JERMAINE O'NEAL was totally UNSTOPPABLE vs the SPURS! Best playa on the court!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: JERMAINE O'NEAL was totally UNSTOPPABLE vs the SPURS! Best playa on the court!

All that proves is that he plays well under no pressure ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: JERMAINE O'NEAL was totally UNSTOPPABLE vs the SPURS! Best playa on the court!

Where was he when we played them...???Nothing but air balls...and no Kg...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

His performance against the Spurs really is just an exceptional game by him.  If he had been contributing on a regular basis he probably would have been traded to a contender.  Most teams could use another big man.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought JO gave it try in Boston but threw in the towel..lots of minor injuries perhaps made bigger for his  dislike of Doc and his treatment. I think he even went public on that somewhere..

Doesnt surprise me we see players, even older ones, performing better away from Doc.

Even some of the bigs that did well in Boston, like BBD, did so due to injuries that forced DOc to play them... All of a sudden we saw the guy had game and deserved much more PT than Doc was giving..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I could not wait to get rid of him when he was here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I thought JO gave it try in Boston but threw in the towel..lots of minor injuries perhaps made bigger for his  dislike of Doc and his treatment. I think he even went public on that somewhere..

Doesnt surprise me we see players, even older ones, performing better away from Doc.

Even some of the bigs that did well in Boston, like BBD, did so due to injuries that forced DOc to play them... All of a sudden we saw the guy had game and deserved much more PT than Doc was giving..

This is sort of true....JO was injured with the Cs and now he is healthy... also Doc misused him by never making him an offensive option when he has game... obviously not what he used to be but I dont think Doc treated him well..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

How many of you guys, when JO played with us, were asking for him to get more shots...I know I wasn't.  Nor do I think he would have any reason to believe he was here for any reason other than to play D and get boards.  It's not like he was getting up a bunch of shots with miami and that was even before lebron.

Now JO is healthy and I would love to pick him up, but that bridge is burned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Where was he when we played them...???Nothing but air balls...and no Kg...

that's a good question- where WAS he?

here's where he was- disenchanted because of doc rivers.  DOC BLITHERS called for o'neal to get ZERO touches on the offensive end in scrimmage- that's not my guessing or conjecture but the truth.  so you have a guy who averaged 15 and 8 for a career, who is YES getting old but NO, not a "zero" on the offensive end of the court, whose team coach decided that he was going to play ZERO OFFENSE for us. 

you'd have had to have played ball before to know what being iced out of ALL plays, no matter how small the quantity, being run for you in scrimmage- THAT IS YOUR PRACTICE FOR IN GAME SITUATIONS.  people like eric fernsten, greg kite did not get any scrimmage plays run for them on offense because they absolutely stunk.  jermaine o'neal is not a fernsten-esque player.

he had a lot more to give us than what we saw.  he played solid defense for us and rebounded the ball okay, and then A LOT OF AIRBALLS AND UGLY SHOTS because the in-game preparation for him was SURGICALLY REMOVED BY THE IDIOT KNOWN AS DOC RIVERS.

there is no reason for doing that unless you are an extremely incompetent coach.  i gaurantee you that PHO did not tell o'neal, "go out there and be a practice dummy for scrimmages and we won't run plays for you, but when you're in an actual game you better hit that 6 foot baseline shot".

the baseline short J's that o'neal frequently airmailed for us are the toughest shot in the game and you do not under any circumstances tell a player they are not a part of the team for ANY PART of the scrimmage.  that's what the C's told o'neal and they got what they deserved on the offensive end.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

if you don't believe me then read the article from this last fall about o'neal stating that rivers told him he had no offensive role on the team, to the extent that o'neal would get zero scrimmage touches on offense.

that means that o'neal had to keep up his own in game offensive skills totally on his own.  you don't do that by shooting in an empty gym.  was he supposed to hire 9 other guys to scrimmage with him so he could stay competent on offense and scrimmage with them outside of the celts practices?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and that article is on boston.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Very true acie...  thats a microcosm of the macro ROndo problem... everyone but a select few were involved with the offense. Take any sport and if youre not practicing and performing  in game situations, your game fades... not to mention the mental anquish this puts a player through..

