1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Johnson and Moore

I like these picks.....

both come in as seniors....meaning they have had time to develop

they were teammates....adds to the chemistry

they came from a winning program with a tradition.....fits the Celtic mold

they were the number 1 & 2 scorers.....both are athletic

Johnson brings size and shot blocking

I really hope Doc gives these guys a chance to play and make a difference.....if the team feels that they have one more run in them....then Doc has to cut down the minutes for the Big 3 and he has to develop his bench....stay tuned!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Johnson and Moore

Duke - I think that's why they drafted them.  And Doc gets a bad rap.  He will play them if they are any good, and defend.  If they don't work, or don't defend, they will sit.  I don't know where this rumor about Doc started, but his history doesn't show it at all!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good point Red.....if they work and have talent then they can play for Doc.....I just saw an article in the Herald....a scout that called the Boston media many years ago told them that they had just gotten a "steal" in Paul Pierce.....that same guy called this writer to tell him that Johnson should've gone much higher and Danny got another steal....although he is thin, he is tough..he runs like a deer and has a nice jump shot and hook....terrific shot blocker...and a good kid....I'm liking this....he is projected by this scout to be able to play center....as he stated...."how many back to the basket centers (Howard) are there in today's NBA"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Anybody who wants to see Moore go crazy on number 1 Ohio State can turn on the Big Ten network at 9pm.  Moore can't jump vwery high, ao it may be hard for him to cover a 2 guarud, but he is strong, clever, and he can drive and get contact.  He also has a decent tear drop and a fair jumper when left open.  Johnson san run with Rondo and finish, and he can cover the shooting guards after they drive by Ray or Rondo-  Baby could not.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree with Kirk, but would "settling" for Aaron Gray be a bad thing?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Johnson and Moore:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnson and Moore : Why settle? The Clippers owner is a cheapskate, and we can get Jordan if we try.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I think Vinny Del Negro will have a coronary if they let Jordan go, but we should certainly try!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kirk enough DeAndre Jordan babble. There is no chance we get him. What is 'whatever it takes"? All we can offer is a sign and trade with Baby, Avery and a few draft picks... he won't be stolen by the MLE thats for sure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree I'd like Jordan too but we may not have enough to get him.

The only way may be
    S&T BBD, Bradley & 2011 #1 (their own pick)

I think Jordan is worth a #1 pick next year. You put him next to Johnson and you have the building blocks for a good tandem for 5-7 years

Rondo
    Moore
    Green
    Johnson
    Jordan

That's a lineup that is solid after the Big 3

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think we sign Kwame Brown for a year then go after DH or Trade up in Draft for Perry Jones and see if we can convert him to play the 5

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnson and Moore : No chance we get him? We could get him if we want him. We have the MLE plus a $2.4 million exemption for Marquis Daniels injury, plus 400K each for Harangoody and Erden. That's $9 million right there.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Season Averages
    Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    10-11 LAC 80 66 25.6 0.686 0.000 0.452 2.6 4.6 7.2 0.5 0.5 1.8 1.3 3.2 7.1
    Career   203 91 19.5 0.649 0.000 0.414 2.0 3.8 5.7 0.4 0.3 1.3 1.1 2.5 5.6
      Sorry, that is not a 9 mill player!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnson and Moore : No chance we get him? We could get him if we want him. We have the MLE plus a $2.4 million exemption for Marquis Daniels injury, plus 400K each for Harangoody and Erden. That's $9 million right there.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Great job, Kirk. Jordan would be a great pick up. While I am still ticked off that he wasn't drafted by Boston in the first place he would make a great addition to the Celtics. Like alot of fans, I didn't think that they could afford him but thanks for correcting us on that. Now if only Danny Ainge were pressured into gettin him. I would be thrilled if Boston could sign Deandre Jordan and the undrafted Greg Smith. Any chance of Boston picking up Rip Hamilton?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

According to the rules you can't sign&trade players using MLE.  So the MLE can't be combined with the trade exceptions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Johnson and Moore : I would be thrilled if Boston could sign Deandre Jordan and the undrafted Greg Smith. Any chance of Boston picking up Rip Hamilton?
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I don't think that there is any chance of Boston picking up Rip Hamilton unless he gets bought out.  Even then, they will be competing with Chicago and Miami for his services.

Clearly Danny has targeted Cap space for 2012.  Otherwise, how does one explain letting TA go.  The $s were not different.  But Memphis gave him one more year.

I believe that Boston is currently exposed in the Jeff Green situation.  If somebody offers him a multi-year deal, Boston will be hard pressed to match.  I just don't see Green as a key player to retain on a rebuilding roster.  He is more like a filler.

If Boston can bring back Green on a 1-year qualifying offer, it will be fantastic.  Otherwise, Boston should look to do a S&T for a big.  This is where Chris Kaman or Nene can be considered.  Both are in the last year of their deals.  Green S&T plus trade exceptions make that possible.  The backup 3 can be covered with the likes of Shane Battier if Nene can be the 5.

Another scenario will be to trade Rondo plus the trade exceptions for Chris Paul.  It looks obvious that CP3 is out of NO after this season.  Unlike NJ, they don't even have an ownership capable of spending.  If CP3 will agree to extend with Boston, this will be an excellent deal.  NO will get a reasonable priced, quality point guard plus some financial flexibility.  Boston can then man the 5 position with Kwame Brown look alikes and still have a fearsome team.

This also helps explain why Harangody and Erdan were traded for a future 2nd round pick.  For the trade exceptions.  And how in the world did Danny manage to trade Marquis to Scaramento?  Was there cash involved?

It will be very interesting to see what the new CBA looks like.  Depending upon the provisions there, Boston can go many ways.  You have to really respect how well Danny has positioned the franchise right now.  Just a break or two and all will be well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.