Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

Davis can back up 3 positions on the Celtics. Jordan wouldgive them an athletic big man, besides Garnett.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

In Response to Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]Davis can back up 3 positions on the Celtics. Jordan wouldgive them an athletic big man, besides Garnett.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Just because DeAndre Jordan is athletic you're going to break up the core of the Celtics? 

Are you high right now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Its a great deal for both teams. The Clippers get rid of a bad contract and the Celtics get a guy who can back up 3 spots off the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]Its a great deal for both teams. The Clippers get rid of a bad contract and the Celtics get a guy who can back up 3 spots off the bench.

You said it yourself, it's a bad contract! 

The Celtics will be going after Dwight Howard in 2012. Why screw it up by taking Baron Davis' contract?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

They probably won't have the cap space,if they resign Perkins or Davis in the offseason anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]They probably won't have the cap space,if they resign Perkins or Davis in the offseason anyways.

Not true. Only Pierce and Rondo are under contract at the end of the 2012 season. That means the Celtics can sign ONE max salary player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

There's one who offseason,before you get to 2012,and Howard is available.
     Do you think the Celtics won't sign either Perkins or Big Baby this offseason?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]There's one who offseason,before you get to 2012,and Howard is available.  Do you think the Celtics won't sign either Perkins or Big Baby this offseason?

If the Celtics sign Perk and BBD for a total of 15m the Celtics will still have room for ONE max player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : Just because DeAndre Jordan is athletic you're going to break up the core of the Celtics?  Are you high right now?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    hahahaha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

waitttt a sec....davis can back up 3 position? where have i been the last 10 years, ive only seen him at the 1 & 2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Davis is on the backside of his career.  No thank you!!!!  Trade makes absolutely no sense!!!!!  Davis is a starter, why would he want to come to Boston and come off the bench?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Baron Davis bring absolutely nothing to the Celtics.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Baron Davis bring absolutely nothing to the Celtics.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

WRONG!

Baron Davis can throw a lob pass from the sunroof of a KIA Optima!

When was the last time a Celtic threw a lob pass from inside a car?

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we have two combo guards already in nate and delonte..aand now you wanna add a 3rd? aand baron davis CAN NOT play the 3 position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : Not true. Only Pierce and Rondo are under contract at the end of the 2012 season. That means the Celtics can sign ONE max salary player.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Thats the million dollar question

Do we let Perk (and maybe Baby) walk after this season with an eye on Howard in the summer of 2012?? Would Howard consider a team of Rondo and a 35 year old Paul Pierce to be the place to spend his prime when Orlando can likely offer more years/$ (even if CBA changes florida remains income tax free). What other teams are out there?

The Clippers w/ a Howard-Griffin-Al-Farouq-Gordon and Bledsoe 5 would be nasty. Baron on the bench in his last year backing up the guards, Gomes as a glue guy 10th man and at least 3 other solid players, a draft pick in the 6-12 range this year, a pick in the teens next year and whatever they can bring in by trading Kaman/Foye exp contract and a sign and trade with DeAndre Jordan (who they couldn't extend if they wanted to make a run at Howard)

There are a few examples of primetime young teams who would be better with Howard than if he joined the Rondo/Pierce Celtics. Even if (as we know) Ray can play till he's 40 and would come back on the cheap.

I really don't know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Knicks will have space for ONE max guy, but will likely only be able to do so if they have a roster of 4 guys heading into the summer. If Landry fields wants any more than a 5/25 million extension they'd have to say goodbye to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perk turned down a deal anywhere from as low as 4/20 to  as high as 4/30. This current knee tweak is to his left knee, likely he has been favoring it as most atheltes with a major knee injury to the other knee do and putting too much pressure on it. But I doubt it is serious enough to keep him from playing well down the stretch and earning more than 4/30.

We can prob offer at most 6/45... the Brendan Haywood cash. And Perk deserves about that.

If we signed him it would mean NO Dwight Howard. but ti would seriously damage our '12 title hopes, and we do have a last gasp in us that season. AND Perk is only 1 year older than Howard. He could be a 12/10/3 guy the next 5 years making 10 million less than Howard and we could spend that $ on a wing to run w/ Rondo and keep Ray/PP's mins down while def keeping Baby.

The percentages would favor Howard signing elsewhere even if we do clear the space.

So what do we do??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

LOL at this trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We could sign Baby for 5/30 and still make a run at Howard with a 52 million+ cap.

