JO the Only Center Left?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: JO the Only Center Left?

In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : This is why Semih was so valuable to us, but Danny traded him away for a 2nd round pick. I can remember some posters here saying Kristic was way better than Semih, but looks like he will bolt overseas.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]
    If Erden had been traded for a 2nd round pick for next year's draft, which figures to be deep, the trade wouldn't have been so bad. Ainge traded Erden to create a roster spot for Murphy who was a non-factor for Boston this year and will more than likely not return next year. Danny Ainge got rid of a 6-11" athletic Center with a great motor and a great deal of potential for absolutely nothing. Now Boston only has Jermaine O'Neal for the 5. I still can't figure out what was going through Ainge's mind. Then again, I still can't figure out why he didn't draft Deandre Jordan or James Anderson.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

we just have room for dwight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Stupid Homer Checklist...

[ ] Hate Danny Ainge

[ ] Think Perk was the difference between winning and losing in the Miami series

[ ] Believe the Refs are out to get us

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : This is why Semih was so valuable to us, but Danny traded him away for a 2nd round pick. I can remember some posters here saying Kristic was way better than Semih, but looks like he will bolt overseas.

I've read and heard multiple reports that Semih was pretty clear that he was going back to Turkiye. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : Exactly - he missed most of the season, was not good when he came back too soon, got hurt after a dozen games, then missed a bunch more games for the Thunder, then was a complete no show in the playoffs, then after the playoffs, he would have walked away because Danny was not going to pay him what he thinks he was worth and he would have gotten nothing but instead he got a good young player who was a starter on a playoff team who has good athleticism, can shoot, can back people down, is a potential building block, and also got a back up center....... I can certainly agree at this stage they should have kept Kendrick Hakeem Kareem Patrick the Admiral Dwight Alonzo Perkins........duh
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Also forgot Wilt and Bill........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : WHO?...Jordan Williams and Trey Tompkins?! Is this really what has become of this once proud organization?! February 24, 2011...the day the Boston Celtics began their slide back to irrelevancy (or mediocrity...your choice). Los Angeles Lakers, the best run franchise during the past 25 years. I really don't think Kevin McHale wil be there to bail Danny out again. Maybe there's another over-the-hill, broken down player that DA can overpay for this off-season!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Hey Q, I think that you need to change that pic of the Aztec calendar to the Taco Bell chihuahua. There are two reasons why I say this: 1. you are just as annoying as that d*ng little dog, 2. You are, like the rest of the Laker trolls that come on here, like those annoying little dogs in that y'all bark and make tons of noise but when you make an aggressive move towards it, the dog will run away until it is a good distance from you. Only when it is at a safe distance will it turn around and start barking again. That's a Laker troll. When the Lackers lose or get whooped y'all disappear. When the Lackers win again y'all come onto this board and start all of ya'lls barking. You epitomize the Lakers, no class.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : Also forgot Wilt and Bill........
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]
    Hey terrapin I think that you need to change your handle from terrapin to "pair of twins!" I salute you, sir!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : HA, If you say Mchale bailed out Danny, the what do you think West did? He practically gave the Lakers Gasol for nothing! Oh yeah, you seem to forget that Celtics have 29 million in players salaries in 2012, Lakers 92 Million!!!

Hey Einstein, Jerry West retired from the Grizzlies in 2007. The Lakers didn't trade for Gasol until Feb 2008. If you're going to make accusations, at least check the facts so you don't make yourself look stupid.

Oh!...too late!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget before the Lakers got back to the Finals they didn't make the playoffs in 2005 and got eliminated in the 1st round in 2006 and 2007. If the Celts go down first it only means the Celts will also go up first. The Celts will most likely start rebuilding next season. The Lakers will have to wait until 2014, when the contracts of Kobe and Gasol are gone. So good luck to the Laker fans and their middle of the pack team Lakers. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sybil, you're so easy. Since the Lakers moved to L.A., they've missed the playoffs a TOTAL of 4 times. That's FOUR times in 51 years.

I'm too lazy to check, but I'm pretty certain the C's have missed the playoffs a LOT more than 4 times during the same time.

And I found an interesting tidbit of infomation...the Lakers actually have 17 championship titles! Yes, they won one title as a part of the National Basketball League, the forerunner to the NBA! Well, they and the Basketball Association of America (of which the Celtics were a member of) merged to form the NBA. The Celtics NEVER won a title in the BAA. SO, in reality, the Lakers and the Celtics actually are tied with 17 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Oh wait till LakerNation and the rest read about this!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO the Only Center Left? : Hey Q, I think that you need to change that pic of the Aztec calendar to the Taco Bell chihuahua. There are two reasons why I say this: 1. you are just as annoying as that d*ng little dog, 2. You are, like the rest of the Laker trolls that come on here, like those annoying little dogs in that y'all bark and make tons of noise but when you make an aggressive move towards it, the dog will run away until it is a good distance from you. Only when it is at a safe distance will it turn around and start barking again. That's a Laker troll. When the Lackers lose or get whooped y'all disappear. When the Lackers win again y'all come onto this board and start all of ya'lls barking. You epitomize the Lakers, no class.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Tex, like most of the posters on this board, you had me in stitches!!

Funny that you should mention chihuahuas...I grew up with chihuahuas. And they're fiercely loyal dogs. In my case, she was fiercely loyal to my mom. But people like you misunderstand them. Just like me...I'm misunderstood. I'm sure most of the regulars on this board will tell you that I don't "cut and run". I was probably the first poster after the Lakers lost in the playoffs to appear here. And in fact, that's probably a source of irritation for some here. Oh well, I don't lose sleep over what others think about me. I've got pretty thick skin.

But, I've got to give you props for knowing the Aztec calendar. I doubt that most Bostonians and easterners in general would know what that is. Thanks for the suggestion...but I think I'll stick with the calendar. It better represents my heritage. But since we're suggesting changes, I have one for the Celtics organization. Why don't they change that Celtics logo to a picture of the Titanic. I think that ALSO is a better representation of their organization. HAH!

(Damn...I'm funny!!)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Flip-flopping, Qdaddy? Titles Boston 17. L.A. 16 (There...fixed it for you.) Source: ESPN;Sporting News;USA Today; CNN/SI;NBA.com;Hoopsworld;MSNBC;Yahoo Sports;CBS Sports;any other media outlet reporting on the National Basketball Association and it's history. Re: 1987-2007 Where were you Boston? posted at 6/1/2011 6:16 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a&plckUserId=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a " /> Qdaddy Posts: 735 First: 1/15/2010 Last: 6/3/2011 In Response to  Re: 1987-2007 Where were you Boston? : In Response to Re: 1987-2007 Where were you Boston? : Titles Boston 17 -  L.A. 11  'nuff said. Posted by jtkl Titles Boston 17. L.A. 16 (There...fixed it for you.) Source: ESPN;Sporting News;USA Today; CNN/SI;NBA.com;Hoopsworld;MSNBC;Yahoo Sports;CBS Sports;any other media outlet reporting on the National Basketball Association and it's history.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I'm just reporting what's out there. Wikipedia just happened to put it out there. Before the NBA, there was the National Basketball League and the Basketball Association of America. These two merged to form what today is the NBA.

Just because we have the Super Bowl, do we discard all of the football championships that the Packers, Bears and Browns won? If you go to the NFL Hall of Fame, you'll see the past champions of the NFL. And I'm pretty certain if you go to the NBA's Hall of Fame, you'll see the past champions of the NBA, including those that formed the NBA.

I'm just sayin'...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts