JJ Johnson Dunk Sends Clear Message to Doc PLAY ME!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

JJ Johnson Dunk Sends Clear Message to Doc PLAY ME!!

JJ Johnson's dunk last night was awesome! It is amazing what young, fresh, hungry legs can do.

Doc let me help you interpret the message behind that dunk; PLAY ME, I WANT TO HELP!!!!!

Apologies for the link: it is the only footage of the dunk I could find on line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJrPlO0nfk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: JJ Johnson Dunk Sends Clear Message to Doc PLAY ME!!

cant hurt to play them at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Can't make a roster change on one dunk. Doc sees a lot more of this kids game than we do. Most rookies don't know how to do things like make proper defensive rotations. I hope the kid becomes a hall of famer but realistically, if doc thinks he is not ready, he probably isn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Tonight would be a great night to give both E'Twan and JJ playing time. West Lafayette, IN (Purdue Campus) is only 60-minutes away from Indianapolis.

PLAY THE ROOKS DOC!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Lotta dunks happen in garbage time.  I'd like to think he can be really good -- and that the kids can appear more in more games -- but we need more blowouts (in both directions) to be able to see them until Doc thinks they're ready for Prime Time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

As long as we keep falling behind by 15-20 pts,, there is no room to play them...
    until our offense starts to gell, and defense gets more consistant. Then you have some room to play and experiment..until then

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

These guys would add the following elements to the team that have been missing ..... ENERGY..YOUNG LEGS...ATHLETICISM!!!!!

Go Boilers...Go Celtics!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

WITH WILCOX OUT ATLEAST 3 GAMES & KG WITH A BUM AKLE

BOTH JJ & FANS MAY FINALLY GET OUR WISH...TONIGHT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

At least E'Twan is getting a little PT tonight!

Thanks Doc!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Well Moore played against pacers he showed promise his shot selection is okey same with his defense better than Bradley...JJJ show flashes of brillance in less than 2 minutes of playing time, they should be developed now because our aged big 3 is showing its sunset games...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

In Response to Re: JJ Johnson Dunk Sends Clear Message to Doc PLAY ME!!:
    [QUOTE]Rondo, Moore, JJ, Pietrus, Stiemsma..... Might be the best team we have right now.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: JJ Johnson Dunk Sends Clear Message to Doc PLAY ME!!:
    [QUOTE]This is one area I disagree with Doc. ETwan and JJ came from Purdue, are 4 year college guys from a big time program. You need to have a high BBall IQ and real basketball skill to play there. They should be playing here. They couldn't be much worse than what we're trotting out there now. Stiemsma should be playing too. They need to get young and more atheletic. Can't do much better on this roster than those three.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this team wont win crap until he lets the young guys play...i dont know what doc is seeing that we arent...maybe he is trying to get a high draft pick lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is discouraging to read our posts and look at the desperate solutions.

They all stink to different degrees.  The process of losing will allow Doc to make changes as his proud big three see game by game that things are not going to change and accept smaller roles or think about retirement.

It is depressing and I never thought they would collapse like this.  The strike shortened season seems to have been what really brought us down so quickly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Their offense is finished. The Celtics strategy is no longer in vogue. Please notice the teams that are winning. Young, fast and do not take forever to shoot. Therefore, they take more shots and score more points. The Celtics take too long to set up a shot. Therefore make less shots than almost every other team. They do not rebound. So are last in rebounding.

Ray Allen is a great shooter, but how often does he shoot foul shots??? He passes poorly, loses the ball often, and waits to long to start up his game. Please notice he very rarely goes to the hoop. That is because he never wants to get bumped by another player. Plays very little defense.

WE ARE TOO OLD TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DID THEY STOP PLAYING SEISMA??? DID HE MAKE THE OTHER TWO CENTERS LOOK BAD?? PLEASE GET RID OF JERMAINE. HE IS WORTHLESS.
    THE BEST SHOT RECENTLY WAS THAT SLAM DUNK BY JJ.

DOC RIVERS IS LIVING IN THE PAST AND DOESN'T SEE THE FUTURE. GREAT LOCKER ROOM COACH.....MEDIOCRE PLAYTIME COACH. ALWAYS THE SAME STRATEGY. OTHER TEAMS KNOW IT AND ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed with those who think this team needs a little shakeup.  It's early, plenty of time to turn things around, but clearly some of the vets are slow to come around due to conditioning, injuries, etc.  Could it really hurt to give the young guys some minutes?  See what you have, baptism by fire and all that.  It's time.  This team needs some young legs and athleticism.  I don't expect them to get the #1-3 playoff seed, so they may as well try to bring the young guys along.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crackojacko75. Show crackojacko75's posts

JJ Johnson is the real deal.  He has a smooth shot, and has great post moves.  He has an unblockable fade away in the post.  He's a good kid.  I think doc will play him eventually because on sportnet during training camp he told Tommy that JJJ reminded him of horace grant.  So doc's first impressions of him were really postive.  What will it take for Johnson to get some time?  4-10 start maybe? 4-12?  The kid was defensive and player of the year.  Let the purdue kids play together.  Please doc.

Sections
Shortcuts