Jermaine looks like another player since surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jermaine looks like another player since surgery

JON has in four games looked better than he did anytime this year and last year.  He is very active around the basket defensively and offensively and his shooting is much improved.

This guy may really do something for us in the playoffs.  Let's hope he stays healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery

really hope he stays healthy..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

JON  is the key to the season now into the playoffs at center.  Shaq is going to be minimal help at best.  Kristic actually looked good off the bench, that might be a the mix for the rest of the year.  The C's are going to have to mix all 3 the best they can to win playoff games.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I been pulling for this guy all year. He worked hard to come back. He is even starting to show the little things crafty vets do. He feels good you can tell he is having fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If the knee doesn't swell
    All will be well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I reiterate

Combined stats tonite for JO & Kristic

31 minutes
    17 pts (8-11)
    9 boards
    1 blocked shot

Makes a difference!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tom Penny,
    Shaq will contribute bigger than them all by the time we are through.  This story looks like it will have a good ending by playoff time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery:
    [QUOTE]It all comes down to health. He's twice the post defender Baby is. It's sad sometimes seeing bigs with offensive skills take it to Baby.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    He`s way taller than Baby.JO is 6`11, BABY AROUND 6`7. Jermaine, when healthy, is an outstanding post defender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

concord, he was a pretty good 13.6p 7r 1.4 block guy last year in Miami. This year, I agree he has looked far more solid since the return from injury.

If we have a Jermaine O'Neal who can play 16-18 minutes, give us 6-8 points, 5-6 rebounds and 1-2 blocks with the type of interior D we expected from Perk... then we will be fine.

Baby and KG can each get 8 mins at the 5.

Then we just need 16 mins out of Kristic, and Doc has to find a way to get him those mins in the flow of the game where we'll be needing offense and going up and down the court. Then he gets us 7-9 points and 3-4 rebounds.

32 mins from JON/Kristic w/ 15 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks would be all we need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

JO looked good tonight, fluid movements, good defense, and solid finishing.

Don't kid yourselves, we will need Shaq, and JO against the Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : I'll worry about that when he's on the floor. If JO is healthy I see good things on defense. Offense is just a bonus. Without Shaq they won't win it all so they need to do whatever they have to in order to get him on the the court when it counts the most. I don't even care if it's not until the 2nd round.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Especially if our first opponent is Philly!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Jermaine looks like another player since surgery:
    [QUOTE]JON has in four games looked better than he did anytime this year and last year.  He is very active around the basket defensively and offensively and his shooting is much improved. This guy may really do something for us in the playoffs.  Let's hope he stays healthy.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Good to have him back and most important healthy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yes, he does look like a totally different player - the one he always promised to be!  You can tell he's having fun out there and that he's happy to be where he is right now.  I've been impressed with him every game since he came back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He came into training camp over weight and out of shape. He was constantly in and out of the line up. He finally decided to get surgery and afterwards on a diet and a strict training program. He's comeback in good shape and is playing like the Jermaine O'neal from years past. Maybe not as good as he was during his allstar years with the Pacers, but he's now playing well. It just goes to show ya what talented players can do when they get down to business.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

thankgod he looks good i can't take it no more with Kristic he kill us on d

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : He`s way taller than Baby.JO is 6`11, BABY AROUND 6`7. Jermaine, when healthy, is an outstanding post defender.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

-----
    baby is 6-9

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

We have Tim Grover to thank for JON's successful rehab. Grover is also responsible for helping Tracy McGrady revive his career after major knee surgery. We can expect JON's offense and rebounding to further improve as he develops more strength and stamina.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : ----- baby is 6-9
    Posted by oreed[/QUOTE]Jeff Green is a legitimate 6"9. He is noticeably taller than BBD when they stand beside one another. I read somewhere that BBD is a shade below 6"8 on his bare feet and is approximately an inch taller with his playing shoes on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I was one who thought Jermaine was done for the year. He always had the skills as long as he was healthy. I am glad I was wrong about him being cooked this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I believe Jermaine will be germaine to the task of acquiring # 18!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : Jeff Green is a legitimate 6"9. He is noticeably taller than BBD when they stand beside one another. I read somewhere that BBD is a shade below 6"8 on his bare feet and is approximately an inch taller with his playing shoes on.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Also, Baby has stubby arms and  JON is loooooooong armed, almost looks cartoonish...or you can just time your jump like Delonte does. Baby uses his mass and strength very well against certain bigs to try to keep them off the block, but the real crafty ones (like Duncan) eat him up; it's just the height and length advantage.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JON has surprised me... I must admit. I had him written off for the season.

His stats arent all that impressive but when I watch him during a game his mobility and quickness is noticably better.  Hes getting in opponents way in the lane, changing shots and angles.  Even had a few buckets last night.

Just as important, hes hustling... 

Sections
Shortcuts