JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab

Ainge just said the surgery would've just been a cleaning and been out 8 weeks.

I don't like the idea of just rehabbing. This is BS! Didn't he rehab for the last 8 weeks and it didn't help. He should've had the surgery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab:
    Ainge just said the surgery would've just been a cleaning and been out 8 weeks. I don't like the idea of just rehabbing. This is BS! Didn't he rehab for the last 8 weeks and it didn't help. He should've had the surgery.
    Posted by BiasLewis

It is what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Let him rehab but by the time he comes back he'll be out the rotation and Perk will be ready.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Let him rehab but by the time he comes back he'll be out the rotation and Perk will be ready.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Who knows, something unusual might happen and JO gets traded at the trade deadline. The Melo-drama has ended and Melo is still in Denver. Anything can happen before the deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah I'm hoping Ainge can move him. Not having the surgery could be a blessing in disguise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

just what I can figure out is  -  JO had a procedure done on his knee in November, but I could not find any real info on what that prodedure was.  He rehabbed and tried to start playing.  Basically, he did this too soon and the result is bone bruising in his knee.  Ainge made a comment about bone to bone issues, and that means bone bruise.  How bad that issue is - I have no idea, but basically that means his knee issue - is not currently arthritis, or tendonitis, etc etc, so - the additional month of rehab may actually solve the issue and let his knee fully heal.  The only real treatment for a knee bone bruise is rest and ROM excercise.  Keeping his weight down might help too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good explanation but bone on bone cannot be good. No more cartilage so less weight will help but to me it's just a matter of time before it's hurting again. Jumping and running on bone on bone for a big man can't be good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Good explanation but bone on bone cannot be good. No more cartilage so less weight will help but to me it's just a matter of time before it's hurting again. Jumping and running on bone on bone for a big man can't be good.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I think Danny was panic stricken in the off season.  I cannot imagine one Celtics fan, heck one basketball fan that thought JO had anything left.

It stems of course from overvaluing Perk's contribution.  For less money he could have had several guys who would have provided more to their respective teams than JO.  Not sure who was available but Dampier, Haywood, Chandler, Mohammed, Ben Wallace, Kwame Brown, etc. may have been better options.

There is not even a remote possibility in my mind that the Cs would be better than 32 and 9 with Perk as the starting center or a backup center for that matter.

Who cares what happens to JO?  He has contributed nothing to any team for the last 5 years and will never contribute anything to the Cs other than a salary cap hit. 

Please sign in and be vocal - when JO comes back he will make a very important contribution to the Cs chasing number 18..........  come on I dare you......  they have one of the best records without him and would not have a better record with him.....  so why does this thread exist again??????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

It exists because he's on the team and is a 5 time all star.  If he comes back and can play - the team will be better.  I get that you personally don't care and have written the guy off, but it is an ongoing issue - so, we'll talk about it here on boston.com

Incidentally, while reading about JO he started his career with a bone contusion in the same knee - and the bone bruise was an issue in the same knee dating back to 2004.  I also found a few other articles about bone on bone bruising and it is a more common issue than I was aware with NBA players.  Shaq missed several games with a bone bruise just this season.  Brandon Roy missed time with bone on bone bruising and John Wall missed time this year too.

I get that he's seen as a project at this point, and rightly so - but, it is very possible he'll be playing the end of the season and playoffs.  You might want to get used to the idea of rooting for the guy soon enough - he is after all - on the team that you supposedly root for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

It exists because he's on the team and is a 5 time all star.  If he comes back and can play - the team will be better.  I get that you personally don't care and have written the guy off, but it is an ongoing issue - so, we'll talk about it here on boston.com Incidentally, while reading about JO he started his career with a bone contusion in the same knee - and the bone bruise was an issue in the same knee dating back to 2004.  I also found a few other articles about bone on bone bruising and it is a more common issue than I was aware with NBA players.  Shaq missed several games with a bone bruise just this season.  Brandon Roy missed time with bone on bone bruising and John Wall missed time this year too. I get that he's seen as a project at this point, and rightly so - but, it is very possible he'll be playing the end of the season and playoffs.  You might want to get used to the idea of rooting for the guy soon enough - he is after all - on the team that you supposedly root for.
    Posted by jeezem
    WELL SAID.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

to date, jerlame has functioned as big man's fool's gold.  and we are the fools after watching him supposedly healthy shoot 20% against us in last year's playoffs.

