JO is winning me over, how about you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: JO is winning me over, how about you?

I knew JO meant business when he gave lebron that shot in Miami. We needed his toughness and defensive skill desperately, and he's playing excellent selfless basketball. This guy has a chance to be a boston folk-hero if he can be that difference maker throughout the postseason.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

It would be interesting to see, fiercest34.  Lebron and Ilgauskas threw balls at 3 different players that week (JO Zaza Wall). Personally, I wouldn't mess with JO. Also, throwing a ball at someone has to be the weakest comeback, minus the carmelo hit and run against the knicks some years back. It's good to have someone like JO who is willing to mix it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I was won over from the moment we signed him. big men who block shots AND take charges are so rare (the only other one I can think of in the league right now is Andrew Bogut).

add that to the fact that he can hit that mid range jump shot and free throws.

I was disappointed when he was struggling with injury earlier in the season. seeing him play so well now makes me so happy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

JO is doing what hes always done, the only question with him has always been his health. Hes really buying into the defensive scheme, blocking and altering tons of shots. On the offensive end hes setting great screens for ray and paul freeing them both up for jumpers. Hes been hitting those short jumpers too which is just gravy. If we can get 25 minutes a game of this, we will be in good shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think JO is a better team defender than Perk. Not sure how he would do 1 on 1 with Dwight Howard, but he is also long enough to bother Bynum a little. Perk was a great defender, don't get me wrong, but I've been that impressed with JO's defense. He's not the rebounder Perk is though, and his 6 points a game are a shade less than Perk averaged, although he does have better hands and can hit free throws with more consistency. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think J.O did some soul searching when he sat out 2 months with the knee surgery. He decided to get his head into to right place. He came back in shape and with a winning attitude. He started the season out of shape, but all is now forgotten as that's water under the bridge. I'm glad he got his act together.
        There's no doubt that J.O is a very talented player. His past successes prove this. He's finally playing up to his potential this season. When Shaq is back and I believe that it will be for game 1 of the Miami season, the C's will be really tough in the post, being the best in the NBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Forget about 25 minutes a game.  I think we need a solid 30-33 minutes from him.  We haven't had a shot-blocker like JO in the big 3 era.  His presence can make our defense really phenomenal.  BBD is too short to impact the game defensively and his offense has all but disappeared. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Kareem Russell Perkins 19 minutes 2 points 2 boards  

Last game 4 points 5 boards                  I must be one of the few fans that remember what Perkins was and think the Thunder will be glad to have him but not for what they are paying him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

His late 4th Qtr jumper was as big as anything PJ Brown ever did for the Celtics

JON may well prove to be a bargain for the Celtics

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I perfer JO hands down over Perk. I want to see the Celts go all the way, but I also enjoy watching basketball played with skill. After 8 years Perk had seemingly not figured out "never up never in" on his free throws. Before he would shoot I would say to the tv "perk, can you get it over the front of the rim?" Doink. OK, Perk, now don't overcompensate and hit the back of the rim.Clank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: JO is winning me over, how about you?:
    [QUOTE]wow, what a creep.........gotta be another youngster......they are running rampant...the sad thing is that they don't realize that they are embarrassing themselves at such a young age...oh wel....live and learn kids...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  This board constantly has new posters from other teams who seem very immature and are probably about 12 years old. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think JO is a better team defender than Perk. Not sure how he would do 1 on 1 with Dwight Howard, but he is also long enough to bother Bynum a little. Perk was a great defender, don't get me wrong, but I've been that impressed with JO's defense. He's not the rebounder Perk is though, and his 6 points a game are a shade less than Perk averaged, although he does have better hands and can hit free throws with more consistency. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Fortunately for Jermaine he won't have to see Howard or Bynum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I think J.O did some soul searching when he sat out 2 months with the knee surgery. He decided to get his head into to right place. He came back in shape and with a winning attitude. He started the season out of shape, but all is now forgotten as that's water under the bridge. I'm glad he got his act together.     There's no doubt that J.O is a very talented player. His past successes prove this. He's finally playing up to his potential this season. When Shaq is back and I believe that it will be for game 1 of the Miami season, the C's will be really tough in the post, being the best in the NBA.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Jermaine has been playing great and will continue to contribute during the playoffs.  I am going to remain optimstic about Shaq and really hope that he does return during the next playoff series.  The combination of the two O'Neill's definitely makes the Celtics a better team.   Just not sure if Shaq can play the same minutes that he played at the beginning of the season, if he does indeed return. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I seem to recall many of us (me, too) saying when we signed him, that this could be the end of Perk.  He does what Perk does AND can score.  Health with he and Shaq is the issue.  MIA has no one to defend JON and Shaq, and not even MeBron would mess with Shaq..........I think it was a good signing when it happened, and I think so even more now.  I recall I said at the time Perk had an expiring contract and don't be surprised if DA moved him at trade deadline!