JO best center at this point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

JO best center at this point

J. O"Neal is the best center on the Celts at this point.  He has played enough minutes and is the best big defender on the team.  Shack even healthy has never defended the pick and roll that well.  Shack can not shoot outside as well as JO.  Shack is slower than JO.  Shack  even if he returned would be useful when we play the Lakers, but against the other competition JO is the best all arouond big we have.  Davis is not a center but he is the second best big defender and mabey the best big scorer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: JO best center at this point

Can't argue with taht at all.  I think that our biggest concern isn't getting shaq healthy so much as keeping JO healthy.  If he can continue to play as he has I think we have a plenty solid 5 position to win it all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I cant argue with you there but they surely can give a couple of more minutes to KRSTIC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Kristic is ok, but he doesn't really fit with the c's philosophy.  Plus, he gives the refs an easy target for whistles (a lot like green). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

All very good points, except the fact if Shaq is somewhat healthy, he would be a dominate scorer inside against the Heat. They have no one period who could defend him in the post nor do the Bulls. Big IF though on being healthy. Still can be a dominant scorer though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to JO best center at this point:
    J. O"Neal is the best center on the Celts at this point.  He has played enough minutes and is the best big defender on the team.  Shack even healthy has never defended the pick and roll that well.  Shack can not shoot outside as well as JO.  Shack is slower than JO.  Shack  even if he returned would be useful when we play the Lakers, but against the other competition JO is the best all arouond big we have.  Davis is not a center but he is the second best big defender and mabey the best big scorer. 
    Posted by maryngary

Master of the obvious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by maryngary

S-H-A-Q

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

IT  doesnt matter if he doesnt fit. But minutes we need from a big man thats not JO, he is healthy but we dont want him still to go overboard. If JO can get 22-28 minutes in that would be good. His jump shot looks as close as it did in INDIANA. THATS the JO i would like to see. THAT JO in the lineup would be 18 here we come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we need shaq, he is a dominant scary force inside

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JON is playing good for us but for only half the game.. after that, we have troubles..

Kristic couldnt do much in limited mins against a tiny Knick front court.. His game is melting away and DOcs short leash on him has made it even worse. The guy looks like a bundle of nerves out there now.... where his sweaty, shaky hands are reminisent of Perks

Dont know what happened to him, when he first got here he had good hands, rebounded and scored.. His D hasnt been so great but now the rest of his game has flushed down the toilet too.. Doc hasnt done a good job with him.. whatever short comings Kristic had, instead of getting  him to improve, the opposite has happened.

All thats left is BBD... and we lose alot with him.

Forget about Shaq, I dont think he'll be back. The Celtics have slung so much BS about this subject, they are even contridicting themselves now. Like yesterday Ainge sys Shaq couldnt give us 12mins now... yet hes practicing today to see if hes ready for Sunday. LOL   Keep dangling the carrot, right C's?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I have posted this several times and many may not agree with me,  but I believe the Celtics should have signed Rasheed when they had an open roster spot available.   If he had played enough games and gotten back into basketball shape, (BIG IF), he may have been able to help this team during the playoffs.   Just not sure if he would have even had enough time to get back into shape.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I absolutely agree.  I thought it was going to happen for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Re: JO best center at this point:
    I have posted this several times and many may not agree with me,  but I believe the Celtics should have signed Rasheed when they had an open roster spot available.   If he had played enough games and gotten back into basketball shape, (BIG IF), he may have been able to help this team during the playoffs.   Just not sure if he would have even had enough time to get back into shape.  
    Posted by susan250
      Wallace would have been a good short minute man sign.  I am satisfied with Danny but the boy from Notre Dame we gave the Calvs looked like a Celtic and might have hit a big shot or two for the second unit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: JO best center at this point:
    we need shaq, he is a dominant scary force inside
    Posted by bramrok

We all would like to see Shaq playing.  Just not sure when this will happen.  Although, it has been written that he will return during the Heat series, just not sure when.   I will remain optimistic about Shaq, but not sure how much help he will be until he actually plays a few minutes.   He was a big reason that we won so many games at the beginning of the season.  It would be great for him to be able to contribute, but I don't expect the same minutes or effort that he had at the beginning of the season.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Posted by maryngary

-

Good assessment of the center situation.

I think Shaq will be back but for how long?

I can't understand the Kristic situation:  we could really use an effective Kristic.  Hopefully some practice time helped him.

But it's JO, he's the Man, lets keep our fingers crossed that he stays healthy for the duration.

Sections
Shortcuts