Jimmer Fredette vs Danny Aigne?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jimmer Fredette vs Danny Aigne?

Who was a better college player?

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/baseball/files/2010/03/a-ainge_danny-byu1.jpgJimmer Fredette became the BYU all-time leading scorer Friday, breaking Danny Ainge s 20-year-old record. (BYU photo/Mark Philbrick)

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Jimmer Fredette vs Danny Aigne?

In Response to Jimmer Fredette vs Danny Aigne?:
    [QUOTE]Who was a better college player? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Danny was a much better Athlete     Fredette  may be a better shooter. Fredette has his work cut out if he going to be as good a pro as Danny was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Danny played 3 seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays.  He was also a star football player.  He was a better all-around athlete.  All Jimmer has on Ainge is his shot but I don't think, at 6'2", Jimmer is going to have the athleticism to check many guards on the pro level.  Also, although he's listed at 6'2", I'll bet he's a hair over 6'0".  He's going to have a difficult time getting that shot off in the League.

However, as a collgian, Jimmer may just be a better college player just by a hair (no pun intended).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jimmer will be a mid first rounder and have a decent career in the NBA, but no where near as good as Danny...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Danny had heart he took on Tree Rollins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Can Jimmer Fredette create his own shot in the pros?  Who does he defend, the 1 or the 2?  As a collegian, he was fun to watch.  The NBA is littered with guys who were great in college and who turn out to be average pros.  Not sure what kind of player he projects to be at the next level. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Jimmer Fredette vs Danny Aigne?:
    [QUOTE]Can Jimmer Fredette create his own shot in the pros?  Who does he defend, the 1 or the 2?  As a collegian, he was fun to watch.  The NBA is littered with guys who were great in college and who turn out to be average pros.  Not sure what kind of player he projects to be at the next level. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Agree that he was very enjoyable to watch.   I was disappointed to see BYU lose.  Not sure how good he will be in the NBA.  It is never easy to make the transition from college to the pros.  Even some of the best college players are not very good NBA players. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Last nights loss vs Fla was the first game I seen Fredette play in (other than espn highlights)  For some reason he looked bigger than 6'2" to me

Anyway, I wasnt very impressed. Hes takes lots of bad shots, off balance 3's, bombs from a mile away... and missed most of them

If thats his usual game, what NBA team will want that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Fredette reminds me of J.J. Reddick, but little better to the basket...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Exactly my comparison Beavis.  He's J.J. Reddick(or Steve Kerr) as an NBA player IMOP.  If he somehow dropped down to the late 1st round,  I would love to see the C's take a shot at him...  but he won't.  Watching him offensively last nite was entertaining to say the least...  watching him defensively was atrocious.  He seemed to just stand around waiting for his teammates to get the ball back to him on offensive.

But,  another similar young guard who might fall in the draft a bit...   Duke's Sr. point guard, Nolan Smith.  Intrigues me a bit. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Funny, I see Redick as a superior player who had a very good college career against top notch competition.  I thought for sure that Redick would be a good pro, and he's been average.  You never know, but Fredette looks like a guy without a position who won't be able to defend either the 1 or 2.  If he has an Eddie House-like career I'd think that's his ceiling. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You never know who's going to make a good pro and who won't. Who'd have thought Steve Nash would be a Hall of Famer? Who'd have thought O.J. Mayo would flame out as he did?

I see Jimmer as a journeyman ... 10-year career, mostly as a solid reserve. He could be better than that, or he could be worse.

The guy I'd LOVE to have our our roster is Kemba Walker. Not only can he play, he's really smart. However, he won't be around when the C's draft.

Sections
Shortcuts