Johnson #1 trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Johnson #1 trade

Newell big man award, big 10 player of the year, big 10 defensive player of the year, all-american      little light but 7ft2in wingspan, can shoot,   has length and is an athlete so many should be happy  shot blocker    man on man defense weak

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Johnson #1 trade

In Response to Re: Johnson #1 trade:
    The 6’10, 220-pound glass of water can run the floor, jump, and possesses a wingspan that would bring a smile to Jay Bilas’s face. During his senior year at Purdue, Johnson extended his jump shot range and became the Big Ten’s Player of the Year. He used a diverse offensive game and explosive athleticism to score more than 20 points per game as a senior, and defended well enough to be named the Big Ten’s Defensive Player of the Year. He also shoot 80% from the line.
    Posted by Kirk6

You do realize that Marshon Brooks already has the NBA size to play his position and also has the same wingspan...

But hopefully this JJJ kid works out.  Brooks didn't look like he could adjust to not handling the ball constantly and starting.  He didn't look like someone who could come off the bench and only take 5 shots per game...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In Response to Johnson #1 trade:
    Newell big man award, big 10 player of the year, big 10 defensive player of the year, all-american      little light but 7ft2in wingspan, can shoot,   has length and is an athlete so many should be happy  shot blocker    man on man defense weak
    Posted by maryngary

Brooks has the potential to be a great scorer in NBA and would help behind Allen and PP right way. I don't think that was a good trade, Ainge should have kept Marshon Brooks. Too bad...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Johnson #1 trade : Screw Brooks, he's a New Jersey Net who can't defend.
    Posted by Kirk6

Yea but his thing (scoring) instantly translates into the NBA (on a team like New Jersey where he can start and shoot a lot more often)

If Johnson needs to bulk up first, his defensive prowess won't help right away.

We'll see.  I like it.  They got what they needed (size).  I still hope they can sign Chandler or (much more likely) Dalembert

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Kirk6, totally agree.  Brooks appeared to be a scorer but nothing else (not a passer or a defender).  However, the Celtics need capable big men.  JJJ seems to be an athletic big man who has decent offensive skills and can defend.

It's a great accomplishment to be the Big Ten Conference Player of the Year AND the Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

If all JJJ needs to do to improve is get stronger, then I'm happy with the pick.  Now, only if we got lucky enough to see Jeremy Tyler still on the board at #55 that would be even better (oh well, Charlotte just took him).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and we have NO chance with chandler. i hope i'm wrong, but i don't see that as even remotely possible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Johnson #1 trade : Brooks has the potential to be a great scorer in NBA and would help behind Allen and PP right way. I don't think that was a good trade, Ainge should have kept Marshon Brooks. Too bad...
    Posted by jonrob777

So the Cs keep him then how do you address their biggest need which is a big who can defend? Marshon is good but guys his size are a lot easier to come by then a 6 10 athletic guy who can defend score and shoots over 80% from the line....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Well, there's nobody left in the draft that has a prayer of making the team...why bother.  kinda bummed with the JaJuan trade, but I hope he fills out and pans out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

I think overall we should be happy got our big man and one with some upside. Not sure what to think about Etawn. Guess we got another twan.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Let's see how Moore pans out first. He could catch on if he plays the PG position and can defend.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

You do realize that Marshon Brooks already has the NBA size to play his position and also has the same wingspan...

But hopefully this JJJ kid works out.  Brooks didn't look like he could adjust to not handling the ball constantly and starting.  He didn't look like someone who could come off the bench and only take 5 shots per game...

Great post, true marshon is a very good scorer, but the guy had one of the worst usage rates (avg 18fg attempts a game)  the least he could do is drop 25. He aint gonna get more than  5-8 shots a game with the cs. On a team like the the nets he might put up some numbers though. As far as Johnson I really like the pick hes very long,athletic a good weakside defender and can really shoot the mid range shot.  He really fits a need too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think this was a ho-hum draft.  This must be a very small part of the plan Doc and DA have in mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/06/22/draft.prospects/1.html Here's a little bit on Johnson that should cheer you up.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Johnson #1 trade : You think he'll start ahead of Morrow?
    Posted by Mployee8

Why do you love Morrow so much?

Ray Allen is not only the best shooter in the NBA today, he also has an expiring contract that would help the Celtics clear cap space in 2012. Trading Ray Allen is a stupid idea. Just saying?

Ray Allen = Humphries/Petro/Morrow

NJ does this trade as it gives them two legit stars and helps them attract another FA in Gasol, Nene, West, Dalembert, Chandler, etc

Re: What could Ray Allen bring us??

posted at 5/18/2011 2:31 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 6/24/2011
    Ray Allen = Humphries/Petro/Morrow

NJ does this trade as it gives them two legit stars and helps them attract another FA in Gasol, Nene, West, Dalembert, Chandler, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts