JERMAINE O'NEAL.... another THRIVING ex-CELT! Totally dominated last night....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: JERMAINE O'NEAL.... another THRIVING ex-CELT! Totally dominated last night....

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

WATCHED THE GAME LAST NIGHT ON NBA TV, COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES.. HE WAS dominant! AT ONE POINT, THEY HAD GORTAT ON THE BENCH FOR A VERY long stretch. JO totally outplayed marcin. was the reason suns won! the phoenix announcers kept talking in awe of what a great player he has been and has been far greater than any one imagined. from monster blocks, to in traffic rebounds, to serious jams he did it all.. got to the point where the balzers did not want to come any where near the rim or anywhere JO was.. could we use a guy like that? sometimes doc is beyond stubborn.. jo wanted to touch the ball more in the post.. he's certainly making a case that perhaps that should have been considered as we did with saq. the man clearly has not lost all his skills.. he's healthy for sure! has played in all 20 games, at 17 minutes per game, average 5 boards, 2 blocks, 8 points, 80% from foul line, and a very efficient 53% from the field! last night, he had 13 points, got to the line 7 times, had 3 OFFENSIVE boards out of his 5 rebounds, JO was the BEST player on the court.. period!

No he wasn't I saw that game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: JERMAINE O'NEAL.... another THRIVING ex-CELT! Totally dominated last night....

He never played here, he was hurt  - this post only makes me think he was faking it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lets not blame Doc for not knowing what hes doing..

Hes a  HOF coach and perhaps greatest coach in history of nba... Players say that like playing for him.  Obviously someone else messed up with JON and all the others. If only Doc could have quality people around him to match his genius...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Lets not blame Doc for not knowing what hes doing..

Hes a  HOF coach and perhaps greatest coach in history of nba... Players say that like playing for him.  Obviously someone else messed up with JON and all the others. If only Doc could have quality people around him to match his genius...

You really wish JON was here now c'mon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

JON was given every opportunity in the world here.  He never played, and was bad in the clubhouse...........I fail to see how that is Doc or Danny's fault!

Didn't he asked to be released?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He said he was too hurt to play in Boston and then asked for a buyout so he could go play with the Heat.

Glad he is doing well this year but it wasn't anyone's fault but his that he stunk it up in Boston.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I hear you.  Still not cool to quit on your team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

WATCHED THE GAME LAST NIGHT ON NBA TV, COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES.. HE WAS dominant! AT ONE POINT, THEY HAD GORTAT ON THE BENCH FOR A VERY long stretch. JO totally outplayed marcin. was the reason suns won! the phoenix announcers kept talking in awe of what a great player he has been and has been far greater than any one imagined. from monster blocks, to in traffic rebounds, to serious jams he did it all.. got to the point where the balzers did not want to come any where near the rim or anywhere JO was.. could we use a guy like that? sometimes doc is beyond stubborn.. jo wanted to touch the ball more in the post.. he's certainly making a case that perhaps that should have been considered as we did with saq. the man clearly has not lost all his skills.. he's healthy for sure! has played in all 20 games, at 17 minutes per game, average 5 boards, 2 blocks, 8 points, 80% from foul line, and a very efficient 53% from the field! last night, he had 13 points, got to the line 7 times, had 3 OFFENSIVE boards out of his 5 rebounds, JO was the BEST player on the court.. period!

JON is not missed by C's as he was either injured and not playing, or he was looking lost on court. Sometimes players and teams do not mix, and that was the case with JON and the Celtics. Wish him well, just do not want him in Boston. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Surrounded by younger players, he can likely add some help in a few games when he's healthy.

BUT, we are/were already old, he was injured, and he therefore did not deliver.  How in the world can that be on Doc?   JON played horrible and missed as many games as he played while he was here.   I was excited to have him but he was a complete waste with his injuries so no, I wouldn't want him here this year!!!  We're old enough as it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

So Commie your argument is that JON is not a grown man at this point in his career but a child who should have been coddled by Doc? C'mon man!

JON was injured most of the time he was here and the rest of the time he was useless. I do criticize Doc sometimes for not getting rookies involved (Moore for example) but just because JON has had a few good games doesn't change anything. If anything he owes the Celtics and our fans some money back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He said he was too hurt to play in Boston and then asked for a buyout so he could go play with the Heat.

