JOHN WALL > RONDO!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: JOHN WALL > RONDO!

This is one of your dumbest posts ever, not a good look for you. 

John Wall may or may not be better than Rondo now but he is certainly better in terms of up side assuming he can stay healthier going forward. 

But here's the thing - Wall WAS THE FIRST PICK IN THE DRAFT. Rnndo was the 21st. That's how it goes in the NBA. There was a reason Rondo wasn't picked first. 

Here's an assignment for you while you are Rondo-bashing. 

Go find a point guard in the league drafted 20th or later who is better than Rondo. Have fun with that! Even Steve Nash, somewhat under the radar, went 15th. 

Wall would never be traded for Rondo and a first round pick. Let it go and move on. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

This is one of your dumbest posts ever, not a good look for you. 

John Wall may or may not be better than Rondo now but he is certainly better in terms of up side assuming he can stay healthier going forward. 

But here's the thing - Wall WAS THE FIRST PICK IN THE DRAFT. Rnndo was the 21st. That's how it goes in the NBA. There was a reason Rondo wasn't picked first. 

Here's an assignment for you while you are Rondo-bashing. 

Go find a point guard in the league drafted 20th or later who is better than Rondo. Have fun with that! Even Steve Nash, somewhat under the radar, went 15th. 

Wall would never be traded for Rondo and a first round pick. Let it go and move on. 

Wall makes no one better and despite the flash is not even as valuable as Rondo.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Anyone>Commie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Put Wall with some HOFers... and then you'll really have something special.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"U CLEARLY HAVENRT SEEn him ball lately? total beast. i have no beef with rr. just makin it clear he's the SECOND or even third best pg (after irving) in the east upon his return. "

I'm not going to argue with that, but take a step back and realize that if you are comparing Rondo with two guys who WERE TAKEN NUMBER ONE IN THE DRAFT, that's a relevant point to make in this forum where there are Rondo-haters who see no issue with comparing Rondo to guys who went first in the entire draft. 

Rondo should be compared apples to apples with other point guards drafted 20 or lower who are not on max contracts. 

Your original post implies the Celts made some kind of mistake, when we all know they had no shot to draft these superior young point guards. 

I do think Rondo has historically been a better fit with our guys than Irving or Wall, but I'm not going to sit here and argue that Irving and Wall won't have better careers. 

Some of this goes back to how you and I see the world. You have a tendency to get very excited about what you saw on TV the night before (which is not a bad thing as your passion for the sport is obvoius), whereas I place a bit more of a value on accomplishments and longevity. Right now Rondo has way more accomplishments than those two in the NBA, and I take that into account. 

That said the two of them should be better career wise than Rondo some day and if they weren't, that WOULD REFLECT BADLY ON THEM AS NUMBER ONE PICKS, not on Rondo who is without argument a huge over achiever based on where he was drafted, despite his flaws which are also apparent (and why he slipped to that point in the draft). There are very few all stars of any kind in this league drafted after the 20th pick...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Delete this thread please!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm not going to argue with that, but take a step back and realize that if you are comparing Rondo with two guys who WERE TAKEN NUMBER ONE IN THE DRAFT, that's a relevant point to make in this forum where there are Rondo-haters who see no issue with comparing Rondo to guys who went first in the entire draft. 

Rondo should be compared apples to apples with other point guards drafted 20 or lower who are not on max contracts. 

Rondo himself sees no issue comparing himself to guys who went first in the entire draft. He opened the door to this argument by claiming point blank to being the best PG in the NBA. Bar none.

Keeping with this line of reasoning, your argument is better made with the ultimate R9R-hater himself.... Rajon Pierre Rondo.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Rondo himself sees no issue comparing himself to guys who went first in the entire draft. He opened the door to this argument by claiming point blank to being the best PG in the NBA. Bar none.

Keeping with this line of reasoning, your argument is better made with the ultimate R9R-hater himself.... Rajon Pierre Rondo.

Pud

exactly lovee. fact is i dont care where a guy gets drafted. after a certain point u r what u r. noone brings it up for all star teams or contract negotiations. rr is still good and i like him but overall, wall brings a lot more to the table in less time than rr. i watch the games here and wall has a great feel to the game and has pushed himself up with a huge upside. lots of guys drafted hi dont live up to their potentials, lots of guys get drafted low dont make the leap, some do. u never know. potential means nothing.. i judge by who u r in the right now after a year or 2. look at bradley beal. he is showing star potential, lets c what happens next year. if healthy, wall should make another leap. will rondo?

Rondo has made a leap every year. Also, does Wall grab boards and pass like Rondo does? Is his floor awareness as good? Does he make his teammates better? Could he make a guy like Chris Wilcox look decent? oh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondotat-480x538

Sections
Shortcuts