line is shorter so you point out that D league is the same.  Of course I knew that or I would have said that BOTH were shorter than the NBA.  The lines may be the same but the game is different.  There is a WHOLE new level of players in the NBA.  In other words the defense closes much faster on shooters.  Shooters generally are not left open near as ofter either.

Now I will say something about Rondo.  I bet in practice he hits at least 80% from the line.  I saw him  at the all star game competing with Kevin  Durant, and as I remember he made a lot of 3 pt shots in the horse game. Does that make RR a good three pt shooter? Rondo also shot 10-13 from the FT line during the game. So by your deductions Lin hit 2 3 pt shots in one game so he is a good three pt shooter after stinking it up from there the rest of his career. So would also assume Rondo is a good free throw shooter since his last game he hit 10-13

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

well rondo aint taking or making that game-winner tonight.. rr needs lots of closing help, this kid is a one-man wrecking crew, made the last 6  points in key crunch time! linasty is better!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : He may end up being a good three pt shooter, who knows.  I think he is also a turnover machine from what little I have read about him.  Not sure where guys like him come from.  How could someone that can score like him be on three teams that don't know he can score like that? Did he not practice with those teams? Did a light just go off in his head and he says "I can do this"  Not sure I have ever seen someone just start playing like this all of a sudden.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the TOs will moderate as Lin gets better acquainted with the flow of the offense around him... and the game slows down a good bit... and he learns to take what the defense is giving him.

Quite a phenom. I've never seen anything like it either. Based on the past 6 games, the kid is the total package. Hard to believe.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Rondo was never known as a 3pt shooter in college and he never shot above 58% from the FT line in college. In other words, Rondo has been consistent as a bad shooter from college to the NBA.

Again I never said anything about what Rondo did in college in regards to shooting. You do realize there are other parts of the game,  u know , assists,  defense, rebounding, etc?  This is basketball 101.   These basketball fundamenta.ls that players do that that Rondo excels at including setting the pace of the game. As far as bad shooters, Shaq, Wilt, and Howard are all bad in those areas. Yes I know the difference between centers and pgs. csion with usThe point here is he does the same as the other guys, he excels in other areas.
    Time for bed maybe someone else will continue this discussion with you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

A pg can never be elite if he can't shoot. Lin's man can never ignore him. That's why it is easier for his teammates to be open. Knicks are lucky... Poor Celtics ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]34 points against the Lakers and counting...
    Posted by bigegg[/QUOTE]Lin hasn't accomplished much of significance yet. He's been shining on a team (Knicks) that's been challenged for talent. Lin's been playing loose and without pressure because opposing teams haven't scouted him yet. Wait until these teams face him again. Rondo, on the other hand, has already achieved all star status and has been a starter on a championship team. Lin has yet to earn his stars. I'm happy for his success nonetheless. Too bad he isn't playing for the home team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE] The defender was crowding him too. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

What?Surprised Calderon was like 3 feet away from Lin!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo : Lin hasn't accomplished much of significance yet. He's been shining on a team (Knicks) that's been challenged for talent. Lin's been playing loose and without pressure because opposing teams haven't scouted him yet. Wait until these teams face him again. Rondo, on the other hand, has already achieved all star status and has been a starter on a championship team. Lin has yet to earn his stars. I'm happy for his success nonetheless. Too bad he isn't playing for the home team. 
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

+1

Lin assist turnover ratio is really bad

Sections
Shortcuts