Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show

He said Buss is destroying the team.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show

In Response to Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show:
    [QUOTE]He said Buss is destroying the team.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Rome is a candidate for 2012 DB of the year.....  well this year and every year for that matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

maybe.....but I've been a huge fan of his for over 15 years...and he is a Laker/Kobe fan...I agree with what he said...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show:
    [QUOTE]maybe.....but I've been a huge fan of his for over 15 years...and he is a Laker/Kobe fan...I agree with what he said...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I do too...Jim Buss is an idiot who doesnt want to listen to those who have way more knowledge of the sport than he will ever have....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : Rome is a candidate for 2012 DB of the year.....  well this year and every year for that matter.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Yep ... always among the top five, anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : Yep ... always among the top five, anyway.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

If he lose the DB of the year award to Stephen A. Smiff then he will still be a strong candidate for EGO of the year......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

How the hell does that tool still have a show? I know I don't watch a lot of TV, but I figured that DB was probably selling used cars or hawking insurance by now. How is he still in the industry?

That punk move in the "interview" with Jim Everret was one of the  most pathetic, unprofessional and disgusting things I can remember a member of the media doing. Ever. Right up there with Borges and slimeballs like that.

I'll never understand why people watch that garbage. Sports talk, I mean. You want to talk about sensationalistic idiots.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kidd.
    Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Carmelo Anthony.
    Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Bosh.

He is also the one that had the Chris Paul trade finalized by all 3 teams until David Stern cancelled it. That is not his fault.

Jimmy also freed up $8.9m to trade for a player and received a 1st round pick for Odom's corpse. If he would have waited, there is no chance he could have unloaded Odom now for what he received for him. Great vision and timing!

Thanks Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kidd. Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Carmelo Anthony. Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Bosh. He is also the one that had the Chris Paul trade finalized by all 3 teams until David Stern cancelled it. That is not his fault. Jimmy also freed up $8.9m to trade for a player and received a 1st round pick for Odom's corpse. If he would have waited, there is no chance he could have unloaded Odom now for what he received for him. Great vision and timing! Thanks Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]
    Hitch you cart to Bynum see where it gets your team.   Can you leave now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kidd. Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Carmelo Anthony. Jimmy is the one that wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Bosh. 
    There's no debating they did the right thing not pulling the trigger on any of those moves. 

Still wary of Jim though. Reports aren't sounding good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : Hitch you cart to Bynum see where it gets your team.   Can you leave now?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Bynum is 24 and is the 2nd best center in the NBA.
    That sounds like a player to hitch your cart to!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

As I said the other day - I predict the marriage of Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak does NOT make 2 years!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : If he lose the DB of the year award to Stephen A. Smiff then he will still be a strong candidate for EGO of the year......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

LOL
    Funny, though, that Stephen A. also killed Jimmy on his show last night!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]As I said the other day - I predict the marriage of Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak does NOT make 2 years!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised either.
    Mitch has been there for many years.
    He will probably look for a new challenge pretty soon, just like Theo Epstein did.
    Losing some power in the organization to Jim might push him in another direction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : There's no debating they did the right thing not pulling the trigger on any of those moves.  Still wary of Jim though. Reports aren't sounding good.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

If Chris Paul was on the Lakers right now, everyone would have praised Jim.
    Moving Odom was a great decision.
    If LA can get a point guard they will be in better shape.
    LA with Odom and very little means to get a point guard would not be winning the Championship.

Kobe was right for backing Pau in "bashing" team management but he was 100% wrong from an organizational standpoint.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : If Chris Paul was on the Lakers right now, everyone would have praised Jim. Moving Odom was a great decision. If LA can get a point guard they will be in better shape. LA with Odom and very little means to get a point guard would not be winning the Championship. Kobe was right for backing Pau in "bashing" team management but he was 100% wrong from an organizational standpoint.

Did you know that on the radio yesterday,  a debate raged for an hour over what kobe "really" said.  They concluded that kobe "really" said to trade him now.  The argument was that if he DIDN'T want him traded, he would have said,"Do not trade this guy."  But the way he worded it left it open to debate.  The hosts claim they KNOW kobe knows you can't win this year, as constructed,  and he wants a move NOW!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : If Chris Paul was on the Lakers right now, everyone would have praised Jim. Moving Odom was a great decision. If LA can get a point guard they will be in better shape. LA with Odom and very little means to get a point guard would not be winning the Championship. Kobe was right for backing Pau in "bashing" team management but he was 100% wrong from an organizational standpoint.
    I agree with pretty much everything you say... but the CP3 move I attribute to Kupchak, not Jim. It had that Pau-Gasol-from-Memphis level savviness written all over it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : Did you know that on the radio yesterday,  a debate raged for an hour over what kobe "really" said.  They concluded that kobe "really" said to trade him now.  The argument was that if he DIDN'T want him traded, he would have said,"Do not trade this guy."  But the way he worded it left it open to debate.  The hosts claim they KNOW kobe knows you can't win this year, as constructed,  and he wants a move NOW!!