many marginal big men changed hands last off season.  i could not believe my ears when ainge marched this guy out as a major addition at MLE.  i mean if shak takes a million to come here, jerlame should have taken no more, but danny was in a giving mood.

but it's water under the bridge.  it's prudent to expect nothing from jerlame as that is the exact sum total of what he has left to give in this league- nothing.  he's been out of shape for years and washed up for longer than his stats show it.  another 18 y/o 'star' ready for the glue factory after 15 years in the league or less.

if perkins comes back and does anything, jerlame will be forgotten about quickly enough. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab : I think Danny was panic stricken in the off season.  I cannot imagine one Celtics fan, heck one basketball fan that thought JO had anything left. It stems of course from overvaluing Perk's contribution.  For less money he could have had several guys who would have provided more to their respective teams than JO.  Not sure who was available but Dampier, Haywood, Chandler, Mohammed, Ben Wallace, Kwame Brown, etc. may have been better options. There is not even a remote possibility in my mind that the Cs would be better than 32 and 9 with Perk as the starting center or a backup center for that matter. Who cares what happens to JO?  He has contributed nothing to any team for the last 5 years and will never contribute anything to the Cs other than a salary cap hit.  Please sign in and be vocal - when JO comes back he will make a very important contribution to the Cs chasing number 18..........  come on I dare you......  they have one of the best records without him and would not have a better record with him.....  so why does this thread exist again??????
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dampier wasn't available this summer, Haywood was signed to a contract for 55 million this summer, Tyson Chandler obviously wasn't available, Mohammed wasn't available, Wallace wasn't available.

Kwame Brown was actually available.  The only bad part about that is that he is Kwame Brown.  

We are talking about free agents here not making a trade.  The only center available that Ainge could have gotten and didn't that was in a similar price range was Brad Miller.

You're right that signing JON was a mistake.  But at the time he was signed Shaq was not in the fold and no one knew anything about Semi.  He was desperate and there really wasn't anyone available that was better.  Other than Shaq and he got him too.  There isn't any point in throwing out a bunch of names of guys who are better than JON if Ainge couldn't have signed any of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab : Dampier wasn't available this summer, Haywood was signed to a contract for 55 million this summer, Tyson Chandler obviously wasn't available, Mohammed wasn't available, Wallace wasn't available. Kwame Brown was actually available.  The only bad part about that is that he is Kwame Brown.   We are talking about free agents here not making a trade.  The only center available that Ainge could have gotten and didn't that was in a similar price range was Brad Miller. You're right that signing JON was a mistake.  But at the time he was signed Shaq was not in the fold and no one knew anything about Semi.  He was desperate and there really wasn't anyone available that was better.  Other than Shaq and he got him too.  There isn't any point in throwing out a bunch of names of guys who are better than JON if Ainge couldn't have signed any of them.
    Posted by Icon11

I believe I specifically stated that I was not sure who was available... but I guess what I was saying is that Danny was scared and overreacted and p issed away 6 million per year.  I would gladly take Wilcox (again not sure if he was available) ahead of JO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: JON to undergo 4 weeks of therapy and rehab : I believe I specifically stated that I was not sure who was available... but I guess what I was saying is that Danny was scared and overreacted and p issed away 6 million per year.  I would gladly take Wilcox (again not sure if he was available) ahead of JO.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I know you did.  I specifically stated that anyone could just throw out a bunch of random names that are better than JON.  You even put Tyson Chandler on your list.  

It's completely pointless to just name a bunch of guys that are better than JON.  Anyone could do that.  But if you look and see who was available there wasn't anyone out there. You mentioned Hayward.  he signed a 6 year 55 million deal with Dallas.  You think he would have taken a 2 year deal for 11 million like JON did?

Yeah Hayward and Chandler would have been better. But there wasn't any way to get them.  so why bring them up? Who cares who you would take over JON if they weren't on the market? Anyone could come up with a list of 20 better centers.

Sections
Shortcuts