Glad he is doing well this year but it wasn't anyone's fault but his that he stunk it up in Boston.

JON DID HE AN INTERVIEW WHERE HE SPELLED IT OUT.. he didnt like the attitude in which he was used.. he got frustrated with doc insistence that he be a one-dimensional player. felt he still had a very good offensive game but was being asked to be a jambroni rebounder-defender type. he said it took all his love and will away, lost his motivation in bawston.. clearly he wanted out, but its a 2way street. he made it clear this off-season he wanted to showcase his skills.. he was clearly right for he's looked like the old jo be it in limited minutes. was he hurt? yes... did he milk it a bit? yes.. y would anyone rush back when they are not respected .. has to look long term.. same thing happened to ray (albeit he was more professional).... both are gone and shining elsewhere when both their skills could have been used here.. keep going, there's e'twain moore (been better than terry, was ready to step up).. nate robinson anyone? he's been keeping chitown in the playoff race.  even with the stiff steam.. doing nothing in minny but we could use him as well... doc talks more liberally than he actually is! he gets locked in on who a playa is and what his theories are and refuse to back down.. can see how he's a bit 2-faced or at least perceived that way by certain playas (like RAY).. UBUNTU, MY AZZZZ!

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Jermaine O'Neal's attitude clearly shows that he is not a team player. Celtics don't need him and his bad attitude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am not sure how many "thriving ex-Celts" there are out there, but this O'Neal had not a clue when he was in Boston.  Good for him that he is healthy and playing well, but I am glad that he is and ex-Celt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

JERMAINE O'NEAL- he's also yet ANOTHER in the never-to-be-underestimated CROWD OF PLAYERS who, under the tutelage of BLOCK HEAD DOC RIBBERS, stated the following: "I'm not comfortable with my role with the team"

They wanted jermaine, 3 legged horse that he was, not basically be uninvolved in the offense- confusing to a player who had previously been a competent offensive player and who had SOMETHING (if not terribly much) left to give.

O'Neal stated that they never even ran anything for him in practice, so it was hard not to fall OUT of practice given that and thus he was not as ready for in game situations when the ball did happen to come his way.

Basketball is all about habits, grooves, practicing and if you don't use it, you do lose (some of) it.  CONGRATS DOC!!

So we have:

1) JerLame O'Neal

2) Glen Davis

3) Brandon Bass

AND I KNOW THERE ARE OTHERS out there who have come out and EXPLICITLY STATED that "I didn't know" or "I didn't feel comfortable with my role on the team" during DOC RIVERS' ineptocracy as coach of the celtics.

I think it's pretty fair to add #4) tony allen- was BEFUDDLED that his role was so insignifcant in doc's / management's eyes that they just let him walk away the way they did.....

5) DARKO MILICIC- had consistent role in the pre-season then was SAT ON THE BENCH TO DEATH come the start of the season so KG could get over-tired by the 20th game

who's got #6-10??  you know the names are out there- i pooped out at 3 and there's another two that just popped into mind...  there's got to be more

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Doc will be the Celtic head coach until 2015. 

I hope no one here will be crazy enough to grab an AR-15 and go on a shooting spree because he's so frustrated with Doc.

so you think the accumulated littany of players who have cited confusion about their role while in celtic green and have done better before and/or after they were here is a good thing fierce?  are you doc's twin step brother in law or what?

a 5 yr extension is not royalty in the nba.  don't think doc wouldn't take a buyout.  don't think it's totally out of the question the way this team is playing right now.  doc is guzzling one of the hugest coach paychecks in the league- to deliver what stands to be about .440 winning percentage ball by the time the season's over?

now remember- this is KG at his best right now.  he's getting more tired all the time, mentally and physically being the only one on the team to play the 5.  bass has already checked out and gone home- doc has told him he's a jump shooter and can't go post up.  how many GOOD 4's do you know like that???  isn't that why davis was run out of town?  doc and rondo put davis out there getting the ball low in the shot clock on the perimeter as a floor spreader and he had other talents too. 

bass is NOT pretty to watch in the post but he can draw fouls.  and that's what any struggling player needs to do- draw fouls and get on the free throw line and get some POSITIVE THINGS GOING- made free throws.  bass' FTA per min have never been lower in years if ever.

