JO the Only Center Left?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: JO the Only Center Left?

Doesn't look like we'll have a strong team next year in terms of bigs. I really might not be expecting much, but then again Danny has made bold moves, so I will never entirely write our ability to make a move off. Hopefully we give someone like Jordan Williams or Trey Thompkins a workout and evaluate if they can become a post player for us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I'd be shocked of Jerlame O'Neal was suited up for us next year.  Look at all the crap he had to go through just to get a streak of 20 games straight on the floor.  He'll have more issues next year, he always does.  He's not reliable, and I'd bet that he'll retire too

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Let's hope JO does retire. Make a clean break of it and try to put the blunder of the Perkins deal behind us. Priority has to be acquiring a serviceable starter and backup at the five. Could obviously use a legitimate 4 as well (i'd move on from Baby as i think we're on diminishing returns territory). If he stays, Jeff Green is not a 4 and will never be one, and if the team was going to acquire someone with his basic skill set it seems like it would have made more sense to get someone who could have spelled both Pierce and Allen (Green is also clearly not a 2). As constituted, the Celts look very weak up front. I'd bring back West as he is serviceable at two positions. Sign Green, simply because they have some control over him and there is such a dearth of young talent, and go about trying to piece together enough of a bench to make another (last?) run. Not sure there's enough in the tank, but the alternative is blowing it up and waiting a long time for another opportunity. Just a shame we couldn't have gotten one more ring out of this bunch. They definitely had two in them, but it just didn't happen. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we have no center; way to go Danny

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left?:
    [QUOTE]we have no center; way to go Danny
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

This is why Semih was so valuable to us, but Danny traded him away for a 2nd round pick. I can remember some posters here saying Kristic was way better than Semih, but looks like he will bolt overseas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

this will be an interesting off season to say the least.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't look like we'll have a strong team next year in terms of bigs. I really might not be expecting much, but then again Danny has made bold moves, so I will never entirely write our ability to make a move off. Hopefully we give someone like Jordan Williams or Trey Thompkins a workout and evaluate if they can become a post player for us.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

WHO?...Jordan Williams and Trey Tompkins?!

Is this really what has become of this once proud organization?!

February 24, 2011...the day the Boston Celtics began their slide back to irrelevancy (or mediocrity...your choice).

Los Angeles Lakers, the best run franchise during the past 25 years. I really don't think Kevin McHale wil be there to bail Danny out again. Maybe there's another over-the-hill, broken down player that DA can overpay for this off-season!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : WHO?...Jordan Williams and Trey Tompkins?! Is this really what has become of this once proud organization?! February 24, 2011...the day the Boston Celtics began their slide back to irrelevancy (or mediocrity...your choice). Los Angeles Lakers, the best run franchise during the past 25 years. I really don't think Kevin McHale wil be there to bail Danny out again. Maybe there's another over-the-hill, broken down player that DA can overpay for this off-season!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

HA, If you say Mchale bailed out Danny, the what do you think West did? He practically gave the Lakers Gasol for nothing! Oh yeah, you seem to forget that Celtics have 29 million in players salaries in 2012, Lakers 92 Million!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget before the Lakers got back to the Finals they didn't make the playoffs in 2005 and got eliminated in the 1st round in 2006 and 2007. If the Celts go down first it only means the Celts will also go up first. The Celts will most likely start rebuilding next season. The Lakers will have to wait until 2014, when the contracts of Kobe and Gasol are gone. So good luck to the Laker fans and their middle of the pack team Lakers. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

DANNY AINGE!!!

Really, do I have to spell it out for you.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I second the motion that JON should retire before next season. In fact, Danny Ainge should either try to buy out his contract (if he doesn't retire voluntarily) or trade him to a team looking for cap relief.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : Because of Danny Ainge the Celtics have a top 10 protected pick in 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]If a pick is top-10 protected, that means the team who originally owned the pick (LA Clippers) gets to keep it if the pick ends up being in the top 10. Let's not shower Danny Ainge with congratulations just as yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorwayBoy. Show NorwayBoy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : If a pick is top-10 protected, that means the team who originally owned the pick (LA Clippers) gets to keep it if the pick ends up being in the top 10. Let's not shower Danny Ainge with congratulations just as yet.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
    Top ten protected until 2016. So lets hope Clippers have a bad 2015/16 season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : This is why Semih was so valuable to us, but Danny traded him away for a 2nd round pick. I can remember some posters here saying Kristic was way better than Semih, but looks like he will bolt overseas.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Semih.  He probably would have been a help for the Celtics next season. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]They should have kept Kendrick Russell.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Exactly - he missed most of the season, was not good when he came back too soon, got hurt after a dozen games, then missed a bunch more games for the Thunder, then was a complete no show in the playoffs, then after the playoffs, he would have walked away because Danny was not going to pay him what he thinks he was worth and he would have gotten nothing but instead he got a good young player who was a starter on a playoff team who has good athleticism, can shoot, can back people down, is a potential building block, and also got a back up center....... I can certainly agree at this stage they should have kept Kendrick Hakeem Kareem Patrick the Admiral Dwight Alonzo Perkins........duh

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE] ... they should have kept Kendrick Hakeem Kareem Patrick the Admiral Dwight Alonzo Perkins........duh
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You forgot "Shaquille" - his 8th nameSurprised

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : The Celtics don't need a pick inside the top 10. If the Celts can get Austin Rivers with the 11th, 12th or 13th pick then the Celts ended up getting more than just Jeff Green and a 1st round pick, the Celts ended up getting Doc Rivers' son! Don't get me wrong, the Celts will not become instant contenders with Austin Rivers. It's the drama of a father coaching his own son in the pros is what is very intriguing.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The Celtics don't need a pick inside the top 10?????

Let's see the Mavs are playing the Heat...... Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Marion, Chandler are playing against Bibby, Wade, LeBron, and Bosh......

The series prior to that Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, and Odom were playing the above mentioned Mavs while the Heat were finishing off Shaq, KG, Pierce, and Ray.......

If the Cs don't need top 10 picks, then um.... you must be saying they don't want to compete let alone contend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I have to admit that I'm with The Dudder about Perkins. He was worth nothing this year for any team in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts