JO looks to be on the shelf again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

JO looks to be on the shelf again.

JO didn't play the second have due to soreness in his knee.  Looks to have this the rest of his career.  He shows glimpses of his old self but really doesnt' have it anymore.  He isn't in the best shape and has the fattest arms for a lanky guy I've ever seen.  He needs to shave 10-15 lbs to get some of his athleticism back.

He is really an enigma to me..   He Shaq, Kimpy KG, rusty Perk and the one shoulder Turk equate to the least athletic frontline in the league.  Yet at the same time potentially they are awesome.  This team often has me scratching my head.

Just hope we have the receipt for JO so we can get some store credit and bring back Sheed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again.

I really hope he's not going to put himself on the shelf again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Yeah, he can't seem to be able to handle the rigors of the NBA game anymore. Time to be put out to stud..JO, we hardly knew ye. Now go quietly into that dark nite.. A.M.F.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

look jo had a key blok shot and has produced. i dont get y doc was playing him 30 minutes. do they ever do that to shaq? he is what he is... shouldnt play more than 15 minutes and break him whenever possible. a 3 man rotation of him, shaq and perk should make up the BEST center in the league... dwight howard will want no part of that..soreness just is. could have just been precautionary...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't like it.  Hope it's not true, but not too surprised if it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yep, jer-lame o'knee-l

i cringed when we signed him.  how long do we keep the chum on the roster.  he is out three times longer than he's in.  he proved himself last year when miami played him 30 mins for about 30 games to end the year and then he evaporated vs. the C's in the playoffs and turned in one of the most miserable performances i've ever seen.

and then danny goes and "coaxes him" out of possible retirement with a 2 year deal, overpaid at that.

i guess it's  just a waiting game.  forget the "cap space"- the contract is not tradeable because of the new CBA looming.  another brilliant ainge move of buying rotten groceries on a subscription basis after the current CBA lapses- first sheed, now jer-lame = looking to be straight write off losses.

i say we go for the yao refund on cap space and get the guy off the books and make a move. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I told you so!!

The best we can hope is that Ainge can move him and the other team buys him out for cap space. Other than that we are stuck with him.

It was just a matter of time.

Anyone want to revisit the 3-way deal I proposed two weeks ago??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again.:
    I told you so!! The best we can hope is that Ainge can move him and the other team buys him out for cap space. Other than that we are stuck with him. It was just a matter of time. Anyone want to revisit the 3-way deal I proposed two weeks ago??
    Posted by BiasLewis

You're one dumb engineer. Even if you buy out the player it will still count against the salary cap.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

JO is not gone, he's just off and on.  We're just going to have him in stretches.  He'll wind up being the #3 or #4(if you put Semih ahead of him) center after we get Perk back next month.
    But I think Perk sees himself playing in LA come Jan 30, tho.  Great work ethic as far as the rehab.  Oked for contact drills.  Now if only he could apply the same ethic to his shooting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

JO is not gone, he's just off and on.  We're just going to have him in stretches.  He'll wind up being the #3 or #4(if you put Semih ahead of him) center after we get Perk back next month. But I think Perk sees himself playing in LA come Jan 30, tho.  Great work ethic as far as the rehab.  Oked for contact drills.  Now if only he could apply the same ethic to his shooting.
    Posted by breaktime

Perk already said he's worked on his shooting, specifically the 15-18 footers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again. : You're one dumb engineer. Even if you buy out the player it will still count against the salary cap.
    Posted by P34

You're just dumb. Read what I said...you TRADE him first and then let the other team buy him out. Do you read??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again. : You're just dumb. Read what I said...you TRADE him first and then let the other team buy him out. Do you read??
    Posted by BiasLewis

Dumb as an ox you are! Even if the other team buys him out it will still count against their salary cap. In other words it will NOT help them save cap space. Is that so hard to understand?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

where is this being reported?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

where is this being reported?
    Posted by jdm894g

It's alluded to in a sentence in the lead article here.
    http://www.celticsblog.com/
    Otherwise, I think it's because he didn't come back for the 2nd half last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to JO looks to be on the shelf again.:
    JO didn't play the second have due to soreness in his knee.  Looks to have this the rest of his career.  He shows glimpses of his old self but really doesnt' have it anymore.  He isn't in the best shape and has the fattest arms for a lanky guy I've ever seen.  He needs to shave 10-15 lbs to get some of his athleticism back. He is really an enigma to me..   He Shaq, Kimpy KG, rusty Perk and the one shoulder Turk equate to the least athletic frontline in the league.  Yet at the same time potentially they are awesome.  This team often has me scratching my head. Just hope we have the receipt for JO so we can get some store credit and bring back Sheed!
    Posted by celticjay

Jermaine has had nothing left for the last few years - after beating Miami in the playoffs last year you really have to wonder why Danny thought he was the best $6million investment he could make.  If someone in real life made that investment they would be sitting with a stock that he paid $6million for that is worth about $2million, an investment that no investment advisor would have given the green light too.

