Joey Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

Joey Crawford

That dude does not need to ever do anothers Celtics game ever.He was a MAJOR reason the Knicks won. Not the only reason but a major one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Joey Crawford

He totally took that game from the Celtics. The T on Sasha, foul on Daniels at end and no call on KG at end. He stinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

That 4th Quarter...   The officials were as bad as that ref who went to jail said they were. I'm going to watch it again to be sure. It looked like a team effort... not just Crawford, but he led the way.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of the others that certain officials definitely favor certain teams and usually not the Celtics. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Joey was their sixth man.  He is the worst ref they have.  We got none of the same calls they got at the end of the game and that just kills you.

But, we still made bad plays, as well.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Joey Crawford sucks but we scored 35 points in the 3rd quarter but only 17 in the fourth.  We have to close and we have to have that offense deep in the fourth quarter.  That is when games are decided.

Calls are not going to always go our way but if we score baskets, we win the game easily.  We stopped executing down the stretch and that killed us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Hard to see so called bostonfans blaming losses on refs when in fact the Celtics were the sole reason for their demise. Unlike PP, boston fans should man up or shut up.

Bleed green!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Home teams win in this league, guys!!  All those "blocked shots" that weren't called are fouls in our place.  Home team always shoots more FT's in close games than the visitors.  Visitors can win, but they must clearly outplay the other team.  Check out any other close games today, and you'll see!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

A bush performance by an NBA officiating crew...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Crawford's call on Pavlovic who was hacked by Anthony was the call that defined everything.  Crawford was saying, "you can only win today if you play perfectly, this a W for the Knicks we were told to get them out of the gate today."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Today's game a perfect example why the NBA is becoming a second tier professional league.Yes the Celts played poorly in the first half but that is why they play 4 quarters just like yesterday's Pats game. However the Refs had nothing to do with the final out come yesterday.

The one play that bugged me was the close up on Anthony and Pavlovic and Anthony was pushing and shoving they called a T foul and Anthony walked away laughing. You absollutely knew it (the T) was called because it was Anthony vs a  no name. Yes Pav probably said something but Anthony was pushing and shoving pav.
    Same thing when Anthony had the ball knocked out his hands late in the 4th and they called a foul on the No Name Celt again. You always know in the NBA that the stars do nothing wrong when they go against a no name player. It happens all the time. It is so flagrant in every single game. All fouls go for the star and not for the no name.
    No other sport is as bad as the NBA. It is why it suks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Crawford":
    Joey Crawford sucks but we scored 35 points in the 3rd quarter but only 17 in the fourth.  We have to close and we have to have that offense deep in the fourth quarter.  That is when games are decided. Calls are not going to always go our way but if we score baskets, we win the game easily.  We stopped executing down the stretch and that killed us. Posted by Petey62
    KG has got to man up and go to the rim especially in the 4th....shooting jumpers when a guard gets a mismatch with him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I was travelling, listening to the Knicks broadcast.  Even Frazier, the color man for the Knicks, was openly criticizing Crawford's reffing.  In particular, Frazier mentioned several times that it was embarassing watching the Knicks get a win like that.

He's right.  Crawford has used up his good tidings with this league.  I don't care what gets called, as long as it's called both ways.  And Tyson Chandler having only 1 foul was just a disgrace, especially compared to the C's big men.

Refs made sure the Knicks would be in the bonus halfway through the 4th.  Teams cannot beat their opponent and the refs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I did not like the afficiating but this bald head is born to mess with Boston fans. I think the all the home games at Garden should have a few banners on this F'r how miserable he is with not only his actions but his looks too. That will take care of everything.

But I think this lost also to do with Celtics plays as well. I can not believe that Doc designed a play for Daniels to shoot three in final seconds. I am in awe of Doc's plays usually but this play is going to make Doc sleepless tonite. They did not have anyone who can shoot a consistent three other than Ray Ray. Final KG should have been a foul call on stupid BW, here I blame the ref's. I hope Pietrus and Paul can join them soon so for these final shots they have some other options.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In Response to Re: Joey Crawford:
    Today's game a perfect example why the NBA is becoming a second tier professional league.Yes the Celts played poorly in the first half but that is why they play 4 quarters just like yesterday's Pats game. However the Refs had nothing to do with the final out come yesterday. The one play that bugged me was the close up on Anthony and Pavlovic and Anthony was pushing and shoving they called a T foul and Anthony walked away laughing. You absollutely knew it (the T) was called because it was Anthony vs a  no name. Yes Pav probably said something but Anthony was pushing and shoving pav. Same thing when Anthony had the ball knocked out his hands late in the 4th and they called a foul on the No Name Celt again. You always know in the NBA that the stars do nothing wrong when they go against a no name player. It happens all the time. It is so flagrant in every single game. All fouls go for the star and not for the no name. No other sport is as bad as the NBA. It is why it suks.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

The NBA is a business 1st and foremost. They need their stars to shine. Noone is going to see fair play in this league anymore. It's all about the $dollars$, and there's a lot of it going around. They don't care about making a better product. Just raking in the revenue. Individual faces are what sells this league. Not a legit game. It's always going to be a game of special treatment shown to the faces who help sell the league. Welcome to the NBA, where rigged games happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

If Pierce were playing, we would have won by 15 +.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I did not like the afficiating but this bald head is born to mess with Boston fans. I think the all the home games at Garden should have a few banners on this F'r how miserable he is with not only his actions but his looks too. That will take care of everything. But I think this lost also to do with Celtics plays as well. I can not believe that Doc designed a play for Daniels to shoot three in final seconds. I am in awe of Doc's plays usually but this play is going to make Doc sleepless tonite. They did not have anyone who can shoot a consistent three other than Ray Ray. Final KG should have been a foul call on stupid BW, here I blame the ref's. I hope Pietrus and Paul can join them soon so for these final shots they have some other options.
    Posted by lhtak

I don't think the play was designed for Quis.  The play was designed for Ray but they covered him so he drove.  When they covered that, he had no choice but to pass to Quis who shot the 3.  That was a broken play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mondomara. Show mondomara's posts

In Response to Re: Joey Crawford : As Doc has said many times, there is no sense going to the rim at the end of a game. The refs will not make a foul call that decides a game. That's why all NBA teams set up plays for jump shooters at the end of games.
    Posted by Kirk6

Could've fooled me....looked like Anthony got the call with 16 seconds left by driving to the basket.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

and.....that's why Paul is so darned important.  He's really the only player (and maybe Jeff would have done some of this) to be able to go to the basket and get his own decent shot.   Clearly, the Captain was missed today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Joey Crawford :   Could've fooled me....looked like Anthony got the call with 16 seconds left by driving to the basket.
    Posted by mondomara

Anthony got stripped cleanly and just fell down so they gave him the call.  That's exactly the issue being raised.....the calls are at the whim of the ref.  

I'm not saying that's the only reason we lost.  We clearly didn't have any offense execution in the last 6 minutes.  Pathetic.   That's the main reason we lost.  But, Crawford gave us a raw deal, as well.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Re: Joey Crawford : I don't think the play was designed for Quis.  The play was designed for Ray but they covered him so he drove.  When they covered that, he had no choice but to pass to Quis who shot the 3.  That was a broken play.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I dont think the play was designed fo Quis either but it ended up him taking the 3-shot. There is no way he should be there for the final seconds. I understands Doc's dilemma with Paul not playing. But they needed shooters and KG for the final shot.
    I think they have good enogh team when they are healthy. I hope KG will mark his calander for the next Knick game and show BW what he is made of.

Sections
Shortcuts