Jerry Sloan Resigns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Jerry Sloan Resigns

Crazy. He is a legend. I wonder what happened. I usually don't blink and eye when a coach quits or gets fired but He is the Jazz as long as I've ever watched the NBA. I can't imagine what the fanbase is thinking about the team / ownership.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Jerry Sloan Resigns

I knew they had been having trouble winning lately, but i didn't see this coming!!

To bad he couldn't have one a title, to me he is one of the greatest coaches of all time!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Bad record lately, expect to hear ' he lost the players' talked about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

With Brown and Sloan resigning this year, I guess I must now begrudgingly admit phil is the best active coach in the game!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Sloan Resigns:
    With Brown and Sloan resigning this year, I guess I must now begrudgingly admit phil is the best active coach in the game!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Don'T forget Pop!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Maybe it was health, or family. He was getting long in the tooth. I always thought he flew under the radar as a very good coach. Could be the market he was in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

He provided a consistently high level of quality coaching in a very small market. Players come and players go but Utah has held its head high.

Who else has done that?

It is one thing to coach the Yankees, the Celtics, and the Lakers where money comes to support players and staff in buckets. It is another to maintain such a high level, for so many years, in a place like Utah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like Sloan.  He's a classy coach.  Not sure he's one of the greatest as he will get credit for.  He had some great players and was not able to pull off the championship and even with the good players he's had for the last few years, I think Utah underachieved as they lost constantly on the road until this year and even this year, they've been so up and down.  Some of that has to fall on the coach if its happened over multiple years.  The past 5 years, they've had a very good set of players but always lost early in the playoffs.  

As I said, Sloan is a classy guy who taught the teams good basketball so I'm not bashing him......just not sure I'd praise him too high, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Deron Johnson was available that is the guy they should get.  He is much more likely to work well with Kobe than Melo.

I still wonder what the real story with Quis is.  Ainge must know if he will be back or not.  If not we will be dealing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

They were talking about it on the radio out here in Vegas, and it sounds like him and Deron Williams got into it pretty bad last game, with a couple unnamed players telling reporters that they really thought fists were gonna fly.

ESPN radio was speculating that, more than likely, Sloan went to management, probably wanted the player disciplined....they probably said no, and he resigned. He had just signed a 1 year extension last week but the team knew he might be retiring after this season.

No links...like I said...I heard this on ESPN radio driving home from work. Seems to make sense. Who knows...

Sections
Shortcuts