Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis:
    In Response to Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis : Perk will be going home to Texas, most likely Houston with Yao's retirement and or OKC who would become an instant contender with a good defensive center. I honestly will be very surprised if there is basketball next year because they are so far apart on the new CBA. Danny is in a tough position.... if the window is closing (and I think it is) then the combo of Shaq and Davis is a sufficient center combo. Danny has to try to assess and manage the inevitable end of the big 3.  My assumption is that Danny is walking away when the BIG 3 go because he does not want to or have the energy rebuild a team that is one of the worst in the league. There are any number of trades that I would make that would have the Cs continuing to be relevant going forward but they are not trades that most people would think are rationale.  Last year I would have traded Rondo for Monta Ellis and Biedrins and Ray Allen for Kevin Martin.  They would have had a great backcourt for the next 6 or 7 years and had a center that is a better shot blocker and a better shooter than Perk and also would have a better coach and of course KG up his a sss in terms of playing defense. Danny has decided to continue to bring the same team together and hope that additions will get him another or maybe a couple more rings.  Healthy, I think they can wing a couple more rings.  Absent health, they are pretty much done and looking at 20 to 25 wins.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Jon and Perkins for Jordan and Baron Davis

Davis heading to Cleveland

Sections
Shortcuts