Jermaine O'neal out 2-3 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jermaine O'neal out 2-3 weeks

Good news is Erden will get to play more. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Speedy recovery Jermaine, you will be missed

Semih Erden:  You are here for this reason.  Play your role.  6 boards, 4 points, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 6 fouls.  Glen Davis will take care of the rest.

Time to play NBA ball Semih.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

is this a golden opportunity to solidify the center position by checking in with what dampier might be thinking?  he has to be paying attention to the celtics' early success and how veterans are not expected to carry the load all by themselves.

i am a perkins fan, but his injury might not let him come back in january or early february (i hope i am wrong) like he wants to.  it might really take him till 2011-12 to be fully ready for NBA action.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Perk will be back in Jan..just not 100% but Dampier seems to look more and more likely. I miss Lasme though. He's a hustler!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It's an 82 game preseason.  We might be locked into a Shaq/Baby/Erden rotation for the forseeable future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'neal out 2-3 weeks:
    [QUOTE]It's an 82 game preseason.  We might be locked into a Shaq/Baby/Erden rotation for the forseeable future.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Yup. Whats wrong with that rotation?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

a try on tiny gallon anyone??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

gallon might be worth a look for the future, but dampier is already a proven pro center with lots of experience who could likely help much sooner than a young guy like gallon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Jermaine O'neal out 2-3 weeks:
    [QUOTE]Per ESPN, Jermaine is going to be out at least 2 to3 weeks due to knee swelling. No diagnosis other than swelling has been released to the press to my knowledge. O'neal has had the Celtics medical team check out his knee as well as some other medical team in Miami. He now wants more evaluations.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

he's also terribly.... out-of-shape.....

C'S need to seriously consider...EARL BARON...

J'ONEAL  is not going to be healthy until SPRING AT BEST...

SHAQ cannot hold up with big minutes....

THE TURK... is raw but game....

C's have a monster problem on their hands....

JASON THOMPSON is also available from KINGS....

damn...how did we get into this mess.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

The only way to free up salary space is to have KG work on a new contract. Tim Duncan did it years ago. Guess KG won't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]didn't like the JO signing and hate it even more now.  he has broken down year after year for the past few years and we're not even mid season yet and he is breaking down.  he was horrible in the playoffs last year and seems to get in foul trouble a lot.  never liked it and never will
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

There were only a few Centers available in the free-agent market back in July. JO was one of the better Centers that the Celtics could afford. 

Would you rather the Celtics got Theo Ratliff instead?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Write JON off for this season, thats how I look at it.  The Celtics have a history of reporting injuries as less serious than they really are. I dont believe a word they say.

Erden has a shot to step up and hopefully Shaq can stay healthy. Maybe Luke gets some action but prob not, he cant fill in at center... TO obad Erdens has a bum shoulder. This injury stuff is really huanting the C's past couple years

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If JON can play 55-60 games this year and provide some meaningful minutes off the bench come playoff time, then he was worth the MLE. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What does "re-work" your contract mean?  I am not sure this is a common ocurrence in the NBA.  To me it means adding years at lesser AAV, which I doubt the team or KG wants to do.  The NFL?  This happens all the time.  The NBA?  Never heard of it being done.  Pierce did it, but he had an opt out.  KG's contract is valid through next year with no opt out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Guys the good thing is... some rest he could definitly use. At some certain point he'll be back and stronger then he is now...it's better then walking around in pain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Guys the good thing is... some rest he could definitly use. At some certain point he'll be back and stronger then he is now...it's better then walking around in pain.
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's not like JO is Theo Ratliff. Laughing

The Celtics still have Shaq and Semih, so it's really not a big deal if JO can't go for a few weeks. It would only be a concern if the Celtics have Derrick Caracter instead of Semih Erden. Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Let's hope Shaq can hold up for 2 weeks. Then he can take his 2 weeks off when JON comes back. :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope Shaq can hold up for 2 weeks. Then he can take his 2 weeks off when JON comes back. :-)
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

LMAO, good one!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]a try on tiny gallon anyone??
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

not ready for prime time.  he's twice as fat as glen davis was as a rookie.

another horrible vocational decision by a one year NCAA player.

in time, he might be the next perkins, or something like that, but nothing this year.