John Wall fastest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: John Wall fastest?

In Response to John Wall fastest?:
    [QUOTE]I was reading the Celtic column here today where I think Doc said hes never seen a player faster, on the dribble baseline to baseline, than John Wall.. or something like that. Well, for those of you that can remember, there was a guy that played for the Buffalo Braves (with Bob McAdoo) named Randy Smith. This dude looked like Usain Bolt dribbling a basketball. Just lightning..   Also would maybe throw Tiny into the argument and even Rondo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

When you have a pull up jumper, that makes you even faster. And apparently JWall does.

Too bad he is limping right now. A head to head with Rondo would be interesting.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wall's jump shot needs work.  He gets most of his scoring on drives to the basket.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: John Wall fastest?:
    [QUOTE]Wall's jump shot needs work.  He gets most of his scoring on drives to the basket.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

In his recent triple double, he hit 5 shots (missed 7) beyond 18 feet. He isn't a reluctant shooter by any stretch.

Give him a full season to polish his J.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

A motivated rookie 76er named Allen Iverson, just out of high school, was extremely fast - baseline to baseline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Wall fastest? :   In his recent triple double, he hit 5 shots (missed 7) beyond 18 feet. He isn't a reluctant shooter by any stretch. Give him a full season to polish his J. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

John Wall is going to be an elite PG in this league for a long time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rod Foster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will put Rondo and Wall at one end of the court racing to the other end.  Rondo will win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He's very similar to Rondo. Gets a ton of steals too"

He's similar but he's quite a bit bigger. I expect his jump shot to improve faster also. I'm not sure he has quite the ability of Rondo to see the floor and distribute, though Wall is an excellent passer also. As much as I like Rondo, I see Wall's ceiling as higher if he can work at his game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hswiseman. Show hswiseman's posts

Wall has sore feet...should be wearing BALL'N with d3o

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]" He's very similar to Rondo. Gets a ton of steals too" He's similar but he's quite a bit bigger. I expect his jump shot to improve faster also. I'm not sure he has quite the ability of Rondo to see the floor and distribute, though Wall is an excellent passer also. As much as I like Rondo, I see Wall's ceiling as higher if he can work at his game. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I also think that Wall has a higher cieling.  You can't teach 6-4.  He showed nice hops in a dunk he had, too.  If he gets a jumper, he'll be tough to guard (too tall for a lot of point guards, too fast for a lot of 2-guards)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from postmodernprimate. Show postmodernprimate's posts

As a Kentucky fan who has seen both players many times up close I can tell you that John Wall is without a doubt the fastest player I've ever seen with the ball in the open court. That is no knock on Rondo who still might be the second fastest player in the NBA and John's equal in short space as an on the ball defender, but on the break John was actually capable of making me question my eyes. He made it appear like you were watching a video game at times. That said, I don't think there's a better fit for the current Celtics roster at this point than Rondo.