JON, it's time to retire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: JON, it's time to retire

In Response to JON, it's time to retire:
    [QUOTE]If I could speak with JON, I would tell him "hey buddy, you had a great career but your body has taken too much of a beating. Do yourself and the Boston Celtics a favor and retire. There is nothing to be ashamed of." http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6024092&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

If he can't remain healthy for the rest of the season, he may indeed decide to retire.  He hasn't been able to contribute much this season since he is always injured and it would definitely be an improvement to have someone on the roster who is healthy and not just taking up a roster spot. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

JON responds, "What and leave $8M on the table?" "Why can't I just play sparingly and get my ring" "I'm not retiring, I'm not taking a buyout and I'm not going to have surgery" "I'm going to hang around like a bad zit and when I can play, I'll play" "I'm not going to do what's in the best interest of the C's or myself because I need that $8M and that ring to solidify my career."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He won't leave any money on the table if he takes a buyout, and we can mail him his ring.

Did Aaron McKie get a ring from the lakers, since he's responsible for them getting Gasol?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I know DA is a very smart guy. He is indeed monitoring the progress of JON and at the same time weighing the team's options.

If JON becomes a cancer to the team, I think DA will put some pressure on him, directly or indirectly, to either retire or take a buyout.

If either of the above happens, look for Sheed to join Celtics after the All-Star break.

Time Will Only Tell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to JON, it's time to retire:
    [QUOTE]If I could speak with JON, I would tell him "hey buddy, you had a great career but your body has taken too much of a beating. Do yourself and the Boston Celtics a favor and retire. There is nothing to be ashamed of." http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6024092&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]Would you make the same quote concerning K.G.?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: JON, it's time to retire:
    [QUOTE]JON responds, "What and leave $8M on the table?" "Why can't I just play sparingly and get my ring" "I'm not retiring, I'm not taking a buyout and I'm not going to have surgery" "I'm going to hang around like a bad zit and when I can play, I'll play" "I'm not going to do what's in the best interest of the C's or myself because I need that $8M and that ring to solidify my career."
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
        " I'm going to hang around like a bad zit." That line cracked me up Bias.

Sections
Shortcuts