JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor

Bradley, Johnson, Pavlovic and a 1st rd pick for Robin Lopez

or expand it and make phoneix give up some draft position in order to save them some serious cash.

Wilcox, Johnson, Bradley, Moore and both our 1st rd picks for Robin Lopez, Warrick or Dudley and Pheonix's 1st rd pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor:
    [QUOTE]DO IT DANNY!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Would be a good trade but isn't going to happen.  I don't expect many trades will happen for the remainder of the season.  With the shortened season it will be difficult to develop any team chemistry.  The Celtics are already playing with many new players and didn't have a long pre-season.  You may still see players like Howard traded, but I don't believe you will see many mid-season trades. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Do it here to. Love to Okafor on the C's.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am talking right before the march 15th deadline when we would be able to trade him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor:
    [QUOTE]In Response to JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor : Would be a good trade but isn't going to happen.  I don't expect many trades will happen for the remainder of the season.  With the shortened season it will be difficult to develop any team chemistry.  The Celtics are already playing with many new players and didn't have a long pre-season.  You may still see players like Howard traded, but I don't believe you will see many mid-season trades. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Unless Wilcox is all of a sudden an 18-22 minute Center who gets you 6-7 boards a block, good defense and fundamentals (the ability to hit a 15 foot shot like PJ Brown did) then we need to make a mid-season trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I know Danny is high on Avery and Johnson... but I just don't see them being starters. I'd have to think their combined value as 21 and 23 year old 1st rd picks, with another pick this year in a deep draft has to be worth Lopez, who is going to be behind Gortat on PHX depth chart and as a restricted FA they will be forced to pay him 7 million (Kwame & Dalambert) per season to be a 16 minute backup.

It's a 3-1 swap with a good shot that you get 1 solid starter out of Avery, Johnson and a '12 pick... or the knowledge that you are filling 3 backup positions and losing only 1.

It is more than enough for Lopez... which is why the next part of the trade is in our favor.

With Dudley/Warrick, the Suns have 4-5 guys who play mostly SF on the roster already. It is why the waived Pietrus. 3 of those guys (Dudley, Warrick, Childress) are owned 13 million over 3, 7 over 2 and 21 over 3. They can eventually use their amnesty on the terrible Childress contract. But we still save them a great big chunk of change just for giving up a protected 1st rd pick (say top 5) that will prob end up being 9-14, while ours will be 19-24.

10 spots in the draft to save 10 million... Pheonix isn't known as a cash friendly club.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

JO, Bradley, Johnson, Moore and a 1st rd pick seems like the fair kind of offer  to make a team give up a slightly overpaid starter. You need those assets back.

Okafor is the type of player who can, at anytime this season, step in and seamlessly do what Jermaine was doing (22m-5p-7r-2b?) at a slightly better level (28m-8p-9r-2b). Same kind of workmanlike D, 14-17' shot, and decent hands around the rim but completely understanding he is not having plays run for him but he is going to shut down the paint and play a role.

I would make this trade in February if O'Neal is hurt or isn't playing fantastic (anything less than 20m 3.5p-5.5r-1.5b would not be ideal) and the Celtics are in the mix for 1 of the top 4 seeds in the east.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor : By that time it would be too late. We need a trade now, not at the deadline.

It is the 1st game of the season.

I expect JO and Wilcox to go back and forth between something like this over each 3 game stretch we have:

1st 2 games - JO gets 22-26 mins a game with very good D, 5-7 points, 6-8 rebounds and 1-2 blocks. Wilcox gets 8-12 mins of serviceable ball that just gets better as he gels with his new teammates.

3rd game - JO 'rests' at 8-12 mins, plays some tough D at the start of each half and then gets a lot of time on the pine. Wilcox gets 22-26 mins and has been all geared up by the coaching staff and players that once every 3 games he will have some plays run for him and play big mins and he is pumped to get like a 10-5 in those games.

After about a month of this if we are seriously clicking then don't tamper with it unless you can upgrade that Wilcox role (Lopez) if it is not working at all b/c of JO then look to move him for someone like Okafor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO, Bradley, and Dooling for Emeka Okafor : What you're offering only benefits the Celts. No way the Suns trade Lopez for our garbage. The Hornets are for sale, the less bad contracts they have the better for the potential buyer. 

so an unknown player who could go anywhere from 18-26 in next years draft, a just turned 21 year old guard who played mostly in the d-league and has had 1 pro game after 'finding himself' as a SG, and a soon to be 23 year old forward who won't be able to get on the floor to develop much behind KG, Bass and Wilcox are our 'garbage'???

I'm sorry those are 3 good young assets I see being worth more than paying a 7 point 4 rebound 1 block Center 7-9 million a year to backup Marcin Gortat.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

like I said we have to give them more time to decide and make a better offer to new orleans than that. Besides, we need Dooling. He is the only backup PG.

If it was Avery, Johnson, Moore, a pick and JO for Okafor I guess I would do that right now.... but really... I'd want to see us playing great, having a weakness in the middle in 3-4 weeks and needing him to secure the 2nd-4th seed for example... over just getting him now and finding out that we are destined to the 5th-7th seed even with Okafor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Knicks can say they have a top 5 PF-C combo in the game and yet we were torched by Melo and mostly outside... he had to deal with Pavlovic instead of Pierce ('Quis played good D, hosed on 1 call) and Pavo got that bogus technical and wasn't making Melo work at the other end.

KG, JO and Bass played Amare to a standstill and KG and JO are only going to play better as their old legs get used to the grind again.

As long as they don't get hurt

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Good luck trying to make a trade with David Stern. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That's why I make that trade for Okafor... the one where we offer the two young assets we don't currently need that NO would want (Avery/Johnson) and keep the 2 million vet we do need that NO wouldn't want (Dooling)

We lose Avery and Johnson AND Moore we still have 3 SG's out of these 4 guys (Ray/'Quis/Pavo/Pietrus) and 3 PF's (KG, Bass, Wilcox) who would play over those 3.

Dooling is the only backup PG.

We'd have to have a 2nd trade ready to get a PG.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes they do

Johnson and Pavlovic make just over 100k more than Dooling

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WHO IS THIS INSANE PERSON WHO WANTS TO GIVE UP THE HOUSE FOR ROBIN LOPEZ ?????????? , AVERY BRADLEY, JUJUAN JOHNSON AND A #1 PICK FOR LOPEZ ? YOU ARE NUTS PAL !

MUST BE A FANTASY GEEK

ROBIN LOPEZ IS A FLOP , WE'VE ALREADY SEEN PATRICK O'BRYANT AND SHELDEN WILLIAMS, LOPEZ IS NO BETTER THAN THOSE GUYS...

J'ON IS FAR SUPERIOR AND FINALLY HEALTHY , JUJUAN JOHNSON IS BETTER STRAIGHT UP THAN LOPEZ, WAY TOO EARLY TO BE THROWING AVERY UNDER THE BUS.....GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

no love for lopez huh

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

could JO be bought out, rest up for 30 days, and rejoin us like the rules under the old CBA?

Sections
Shortcuts