Danny was so afraid of the Lakers' after the playoffs last year that he felt he needed to add lots of size.

What Danny probably didn't think of, even though his coach publicly stated it, was that if his point guard could shoot, they would have won the championship.

When the opponent doubles off your point guard on every possession and laugh themselves into wetting themselves and groin pulls as they go back to the bench at the end of every quarter and half while your point guard pounds the ball into the floor and then is forced to toss up what most point guards consider routine jumpers and barely catches iron you lose.

Not even attempting routine jumpers, 26% from the line, unable to keep Derek Fisher from having a career game even though he is a dozen years older, and so on and so forth cost you the ring, not the size of the Lakers.

Ask Coach K if the Cs size cost them the title...... he would try not to laugh too hard and then make some politically correct statement.

When all is said and done is there any rational Cs fan that thought that Jermaine would miss fewer than 50 games this year - not this rational Cs fan.  I had Jermaine for at least 50 and Shaq for 30 and trying to hang on for the 3rd or 4th seed. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

well, they have options to figure out with JOs knee.  whatever is wrong with it who knows.  If it is strucurally OK and just swells, they can cortizone the knee or do some other things.  he's willing to come out and try to play and has been valuable on the floor lately.  You could see him limping on the knee during the game so I was not surprised to see him out of the 2nd half of a blow out game.  I'd like to see him get it together and win a title with the Celtics.  I like seeing some of the older players get a chance at a title at the end of their careers.  You might not see it, but JO would probably do/give anything to get an NBA Champ ring before he retires.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The C's need to try to move him ASAP. I think it's going to depend on Perk's return and how he looks. I know I know...who's going to want him?? You try to trade him while he's playing before he goes on the injured list. Someone will take him unless his knee is just shot. He must play though. Personally I think he's milking it because he knows once Perk returns he could be shipped to a non-contender. So by not playing no one will touch him.

The only way I think AInge can move him is to package him with another player. JON isn't going to retire so Ainge has to figure out a way to unload him. Sometimes you have to make a move so NOT making a move doesn't come back to haunt you later...as in next year. If he's having this many issues this year what's it going to be like next year?? At some point guys become UN-dependable and he's reaching that point. Erden at least will play and even if he's fouling or not filling the stat sheet he's on the court giving other bigs rest. JON refuses to play unless he's feeling as good as the off season. Get him outta here!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again. : Dumb as an ox you are! Even if the other team buys him out it will still count against their salary cap. In other words it will NOT help them save cap space. Is that so hard to understand?
    Posted by P34

Actually, Bias is right on this one.  If a team buys out a contract, the contract still counts against their salary cap but the LUXURY TAX IS GONE!!!   So, for teams at or near the cap, a buyout is a good thing and that's why many do it.  See below:

It absolutely benefits the team financially IF they are over or close to the salary tax. Whenever a team goes over the cap they owe the league a dollar for dollar "luxury tax". 

For example, let's say that the GSW are over the cap and Foyle is due $10 million dollars this year. (a number I made up.) 

Scenario 1
    The GSW pay Foyle his $10 million to sit on the bench 
    AND
    they pay the league $10 million luxury tax 
    Scenario
     1 total cost to GSW=$20 million

Scenario 2
    The GSW pay Foyle his $10 million and release him
    Scenario 2 total cost to GSW=$10 million

Scenario 2 also offers GSW some options as they now have a roster spot open. They can leave it unfilled or sign someone for $2 million (or $1 million or $3 million--you get the idea). Even then their tax cost to the league would be less than if they kept Foyle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

again, lets try not playing him 30+ minutes going forward... no reson he shoul ever play more than 15-20 minutes for now... period! we should ahve a 3man center rotation at all times with erden-jo-shaq! after perk returnn: perk-shaq-jo..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I told you it was a dumb signing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I can't believe JO scored 6 points and grabbed 3 rebounds, against the Bulls, from the shelf.

HAHAHA!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I can't believe JO scored 6 points and grabbed 3 rebounds, against the Bulls, from the shelf. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Yes outstanding job by JO......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I still can't believe that DA passed up on Tyson Chandler. Picked Giddens over Deandre Jordan, picked Bradley over James Anderson and Damion James. I am still shaking my head over the trade for Nate Robinson. Despite what I think were dumb moves by DA I still feel pretty confident in another title year for the Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: JO looks to be on the shelf again. : Yes outstanding job by JO......
    Posted by KGLove

There were a lot of people here saying that JO wouldn't play tonight. Guess Doc fooled all of them, huh?

Sections
Shortcuts