Sure, you have your go-to guys always... but a competent coach (sorry but I do have more coaching experience than Doc, much more now that I think about it) knows everyone needs to be involved to get the best from them.... see MJ/Bulls for openers

There was a debate here not long ago about Bass getting a few posts ups a game... In a pure sense, nobody would want that cause hes a shivering mess with the ball in his hands.. but ya know what... he needs to get his touches, even if itsjust a few... makes him feel part of it, maybe gets a rythym going and boosts himself mentally...

Ya know, never giving a guy the ball tells him something in his noggin... the message is youre not good enough.. you think that helps his game .. not surprised JO is doing better than when under Docs incompetence

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

There was a debate here not long ago about Bass getting a few posts ups a game... In a pure sense, nobody would want that cause hes a shivering mess with the ball in his hands.. but ya know what... he needs to get his touches, even if itsjust a few... makes him feel part of it, maybe gets a rythym going and boosts himself mentally...

i do believe that I WAS THE ONLY ONE who brought up that IDIOTIC MOVE regarding bass being BANNED FROM THE POST by rivers- IN DEFENSE OF BRANDON BASS- a player who i do not like and do not believe was an adequate replacement FROM DAY ONE- not a bandwagon jumper- for glen davis.

but i call them fair and even- bass deserved for someone on this feckless board to say the truth.  RIVERS DID TELL HIM "you're not good enough" and with an advanced stat of .8 points per post up sequence that bass was involved in, that is NOT a horrible stat.  it's not a bad stat.  it's middle of the road PLUS. 

but because rivers has no idea what he's doing, JUST like he did with JERMAINE O'NEAL, he came out with ANOTHER draconian "THOU SHALT NOT" and the celtics TEAM has gotten what it deserves out of brandon bass for sending him such a horrendous message.  never mind the fact that this team is DEVOID of any post up talent!!!  KG is too old to grind it out in the post, although is playing better there with age than i thought he would.  but it's not like we had an abundance of post talent and bass was EDGED OUT of the "touch" rotation down there!!!!  not even close

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

if Commy was still with us, he would say +1111 Comrade! spot on analysis which is y i posted. JO was treated like another jabroni by Doc. y didnt he pull that crapp with Shaq? hey just go and get boards. JO could have done a lot of the same things shaq did in terms of touches and running the offense. plus he has more range. even if he misses or shots at 44% rather than his old 54%, just being a threat is sometimes enough to loosen things up for others and get a guy like JO more into the flow like DH now in LA. these are humans. i dont think JO just suddenly found his offense overnight, its always been there. been sharpened in Phoenix thus we saw the outburst. even if he stinks his next 3 games, he will get respect and other guys will get freerer lanes going forward.

overall, i like doc, would never call him a blither but he blundered this to the point that JO simply hated coming to work. like being hazedeveryday. not talking 10 plays, but run a few for the man. same with jeff green. hate when doc brags about not running anyplays for a guy or it has to just come from hustling and so forth. its insulting. u run 3 or 4 plays for certain plays just to show some respect and get them in the folow. he wasnt greg kite but was treated just like he was.

at the end of the day, my unfortunate conclusion is that 1) doc rivers has no idea how to coach basketball, whether or not you find him to be an affable personality.  i would probably agree that he's an affable person. 2) he's really got no more substance to him than the jock sniffing ownership of the celtics that has combined RETAINING the aging core of the celtics with a series of BAFFLING MOVES and AGGRAVATING NON-MOVES....  is ainge this bad or is the crap rolling downhill from further up than him?

through his treatment of darko milicic, brandon bass, jermaine o'neal and glen davis, you'd almost wonder if doc was a guy who was 5 foot 2 inches tall and had a bad thing AGAINST tall people?!!  i mean what else can you say?  add in the DISASTROUS handling of 6 foot 9 jeff green and it looks to me like 6-9 is where ALL basketball ends for doc unless your name is KG or unless you've also booked 300 million USD in the league in salary- then he'll put up with you.