but doc will be here until whenever you say.  i say doc has to go to the powder room and get his head straight because he is F-ING this team up royally- we should not be great, but there is NO WAY we should be THIS BAD

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I am not sure how many "thriving ex-Celts" there are out there, but this O'Neal had not a clue when he was in Boston.  Good for him that he is healthy and playing well, but I am glad that he is and ex-Celt.

maybe you didn't read the boston.com article that had o'neal's quotes in it from this last fall.  not a bitter article, but the man felt like he needed to clear his name in a sort of way.  rivers and co. ran nothing for o'neal in practice.  what you saw in games was rusty o'neal.  who wouldn't have been. 

give him a ham sandwich of a look here and there in practice and he could have helped out more than he did.  unless you've played basketball a fair amount with a fair level of competency, you probably don't understand the significance of being just a practice dummy and then you're throw in there in a game and expected, or not, to do something.

scrimmage is as close to "in game" practice as you get.  if you're ignored during that and the ball does come your way in the game, you're NOT going to do as well as you could, or should.  so part of it was not o'neal's fault that he looked lost on offense.  he was a decent defensive player for us.  just not durable.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Doc will be the Celtic head coach until 2015. 

I hope no one here will be crazy enough to grab an AR-15 and go on a shooting spree because he's so frustrated with Doc.

fierce you are a real piece of trash for saying that.  you show your lack of class, your lack of maturity and your low IQ.  why don't you take a break from dominating this board with "told ya so" know it all BLATHER and go think things over.  try to get out of your parents' basement now and then.

honestly- you make rosey ruiz look like a winner

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

No matter how many words and paragraphs you're going to make, acie, Doc is here to stay. 

The earliest Doc leaves is 2015.

I don't agree with everything Doc does. But there's no coach out there better for the Celtics than Doc Rivers.

If you think you can do better then tell us, acie, who would you replace Doc with?

i would never have hired him to a new contract.  i would have given thibodeau the job like anyone who is not a MORON would have.  we hung our hat on defense and now our defense is swiss cheese.

i am not going to analyze available coaches for your amusement and then your picking apart the list.  i don't have time tonight to go through who got fired and is taking a break. 

but i'll tell you this firstly:  and obviously your knowledge of basketball is fairly myopic and shallow- you continually focus on posturing yourself, "i told ya so's" and "this will never happen" and "that should happen's" and all sorts of scenarios where you don't end up turning out right either in theory or practice but you never will admit it.  i will admit that i'm wrong.  it's part of being a man. 

and what your'e wrong about here is that the celtics as an organization should settle for and be resigned to the fact that rivers is a commodity worth having on this team for until his contract has ended naturally.  EVERY SINGLE coach has an expiration date that given the stars on the team being constant, they are no longer "heard".  rivers is BEYOND that point in usual number of years.  the only gurus around who lasted forever were jerry sloan and phil jackson.  there are FEW of them.  doc is not one.  he is not an inexpendable legend.

secondly: it does not matter "WHO" you pick so much as you get rid of this man and do it rapidly.  bass is on a trajectory to be completely untradeable and the last time i looked at the standings we were out of the playoffs.  so why are we married to doc rivers with these results based on this $$$$ and the NOT insignificant talent, albeit some poor decisions and old guys, but we are NOWHERE NEAR THIS BAD as our record and apathy on the floor shows.  so do the deed and bring in an interim coach.  he could be called howdy doody and be in full clown make up and honk a horn instead of talking to the players and you would see their interest in the game pick up.

courtney lee is NOT THIS BAD

brandon bass is NOT THIS BAD

jeff green USED TO BE A SOMEWHAT EXCITING PLAYER

KG is ALREADY SHOWING SIGNS OF BEING WORN OUT

rajon rondo is STILL AVERAGING DARN NEAR FORTY MINS A NIGHT, and by and large our style of play is TOO MUCH RONDO POUNDING THE ROCK- we need something new- it's predictable and our old's and surrounding cast are no longer talented enough to pull a rabbit out of the hat inside of 5 seconds on the 24 clock

need i go on?  these are not acceptable conditions.  by now you have to have a wily highest paid coach in the league who gets lesser talent to OVERACHIEVE and not curl up in a ball and die- which by the way is what KG will be doing around the 60 game mark, if things continue like this.

think about it.  then think about the stupidity of your certainty that doc rivers "will be here".  answer me this- WHY should he be here one more minute?  what's good about this season?  other than sporadic individual performances.  pierce had 40 against the cavs.  rip eric fernsten, in real time, at age 65, out of the lazy boy chair and i bet he gets 10 and 8 against the cavs with no varejo.

in case you didn't notice it, we don't have much going on that is trending positive.  so explain to us why "doc is your man" with such conviction and absolution for all of his sins of stupidity and failure to integrate and develop outside talent into our system?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Low IQ?

