JO is winning me over, how about you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

JO is winning me over, how about you?

I particularly loved him diving on the ground while out of bounds on the ground still trying to save the ball.

That's when I know he cares as much as I do!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: JO is winning me over, how about you?

He know understands how to play his role, and is doing it very well. 

All we need is a healthy Shaq and we are equipped. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think he loves playing with the Vets. To me he seems to be telling them he belongs. He's doing this not with his mouth, but with his game. I thought he was kaput for the year. The C's wouldn't be in this posistion without him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't forget this guy is hungry for a ring too....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

JO is a savvy vet. Blocks shots with his left hand so he doesn't have to reach across. Can nail that little tweener. He blocked Amare on that jump ball with his elbow. Got to give him credit for having his knee scoped and training as hard as he did to come back in such good form. He wants it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

JON is filling Perkins roll now.  He is asked only to be that presence in the middle and play solid defense.  Scoring is a bonus.  Now he will hopefully close out games with the starting unit for the rest of the play-offs after Docs bad experiment with BBD the other day. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

He is doing a great job. Defense, rebounds, blocks (and bad shots on the other team),some offense. If we can get 10points and a healthy JO for the rest of the play offs... we still belive!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Big Thing everyone misses he can actually be on the floor in the last 5 minutes of close games. He can actually hit a freethrow. He can go up with a pass around the basket and score. He is 10 times the player perk at the close of games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you?:
    [QUOTE]Big Thing everyone misses he can actually be on the floor in the last 5 minutes of close games. He can actually hit a freethrow. He can go up with a pass around the basket and score. He is 10 times the player perk at the close of games.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    Good points. No hands of stone. Need his D at the end of the game also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you? : Good points. No hands of stone. Need his D at the end of the game also.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

My point was Perk was never on the floor at close of games ever so J/O gives us a scoring option to dump off if any one is double teamed and he is a shot blocker. Over all he is a slight down on D but 10 times better than nothing in crunch time. Everyone point out last year we were outboarded in game 7. Here the thing Perk would have been subbed for big baby at the end. I rather have J/O over either of them when it counts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to JO is winning me over, how about you?:

[QUOTE]I particularly loved him diving on the ground while out of bounds on the ground still trying to save the ball. That's when I know he cares as much as I do!

Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

-

Coach, JO has completely won me over with his play, his class, his on-court demeanor, and his professionalism.

He is proving to be a very valuable asset in this NY series, and his role will increase exponentially when we meet Miami and them that lie beyond.

He seems to have his timing back and his stroke, and those left hand blocks are things of beauty.

Like I've been saying, JO's role in these wins has been overlooked and under-appreciated to a large extant.

Thanks for bringing deserved focus to JO's contributions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to JO is winning me over, how about you? : - Coach, JO has completely won me over with his play, his class, his on-court demeanor, and his professionalism. He is proving to be a very valuable asset in this NY series, and his role will increase exponentially when we meet Miami and them that lie beyond. He seems to have his timing back and his stroke, and those left hand blocks are things of beauty. Like I've been saying, JO's role in these wins has been overlooked and under-appreciated to a large extant. Thanks for bringing deserved focus to JO's contribtions.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

One thing he does that there is no stat for is altered shots. I love seeing people putting more arch on their shots when J/O is out there he is the reason our D has improved in shooting percetage against average.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to JO is winning me over, how about you?:
    [QUOTE]I particularly loved him diving on the ground while out of bounds on the ground still trying to save the ball. That's when I know he cares as much as I do!

Glad something someone is doing makes you happy. You had me worried I was going to send you something on National 420 day just to chill you out lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to JO is winning me over, how about you? : - Coach, JO has completely won me over with his play, his class, his on-court demeanor, and his professionalism. He is proving to be a very valuable asset in this NY series, and his role will increase exponentially when we meet Miami and them that lie beyond. He seems to have his timing back and his stroke, and those left hand blocks are things of beauty. Like I've been saying, JO's role in these wins has been overlooked and under-appreciated to a large extant. Thanks for bringing deserved focus to JO's contributions.

Thanks, Rondowski. And why do you call me coach? I like it, though!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to JO is winning me over, how about you? : Glad something someone is doing makes you happy. You had me worried I was going to send you something on National 420 day just to chill you out lol
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

What is that about? 420?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

this is the main reason i was waiting for JO to come back so much...i dont care bout his offense which hasnt been bad..but i care about his DEFENSE which has been amazing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you? : Thanks, Rondowski. And why do you call me coach? I like it, though!

-

I call you Coach because that man in the picture with the handfull of championship rings was a great coach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm going to throw in a kicker here too....

he hasn't played that much this year, so it is very feasible that he can progress his play....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you? : - I call you Coach because that man in the picture with the handfull of championship rings was a great coach.

You got it! Bill Russell is the man!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Jermaine has been awesome on d ,blocking and altering shots and taking charges.  

He has been good on offense too setting picks and hitting jumpers and getting some offensive boards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

JO is playing Great. He really wants that ring. As I said a couple weeks ago, he should be the 5th guy out there with Rondo, Ray, Pierce, and KG.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you? : You got it! Bill Russell is the man!

Jermaine Oneal stinks. As soon as the celtics strugglle he will be the first one to tank the game. Trust me he played for the heat.

If shac comes back the celtics are in great shape. But if Oneal is your starting center you are in trouble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you? : Jermaine Oneal stinks. As soon as the celtics strugglle he will be the first one to tank the game. Trust me he played for the heat. If shac comes back the celtics are in great shape. But if Oneal is your starting center you are in trouble.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

Thanks DWade! It's an honor to "converse" with you. LOL!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wow, what a creep.........gotta be another youngster......they are running rampant...the sad thing is that they don't realize that they are embarrassing themselves at such a young age...oh wel....live and learn kids...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

If there was a postseason all defense team he'd be a shoe in.  Beisdes the phenomenal D I love how he lets the offense come to him, only taking bunnies when they come.  If he continues to play like this we'll be in great shape.