Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : Perk will be going home to Texas, most likely Houston with Yao's retirement and or OKC who would become an instant contender with a good defensive center. I honestly will be very surprised if there is basketball next year because they are so far apart on the new CBA. Danny is in a tough position.... if the window is closing (and I think it is) then the combo of Shaq and Davis is a sufficient center combo. Danny has to try to assess and manage the inevitable end of the big 3.  My assumption is that Danny is walking away when the BIG 3 go because he does not want to or have the energy rebuild a team that is one of the worst in the league. There are any number of trades that I would make that would have the Cs continuing to be relevant going forward but they are not trades that most people would think are rationale.  Last year I would have traded Rondo for Monta Ellis and Biedrins and Ray Allen for Kevin Martin.  They would have had a great backcourt for the next 6 or 7 years and had a center that is a better shot blocker and a better shooter than Perk and also would have a better coach and of course KG up his a sss in terms of playing defense. Danny has decided to continue to bring the same team together and hope that additions will get him another or maybe a couple more rings.  Healthy, I think they can wing a couple more rings.  Absent health, they are pretty much done and looking at 20 to 25 wins.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

Davis heading to Cleveland

Sections
Shortcuts