Who keeps complaining about Doc when everyone here knows Doc will not be leaving any time soon!

If you had a high IQ then you would have known that no matter how big of a crybaby you are here, Doc will still be the coach of the Boston Celtics. 

It's simple, acie, we already know you're bitter about losing BBD and that you don't like Doc. But it doesn't help if you keep complaining and whining every single day!

And you want to talk about class?

Let's start by changing that picture of yours because that's the perfect example of what is NOT class!

yes, low IQ and low class- cracking jokes about mass shooting sprees at this point in time.

i guess since i moved away from boston a few years ago the press is really behaving itself more than ever.  group think.  i always wondered why things never got "said" in the papers ever since pitino showed up and crapped up the place.

if you are an independent thinker, then evaluate and tell me what doc rivers is doing a good job at right now.  that's all.  jeff green, courtney lee, jason terry, brandon bass are all playing below their levels of skill in functionality for this team.  we had a darko who looked functional in the pre-season and was just iced on the bench until he quit in the regular season- we had so much talent at the 5 on this roster that we could really see how that made sense over here in reality.

i don't care about glen davis and doc rivers the people.  i care about functionality and winning.  davis delivered us positive results in a winning system.  we have not been the same since they got rid of him, no matter how much you want to pretend bass was a great player for us last year.  the FAILURE at hand is the ongoing failure, 2nd year of it now, for danny to bring in someone to mop minutes at the 5 who is good at it.  the solution was just so haphazard it was disgusting- like tricks cheapo used car salesman pull and try to make sound good- "let's make KG the 5!!!"

well it's not working out so good.  sure he can do some spot 5.  but not 30 minutes a night.  dumb dumb dumb idea.  i don't just dislike the functionality of doc rivers the man but danny ainge the GM is failing us hardcore.  if you want to get rid of davis then that's fine.  just bring in pieces that WORK in his stead.  NOT DONE.  by now we should have a backup point guard for rondo.  but we let dooling go- veteran minimum is just too much and the keys are not being handed to terry very much now are they.

so these individuals matter not to me.  it's what they mean to the team and our W-L.  i am happy for davis that he is still improving.  i am shocked and saddened to see bass going down the drain.  i am disheartened to watch jeff green in green this year.  i don't understand why courtney lee doesn't fit and work well.  jason terry is way off, and he may start coming around but i never would have thought he would have gotten this far off.

a couple or a few isolated rotten things are one thing, but everything coming up rotten, fierce, and you don't need a lot of fish oil caplets to crack the safe combination on this.....  most teams are able to conclude that their coach is a 3 dollar bill, and make an appropriate decision.  if i was ownership, and i wasn't just a jock sniffing bozo, i would also be able to see that ainge's time has come and gone.

it's just that simple.  it's not being bitter about people it's about being bitter about lack of ability to flat out replace functionality between bodies and talent and roles and then the talent that is brought in that should "work" is turning up in a funk everywhere you look.  doc rivers did not develop anything that the celtics have right now.  not one player.  avery bradley would still be bench bait if ray allen didn't get hurt, same for glen davis, and so on and so forth.  what kind of a coach takes an athletic, albeit unconventional and not graceful, yet could be effective #4 like bass and tell him he can't post up any more?  these are things that doc rivers does. 

he needs to be relieved of his duties so real celtics fans who know what they are looking at can be relieved of their misery.  this is yet another season, not as much as last year, but always to be considered: one or two injuries can completely change the playoffs landscape and a team like us, if functioning well, could get it done. 

instead we are mailing it in. and failing where failure should not be found- effort, heart, hustle, integration of new players.

Sections
Shortcuts