JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN

sore knee after having been played about 18 mins a game at the most.  tough news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN

Jermaine "made of glass" O'Neal. Get used to it! LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Injuries can happen. Common it's only our second loss, I am not mad at the team and JO played OK last couple of games.  Ofcourse I hoped to get more out of him but give him some more time. If he won't improve then he won't see too many minutes coming to playoff time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Get used to it. Both O'Neal's are injury prone at this stage in their careers. If Doc over-plays either of them, they won't be around for the playoffs. Management of minutes will be an issue all year long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]If Doc over-plays either of them, they won't be around for the playoffs. Management of minutes will be an issue all year long.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

well, the discouraging part is that doc has gone to great pains to not over play either of them.  i have more faith in shaq being able to scrape it together in the stretch run than jermaine.  i mean come on.  10-15 mins a game so far and he's out 40% of the time in the pre season and now this- all the same knee that must be getting worse all the time a la baron davis.

i figured that if we kept them both at 18 mins a game give or take, there would be little trouble

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JO seems like a real toss of the coin with his health. How many different things have gone wrong already and we're only 10% through the reg season. 

Too bad cause I thought JO started getting in shape and looked like he was on his way to becoming relevant.

With JO a constant health problem & possibly Shaq as well.. not to mention Shaq isnt gonna get major minutes even if he is healthy... looks like Erden will have to step up.

So far, hes doing pretty good. He also makes FT's, which is a luxury for Celtic centers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wasn't JON out for most of preseason? Does this guy know what it means to be on a team like the C's. THis isn't Toronto, Miami or Indiana. This team plays for titles and are in the spotlight. We complain about Sheed but at least SHeed played.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't JON out for most of preseason? Does this guy know what it means to be on a team like the C's. THis isn't Toronto, Miami or Indiana. This team plays for titles and are in the spotlight. We complain about Sheed but at least SHeed played.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Play for titles? Since when? 1 title since 1986. Boston Celtics are irreleveant now. LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I told you it was a dumb signing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't JON out for most of preseason? Does this guy know what it means to be on a team like the C's. THis isn't Toronto, Miami or Indiana. This team plays for titles and are in the spotlight. We complain about Sheed but at least SHeed played.

It is definitely discouraging to see Jermaine miss so many games already.  We can only hope that he is healthier for the remainder of the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I surely hope we'll see sheed again in februari

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jermaine is not a bad signing; Wafer is.  We knew coming into this season that the O'Neals will miss nearly 80 games combined. 

And when Perk comes back healthy, his greatest opponent will be his own anger.  Dwight Howard and Shaquille last season both said that Perk plays them better than any big man in the game. He will be the enforcer again, and will give the O'Neals their needed rest.  BB can fill some of this role, but not all.  He's got the strength and the width, but lacks the height.

In the meantime, this team needs to knock down its open shots to eliminate the need for so many offensive rebounds, which lead to the injuries in the first place. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : WOW - really?  I think we all get the idea of just what kind of "fan" you are, and just what kind of "man"  you are with this post! btw - the man is a 6 time All-Star!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

6 time all star in a conference that got torn a new one most years. Had he been in the west during those years, would he have got in with bigs like Shaq/Duncan/KG etc? Hardly, he's a scrub and the sooner he goes the better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : Well, from the East, Theo Ratliff is a three time shot blocking King.  Guess that makes him a bad signing, too, right kitchen man?

Apples and oranges.......The Lakers are rolling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : 6-2 isn't bad, either. Tell me, how many other year-old posts of mine from another newspaper have you saved? I'm no celebrity, but now I know what one feels like!

There you go, blanketing yourself in adulation, calling yourself a celebrity, when you should be thinking about your utter hypocrisy. Because that is what you are, and your self awarded adulation should really be shame. I am not sure you are capable of that though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : I was joking, stalker!!! Answer my question, you know I had those posts deleted!!  How many of my year old posts from the LA Times have you saved?  That is very sick behavior.  I have not responded to you in days, yet here you come back STALKING me again.  Sorry, man, I'm married..................why not try e-harmony??

There you go again, pouring adulation on yourself. But you shouldn't really, it was a simple search to find your handiwork. It wasn't as if there was a small sample to search for, it was easy to find. Why do you have something you said deleted? Ashamed of your own behavior maybe? It really is bad form to demand people tow a line you don't adhere to yourself. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]JO seems like a real toss of the coin with his health. How many different things have gone wrong already and we're only 10% through the reg season.  Too bad cause I thought JO started getting in shape and looked like he was on his way to becoming relevant. With JO a constant health problem & possibly Shaq as well.. not to mention Shaq isnt gonna get major minutes even if he is healthy... looks like Erden will have to step up. So far, hes doing pretty good. He also makes FT's, which is a luxury for Celtic centers
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I agree with your assessement of Erden.  Although lifetime JON is a 71% FT shooter, Erden seems to have a knack for it.  I'm almost at the stage where I say start Erden and continue to bring BBD off the bench.  Davis is a unique player in that he does very well against the other teams bench.  He brings great energy, his shot has improved, and he takes charges.......he just can't cover the likes of Dirk (too tall).  Anyone know of the O'Neal status for the MIA game?  I heard Shaq might play................that's a relief, but Erden should still get time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Jerlame said 'the team would be better off without me'!

Ain't that the truth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

kobeismrnba can't even come up with his own nicknames when he makes "fun" of our players.

Many of us have stated repeatedly the lakers were better in both 2009 and 2010.  They are even better this year.................not sure what lakers fans actually want us to say or do.  Also unclear why they are allowed to infest this website - YOU WON, get over it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Yeah Laker fans, just because you went back to back...get over it!

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Nobody should be surprised about JON's (or Shaq's) injuries... expect that they will both be sidelined on and off for the rest of the season...towards the middle/end of season they will both be down more often than not.   that is why we are carrying 4 centers on the roster.   When Perk returns, I have no confidence that he will be able to compete at a high level for some time.  Erden is extremely important to this team and we need to get him minutes whenever practical. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Got to blame DA and the medical staff on this one. Feel bad for Doc because it looks like it's going to be another high-maintenance year for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Got to blame DA and the medical staff on this one. Feel bad for Doc because it looks like it's going to be another high-maintenance year for him.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it but its looking just like that.

Well, at least most people expected Shaq & JO to miss a chunk of the season.. lets just hope its not a big chunk.  The way its going, Im not too optimistic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : Hate to say it but its looking just like that. Well, at least most people expected Shaq & JO to miss a chunk of the season.. lets just hope its not a big chunk.  The way its going, Im not too optimistic
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

shak is far less porcelain than JO, at least in the severity of injuries.  shak has had a few nagging issues in the last 5 years but no cataclysmic damage to key joints.  i have more faith he'll be there to battle a bynum that jerlame will be.  after watching jerlame in last year's playoffs shoot the worst i've seen anyone shoot non-blindfolded, i was shocked that we spent 12 million bucks to bring him to green.  why 2 years?  arguably a worse move than sheed's 3 year deal that became an untradable cap albatross that we had to buy out to get rid of him.  shak at 1 or 2 million for 2 years is beautiful, 2 years of jerlame @ MLE money is insane

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JerLAME O'Neal out with injury AGAIN : Great comeback, kobeismrnba!! Awesome, yes amazing how a Celtics forum is filled with Celtics fans!  SHE, however, knows more about the lakers than you do, but then again, so do I!!

Good for you, btw you did realize the Lakers won their last game after only being up by 5pts at the half?! I think you mentioned 'shame' that it was only 5. Tell me, how did that shame work out for the Lakers? They must be cringing at being 8-0.

Yeah you know a lot about basketball......muahahahahaha!

Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts