Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiorelladad. Show fiorelladad's posts

Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.

The link is self explanatory but I want to hear the Faker fans reaction to this. Also his take on Boston..........Please indulge me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.

The Lakers are the only NBA Champion to lose to a European team. 

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.:
    [QUOTE]The link is self explanatory but I want to hear the Faker fans reaction to this. Also his take on Boston..........Please indulge me. http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/jerry-west-doesn’t-think-lakers-will-be-good-for-much-longer/
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

What a shock - you mean really really really good teams get nothing out of the draft are invariably over the salary cap and eventually when their stars get old they won't be good that much longer.......  I had better sit down, I can't believe this.

You mean the Celtics get nothing out of the draft year after year and when their BIG 3 finally fade away they will become a 30 win team unless their GM can slide 3 superstarts into their salary cap slots.......  pass the tylenol.....

You mean teams like Oklahoma City who draft in the top 5 every year get Green, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka they eventually become very very very good teams.........how can this possibly happen......

It took no less than the inimitable Jerry West to espouse this theory.......  so the world is not flat????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Sounds like West lighting a fire under his former team to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus,

He may be but he is right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I hope Jerry West is wrong. I want the Lakers to be in the Finals against the Celtics. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.:
    [QUOTE]I hope Jerry West is wrong. I want the Lakers to be in the Finals against the Celtics. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I don't, I want the Lakers to lose every game they play

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.:
    [QUOTE]I hope Jerry West is wrong. I want the Lakers to be in the Finals against the Celtics. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I will be very very very surprised if the Lakers are not in the finals - the same way I will be very very very surprised if the Celtics are not in the finals.

The point is taken however in that the future is not bright for either team.  Once each team cycles through their star players, they will both likely become the Pistons or Cavs but that in no way negates or minimizes the level of talent they have now and will have for the next couple of years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

...interesting that West said it. Does he want to make another trade, like the Gasol trade, to beef up the Laker more?

Personally, I think that if both teams are healthy at the end, the west could go to either the Spurs or the Lakers.

Both would be great theater for a Celtics' finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]...interesting that West said it. Does he want to make another trade, like the Gasol trade, to beef up the Laker more? Personally, I think that if both teams are healthy at the end, the west could go to either the Spurs or the Lakers. Both would be great theater for a Celtics' finals.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Record aside I think the Spurs are pretenders.  I think they are a jump shooting team with no depth in the frontcourt and when the playoffs start it all comes down to executing in the halfcourt and I just don't think they have what it needs up front.

So by default and especially if Bynum is healthy, the Lakers come out of the west.  In my opinion prior to Butler's injury the best team in the west was Dallas.

Oddly I also think that several of the best front courts are in the west; Minn, Memphis, Clips, and Dallas but when push comes to shove Bynum, Pau, and Odom or the crackhead are still the best front court in the west and when you add Kobe as the point guard, they are the best in the west.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : I don't, I want the Lakers to lose every game they play
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Of course no one likes the Lakers because we've been to the last 3 Finals and won two of them.  In recent times teams fizzle out on their 4th one.  Time will tell.  If Bynum gets back to 15 pts and 10 boards per game and stays healthy Lakers will be fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : Of course no one likes the Lakers because we've been to the last 3 Finals and won two of them.  In recent times teams fizzle out on their 4th one.  Time will tell.  If Bynum gets back to 15 pts and 10 boards per game and stays healthy Lakers will be fine.
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

There are those Celtics fans that think that somehow had Perkins been healthy and the refs not taken game 7 away from them that the Cs would have won 2 of the last 3 but of course the idea that if Bynum had been healthy last year the series would have never gotten to game 7.

Further had Bynum been healthy in 2008 the Lakers could very well be sitting on their second 3peat in the last decade..... but for most Celtics fans that possibility is not even remotely possible.

I am the biggest Celtics fan ever but objectivity is simply a rumor to most around here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : Of course no one likes the Lakers because we've been to the last 3 Finals and won two of them.  In recent times teams fizzle out on their 4th one.  Time will tell.  If Bynum gets back to 15 pts and 10 boards per game and stays healthy Lakers will be fine.
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

My dislike for the Lakers started a whole lot earlier than 3 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : There are those Celtics fans that think that somehow had Perkins been healthy and the refs not taken game 7 away from them that the Cs would have won 2 of the last 3 but of course the idea that if Bynum had been healthy last year the series would have never gotten to game 7. Further had Bynum been healthy in 2008 the Lakers could very well be sitting on their second 3peat in the last decade..... but for most Celtics fans that possibility is not even remotely possible. I am the biggest Celtics fan ever but objectivity is simply a rumor to most around here.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You being a Celtic fan is just a rumor also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Watch out for young Chicago!!!
    I worry more of Chicago & Miami. These two will not leave. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : You being a Celtic fan is just a rumor also.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

As usual... immeasurable insight.....when pressed with options or potential objectivity it is immediately dismissed becuase somehow it does not benefit one's ego.......

I have often wondered how or why the winning or losing of a team of players, none of which have ever heard of Boston, could not care less where they play as long as they make their cash, but are willing to commit crime wherever they go continue to stroke fan's egoes.

D West should be in jail but there are those that cannot wait until he gets back to runk the second unit.

There is a very weird connection between players who could not give a rats a ss where they play and the fans' hometown.  It somehow makes the fan feel better about themselves whether they are the CEO of a fortune 500 company or a pedophile janitor at the local junior high school.

I very simply try to provide alternative perspectives given that the herd mentality cannot be overcome.

This board (as do many other things in life) epitomizes the keep saying it and it is fact mentality.

If you picked a handful of comments from this board and presented them to fans in Dallas, Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles they would routinely be laughed at but here they are the old testament.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

And your point is?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : As usual... immeasurable insight.....when pressed with options or potential objectivity it is immediately dismissed becuase somehow it does not benefit one's ego....... I have often wondered how or why the winning or losing of a team of players, none of which have ever heard of Boston, could not care less where they play as long as they make their cash, but are willing to commit crime wherever they go continue to stroke fan's egoes. D West should be in jail but there are those that cannot wait until he gets back to runk the second unit. There is a very weird connection between players who could not give a rats a ss where they play and the fans' hometown.  It somehow makes the fan feel better about themselves whether they are the CEO of a fortune 500 company or a pedophile janitor at the local junior high school. I very simply try to provide alternative perspectives given that the herd mentality cannot be overcome. This board (as do many other things in life) epitomizes the keep saying it and it is fact mentality. If you picked a handful of comments from this board and presented them to fans in Dallas, Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles they would routinely be laughed at but here they are the old testament.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

And of course Dallas etc. fans only make sensible, objective comments that everyone, including Boston fans, would agree with and not laugh at. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Spurs a jump shooting team?

I don't know, with Duncan at the low post, and Parker and Ginobili driving the lane, they offer a pick your poison offense not unlike the Celtics. In addition, they can play strong defense. If they stay healthy they will contend.

Dallas will have to make a trade to stay in the hunt with its injuries.

Minnesota? Wow, they have no chance. Are they still in the NBA?

Celtic fan?  Unlikely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

When did Andrew Bynum average 15 ppg and 10 rpg?

Andrew Bynum only averaged 15 ppg once, last season, his entire career and only once did he get 10 rpg, back in 2007-08, since he came to the NBA. Bynum has yet to achieve what you are saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

The Lakers will be there in the Finals long after the Boston Cotec's are one and done. Remember this, Blake Griffin's contract is up right around the time Kobe is set to retire, and who always gets the superstar? One guess. Muhahahahahaha!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : When did Andrew Bynum average 15 ppg and 10 rpg? Andrew Bynum only averaged 15 ppg once, last season, his entire career and only once did he get 10 rpg, back in 2007-08, since he came to the NBA. Bynum has yet to achieve what you are saying.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for beating me to the punch on that one!!  Compare his stats with MARC Gasol, not Pau!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer. : When did Andrew Bynum average 15 ppg and 10 rpg? Andrew Bynum only averaged 15 ppg once, last season, his entire career and only once did he get 10 rpg, back in 2007-08, since he came to the NBA. Bynum has yet to achieve what you are saying.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Obviously that quote from Jerry West was taken out of context.  Jerry just said yesterday that he would be shocked if the Lakers did not make it to the Finals again this year.  As for Bynum, his numbers for the last game 19 points and 11 rebounds in 3 quarters of work. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, I never thought he was saying they were over the hill THIS year, or even NEXT year they couldn't be competitive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

Celtics don't want to see the LAKERS>>>>>>In Response to Re: Jerry West doesn’t think Fakers will be good for much longer.:
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts