Jermaine O'Neil back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jermaine O'Neil back

According to Danny Ainge looks like JO could be back in a week or so. Might even beat Shaq back at this point. in the 17 games he played JO actually played defense as good as Perk (Defensive rating 99) but was poor on offense.  If anything it adds some size and a hard foul or two. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Jermaine O'Neil back

That would be nice. If he remains healthy he will help the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Your misleading headline should read something like  ...JON may be back next week..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pop Quiz:

The 50 - 19 Boston Celtics have had their complete roster intact exactly how many games this year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I know it been a disappointment so far but I do like J.O I think he can give us 10 min Shaq 18 Krystic 12

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neil back:
    [QUOTE]Your misleading headline should read something like  ...JON may be back next week..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Why? I didn't say back today. The thread was about jermaine O'neil coming back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

JO defensively will help us... offensively i really dont know but as long as he plays hard D thats all that will matter ...maybe not right away but at some point in the playoffs even if its just one game i hope he makes up for all the injuries and letdowns hes had this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The guy really has skills. Just how much is in the tank is another story. If he has some juice left it would be fantastic for the team. In truth, I thought he was cooked. I hope I was wrong about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I hope this is not another April fools joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]Your misleading headline should read something like  ...JON may be back next week..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I know I was thinking "holy sh**"  Jermain'e playin against the Grizz!  That'll be cool!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

J/O fills the void we had on interior D and is still has better hands then Perk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neil back : Why? I didn't say back today. The thread was about jermaine O'neil coming back. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

You implied PRESENT TENSE that JO (is) back. Not FUTURE TENSE about JO (coming) back.

Your thread title is about JO (being) back. He's not... but he might.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If he can return before the regular season he may be able to contribute  during the playoffs.  I will remain optimistic, but really don't expect much from Jermaine since he hasn't played for almost the entire season.  I suppose it will be good for the Celtics if he is healthy and plays even a few productive minutes during the playoffs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Let's be very pleased if he comes back & gives us some good "D" and some rebounds. LA has been looking awfully good lately and Gasol, Bynum & Odom will have their way with us in the Playoffs(God Willing we get to play the hated Lakers in the finals) like they did in game 7 last year. We need both O'Neils as it's likely they'll both foul out.

Keep in mind, guys, that Perk was not a great offensive threat either !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Very good news! Its nice to hear some encouraging news about JO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

if he plays ill be surprised, if he plays well, that's just an added bonus at this point in the season. I had given up all hope on this guy to ever get off the gurney. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!  ZZZZZZZZZZZ! Wake me when he's on the court please. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ZZZZZZZZZZZ!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neil back : HE'S ON THE COURT! He's on the FOOD court!
    Posted by Fierce-34[/QUOTE]

that's hilarious

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

In Response to Jermaine O'Neil back:
    [QUOTE]According to Danny Ainge looks like JO could be back in a week or so. Might even beat Shaq back at this point. in the 17 games he played JO actually played defense as good as Perk (Defensive rating 99) but was poor on offense.  If anything it adds some size and a hard foul or two.  www.celticshub.com
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I hope it's true but I won't believe it until I see the dude ON THE FLOOR. Right now, I'm thinking no Shaq or JO for the entire playoffs. By this I mean that even if we have them for Round 1, I dont expect they'll be able to get through three rounds plus The Finals. If they do it, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

And remember, the playoffs is no time to go out there and try to get in sync. They need to get some games in, at least 10, beforehand.

Very skeptical C's fan here....Undecided

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Jermaine O'Neil back:
    [QUOTE]According to Danny Ainge looks like JO could be back in a week or so. Might even beat Shaq back at this point. in the 17 games he played JO actually played defense as good as Perk (Defensive rating 99) but was poor on offense.  If anything it adds some size and a hard foul or two.  www.celticshub.com
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

This is great news for the Celtics.  With Shaq and JO back, Boston will be able to field 7 guys on the court against the opponent's 5.  No way the C's lose another game after that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neil back : How do you get 7, genius??  Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Shaq and JON!  That's SIX last time I counted...............and it's TRUE.....much like Odom and Bynum count as one player, Shaq and JON will count as one player.....see? Cue the "moron, simpleton, idiot" card from Vic in 4,3,2,1...........
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

It's sarcasm, Miss Goody Two-Shoes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Jermaine O'Neal is back, will be back, may come back, should come back, I want him back, we want him back, he wants to come back??????????

Even if Jermaine comes back, it doesn't mean that he is going to play on all cylinders. Having been out soo long, his timing will be way off and his knees are like glass at this stage of his career. Coming back from a history of injuries, he'll be favoring one leg over the other and that doesn't bode well for a high intensity team like the Celtics.

The NBA has NO MERCY, especially with an injured, compromised player. But if I were a Celtic fan, like with Shaq, I'll get on my hands and knees each night and pray that he finally comes back with a minimum of 60% ability. A 39 year old geezer and partially crippled Jermaine might/could/hope just save the day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jermaine O'Neil back : This is great news for the Celtics.  With Shaq and JO back, Boston will be able to field 7 guys on the court against the opponent's 5.  No way the C's lose another game after that.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Like many people, I'm in the camp that "I'll believe it when I see them on the court".  A report came out today and Shaq is expected to return on April 1.  I just don't know what he will be able to consistently provide with just 8 games under his belt if he returns on April 1.

I don't believe Shaq will be able to run up and down the court consistently AND play solid defense and offense while giving us 20-25 minutes a night.  We're not even talking about JON.

Honestly, at this point, this O'Neal thing has been a major mistake.  Yes, signing BOTH of them.  The only way it turns out a success is with a title.  I think we gambled and lost.  The residual of not having them has affected the entire team.  Guys having to log more minutes than expected and playing out of position more than expected.  This has had alot to do with the wearing down of guys than anything.

As much as I hope they are able to return and contribute, I am just not seeing it right now.

Sections
Shortcuts