Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite.

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite. : Well lets review. Shaq is the oldest player in the league, has lost most of his explosiveness, and will probably get nicked and miss some games. Jermaine is a shell of his former self, and will probably be dragging some part of his body around with him, when he isn't sidelined. Perkins is coming off reconstructive knee surgery that will probably take him two years to become himself again, like everyone everyone else who has their knee reconstructed.  Call me a cynic, but I will take my chances with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom, the best front court in the game.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, quit being Nostradumbus! Dont know what you are smoking, but Shaq looked really good last night. He was able to run the floor and had some nice dunks! He does not need to be he old self with this team, he knows his roll and is willing to do whatever he has to. I can say he is one of the reason Rondo had 17 assists last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite. : -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dude, quit being Nostradumbus! Dont know what you are smoking, but Shaq looked really good last night. He was able to run the floor and had some nice dunks! He does not need to be he old self with this team, he knows his roll and is willing to do whatever he has to. I can say he is one of the reason Rondo had 17 assists last night.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

You played a team last night that has not one single player that has a post game. Bosh is is a tall shooting guard, with no post game, and their center position is a who's who of worthless scrubs. The Heat was so disorganized, I am not sure if they could even perform well enough to execute a pick and roll.

Wake me when fat shaq has to play against a real front court. I have said it before, and I will say it again. The combination of a healthy Perkins, and Rasheed Wallace(the playoff version) is going to prove to be superior to Shaq and JON. The worst I can be is wrong, but from what I have seen so far, that doesn't appear to be the case. But as they say, it is far too early to really tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

While Bynum, Odom and Gasol MAY be the best frontcourt in the game today, a couple of restrictions must be added.
    1.  Right now, it's Artest, Odom and Gasol - not nearly as good
    2.  When Bynum returns, it's Artest, Gasol and Bynum - not nearly as good
    3.  Bynum, Odom and Gasol don't play together enough to be in the same class as Bird, Parish and McHale.

Let's not forget, Ron Artest plays about 32-35 mins per game, and now they have Barnes.  Not a lot of time left for Odom at the 3!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]While Bynum, Odom and Gasol MAY be the best frontcourt in the game today, a couple of restrictions must be added. 1.  Right now, it's Artest, Odom and Gasol - not nearly as good 2.  When Bynum returns, it's Artest, Gasol and Bynum - not nearly as good 3.  Bynum, Odom and Gasol don't play together enough to be in the same class as Bird, Parish and McHale. Let's not forget, Ron Artest plays about 32-35 mins per game, and now they have Barnes.  Not a lot of time left for Odom at the 3!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

That is not what I meant by Bynum, Gasol, Odom. I wasn't talking about a particular line-up on the floor. I am talking about the various line-ups they can be positioned in. First, Odom, rarely plays at the 3. 

Bynum-Gasol

Gasol-Odom

Bynum-Odom

That kind of versatility and length is unrivaled at the 4-5 in the NBA right now. At the three the Lakers can go Artest, Barnes, Kobe, Ebanks, and Walton. That is quite an array of depth at the critical wing spot. This gives the Lakers the ability to play and win at any tempo necessary. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite. : The Lakers front line of Odom, Bynum, and Gasol is the best front court in basketball. Ratliff is third string.

Call me a cynic, but this says otherwise!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Two games now Petey............Jermaines line tonite 12:22. Two pts. Two rebounds and six fouls. Two games 25:06 minites. 3 pts and 4 rebounds.

I never thought I'd say this but the Celtics miss Kendrick quite a bit. He's better than either O'Neal. More disruptive. More active. More energy and flat out better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite. : Call me a cynic, but this says otherwise!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I think I explained myself well enough, but, by all means, feel free to interpret my thoughts any way you like. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]              Two games now Petey............Jermaines line tonite 12:22. Two pts. Two rebounds and six fouls. Two games 25:06 minites. 3 pts and 4 rebounds.                I never thought I'd say this but the Celtics miss Kendrick quite a bit. He's better than either O'Neal. More disruptive. More active. More energy and flat out better.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

I have watched enough of Shaq to recognize his act. He is a notoriously slow starter. He is heavy and sluggish right now, but he will get better after about 20-25 games. He was such a force when he was in his prime years, he got away with it better than he does now. For whatever reason he just takes his sweet time getting into full basketball shape. He has always been kind of lazy like that, and for the life of me, I don't know why. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looked good tonite. : I think I explained myself well enough, but, by all means, feel free to interpret my thoughts any way you like. 

You explained it fine.  When you wrote it, however, it was very misleading.  You did not write what you wanted to, it happens to all of us.  It was a mistake on your part, that's all.  Show's you're human.

Thanks for the link, I watched that atrocity of a game on my computer.  My daughter wanted to know why I was yelling at it!!

Sections
Shortcuts