I heard and saw Kobe's comments.
    He said to trade him now or to commit to Pau.
    Kobe loves Pau but if Pau can be traded for a better package, then Pau should be traded and Kobe knows that. That goes for any other player on that team.
    Deep down I am sure Kobe knows the best decision for the team is not to trade Pau right now.

Kobe is the only one that we know won't be traded.

Personally, I think Pau is playing very good and aggressive ball.
    The second half of last year and the playoffs, Pau was sluggish and not aggressive. He is averaging 2 ppg less then last year but that is due to Bynum's presence this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : I agree with pretty much everything you say... but the CP3 move I attribute to Kupchak, not Jim. It had that Pau-Gasol-from-Memphis level savviness written all over it.

This morning on Mike and Mike, Chris Broussard said that Jim Buss is fully running the Lakers organization and has been for a while.

Mitch and Jim were both fully involved in those days around the Paul trade.
    Mitch can still work on trades but Jim has to approve everything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : I heard and saw Kobe's comments. He said to trade him now or to commit to Pau. Kobe loves Pau but if Pau can be traded for a better package, then Pau should be traded and Kobe knows that. That goes for any other player on that team. Deep down I am sure Kobe knows the best decision for the team is not to trade Pau right now. Kobe is the only one that we know won't be traded. Personally, I think Pau is playing very good and aggressive ball. The second half of last year and the playoffs, Pau was sluggish and not aggressive. He is averaging 2 ppg less then last year but that is due to Bynum's presence this year.

100% agree - BUT - the voices on the radio said he is "pulling a Phil" and not saying what he means.  They say he is PO'd over not being involved in the Brown hire, and this is his way of pulling the strings behind the scenes like he did with Shaq.  It was all pretty twisted.....but not liking koME as much as I do, it sounded plausible.....and these are guys who LOVE the lakers!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : 100% agree - BUT - the voices on the radio said he is "pulling a Phil" and not saying what he means.  They say he is PO'd over not being involved in the Brown hire, and this is his way of pulling the strings behind the scenes like he did with Shaq.  It was all pretty twisted.....but not liking koME as much as I do, it sounded plausible.....and these are guys who LOVE the lakers!!

Chris Broussard also said this morning that Kobe is fully 100% behind Mike Brown and what he is doing.

Kobe is frustrated for Pau and he knows Pau is not going to say anything about his situation because that is not his style. Kobe can and will say what he wants.

After 3/15 much of this drama will be over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : This morning on Mike and Mike, Chris Broussard said that Jim Buss is fully running the Lakers organization and has been for a while. Mitch and Jim were both fully involved in those days around the Paul trade. Mitch can still work on trades but Jim has to approve everything.
    I understand Jim has the final say on everything, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't Mitch who brokered the CP3 deal. Aside from drafting Bynum, I just have not seen many moves directly attributed to Jim yet.

But I certainly haven't given up on the guy. He is Jerry's son, after all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : I understand Jim has the final say on everything, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't Mitch who brokered the CP3 deal. Aside from drafting Bynum, I just have not seen many moves directly attributed to Jim yet. But I certainly haven't given up on the guy. He is Jerry's son, after all.

I agree it was Kupchak - it had arrogance written all over it.  There is NO WAY that trade was going to happen unless Bynum was included.
    Only Mitch could think he could trade away 2 30-somethings, get back the best player in the deal AND save 40 million in salary!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jim Rome is killing Jimmy Buss on his show : I understand Jim has the final say on everything, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't Mitch who brokered the CP3 deal. Aside from drafting Bynum, I just have not seen many moves directly attributed to Jim yet. But I certainly haven't given up on the guy. He is Jerry's son, after all.

Nobody knows who built the CP3 trade.
    I would agree with you that it was probably Mitch's deal because he has the relationships with the other GM's.
    I don't think other GM's who want to talk to the Lakers about trades call Jim. Jim probably gets involved after Mitch has done most of the work.