Pierce - 16.8
    Rondo - 11
    Baby - 5.25
    Avery - 1.7
    '11 or '12 1st rd pick - 1.25

That is 36 million. You need to be 15 million under the cap to offer a max deal. If the cap stays around the 58 it is now we could easily keep Baby... or give Semih 3-4 million per as a bu which we could not do if it was less, or even add a rumored wing via trade right now like Dudley or Dahntay Jones who makes 2-4 million that year and not hurt our chances.

But w/ Stern saying a 30% drop in salary is needed, you'd think the CBA ends up with at least a 10%-15% drop, and a new cap around 51-53 million.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

As for Baby I think he feels he is worth at least the 5/40 Tyrus Thomas, his old LSU teammate got last summer, esp since he has outplayed him over his career. He is likely going to get the 6th man award this year and finish the season an 11/5 guy leading the league in charges. In 4 years he'll have a ring and been a major player in 3 deep playoff runs. He clearly has the moxie, drive and experience needed to be a glue guy on a team with playoff hopes...even if he stays a 6th man... and he's only 25.

If Baby wants that 5/40 $ we will be likely unable to land Howard unless we trade away Avery and any picks we make in the next 2 June's and have only 3 players under contract summer of 2012.

Ray would likely come back after a Howard (or any) signings for MLE/LLE or vet min $. KG could as well but I'd think it FAR more likely he retire, Ray will have 2 more years in him, till 2014, when he'd be the same age Reg was when he retired and could leave the same year as Pierce.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : You said it yourself, it's a bad contract!  The Celtics will be going after Dwight Howard in 2012. Why screw it up by taking Baron Davis' contract?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    The Lakers will be first in line, as always, for Howard. And they will have Andrew Bynum as bait. Sorry, but that's the way it is with the Lakers. Gobble up everything they need. You think Howard would prefer to live and play in racist and boring Boston better than the glitz and sunshine of L.A.? Muhahahahaha!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : If the Celtics sign Perk and BBD for a total of 15m the Celtics will still have room for ONE max player.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Perk will be going home to Texas, most likely Houston with Yao's retirement and or OKC who would become an instant contender with a good defensive center.

I honestly will be very surprised if there is basketball next year because they are so far apart on the new CBA.

Danny is in a tough position.... if the window is closing (and I think it is) then the combo of Shaq and Davis is a sufficient center combo.

Danny has to try to assess and manage the inevitable end of the big 3.  My assumption is that Danny is walking away when the BIG 3 go because he does not want to or have the energy rebuild a team that is one of the worst in the league.

There are any number of trades that I would make that would have the Cs continuing to be relevant going forward but they are not trades that most people would think are rationale.  Last year I would have traded Rondo for Monta Ellis and Biedrins and Ray Allen for Kevin Martin.  They would have had a great backcourt for the next 6 or 7 years and had a center that is a better shot blocker and a better shooter than Perk and also would have a better coach and of course KG up his a sss in terms of playing defense.

Danny has decided to continue to bring the same team together and hope that additions will get him another or maybe a couple more rings.  Healthy, I think they can wing a couple more rings.  Absent health, they are pretty much done and looking at 20 to 25 wins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Perkins is going no where 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : Perk will be going home to Texas, most likely Houston with Yao's retirement and or OKC who would become an instant contender with a good defensive center. I honestly will be very surprised if there is basketball next year because they are so far apart on the new CBA. Danny is in a tough position.... if the window is closing (and I think it is) then the combo of Shaq and Davis is a sufficient center combo. Danny has to try to assess and manage the inevitable end of the big 3.  My assumption is that Danny is walking away when the BIG 3 go because he does not want to or have the energy rebuild a team that is one of the worst in the league. There are any number of trades that I would make that would have the Cs continuing to be relevant going forward but they are not trades that most people would think are rationale.  Last year I would have traded Rondo for Monta Ellis and Biedrins and Ray Allen for Kevin Martin.  They would have had a great backcourt for the next 6 or 7 years and had a center that is a better shot blocker and a better shooter than Perk and also would have a better coach and of course KG up his a sss in terms of playing defense. Danny has decided to continue to bring the same team together and hope that additions will get him another or maybe a couple more rings.  Healthy, I think they can wing a couple more rings.  Absent health, they are pretty much done and looking at 20 to 25 wins.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Too bad none of those trades 'you' would have made last year were possible... DA discussed Martin for Ray but in the end Houston offered more... and Ellis/Biedrins were never offered for Rondo... but I guess you didn't enjoy the run to the finals game 7 we would have won if not for the refs and perk's injury and i guess you will not enjoy a long playoff run this year if the two players you spew hatred at are involved in it

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts