Jordan comeback at 50?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jordan comeback at 50?

Rumor has it hes lost 40 pounds, and is thinking of a comeback. He beat Kid Gilchrist in one on one, and says he sees a flaw in Lebron's game. It would be amusing if it happens, but I dont see it. Plus, I'm forced to wonder how big his ego is or how bored he is that he needs this now if thats what is in his mind. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Jordan comeback at 50?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Rumor has it hes lost 40 pounds, and is thinking of a comeback. He beat Kid Gilchrist in one on one, and says he sees a flaw in Lebron's game. It would be amusing if it happens, but I dont see it. Plus, I'm forced to wonder how big his ego is or how bored he is that he needs this now if thats what is in his mind. 

I already started a thread on this!  He said over the weekend he did NOT plan to comeback.  It is not impossible he would suit up for one or two games, becuause of this ego, but I doubt he would do it now!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

You might want to do a little research before you start a thread.

A possible comeback at 50: I've gone through a transition period. It's called time, age, weight. I haven't picked up a ball. No, I'm not going to come back at the age of 50, although in my mind, I'm always going to believe I can play the game of basketball."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-michael-jordan-50-20130217,0,1757975.story?track=rss

You might want to ask me if I care before you post. It's a silly joke, and probably isnt' going to happen. I don't need to do "research" on it. I heard it on ESPN this morning, and thought it was funny so I started a thread. End of story. People on this forum really need to lighten up--this means you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

He's 50 !!!!!  Im 46 and want nothing to do with a bunch of 25 year olds showing me the bottom of their Nike's as they jump over my head. Hell, it probably took Jordan 45 minutes to get out of bed after his one on one with Gilchrist....In my mind. I can still hit the NIghtclubs and pick up 21 yr olds.............Jordan is the perpetual OLD DUDE in the club......say it with me people    FIFTY!!!!!

LOL....now THAT is funny. This is more the spirit of the thread when I started it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kobe already exposed Lebron in the All Star game... Kobe shut him down bigtime and made Lebron eat leather..

Dont think Lebron wasnt humiliated and the NBA cant be too happy either,

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When Havlicek played in the old timers games at like ages 44-48 they said he could still play in the league. but Hondo was also a cardio freak who ran like a 10k a day and half marathon a month into his 50's.

Jordan could surely still play NBA level ball one on one or 3 on 3 in halfcourt games... but he isn't going to be able to play fullcourt basketball against people half his age whatsoever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

A possible comeback at 50: I've gone through a transition period. It's called time, age, weight. I haven't picked up a ball. No, I'm not going to come back at the age of 50, although in my mind, I'm always going to believe I can play the game of basketball."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-michael-jordan-50-20130217,0,1757975.story?track=rss

You might want to ask me if I care before you post. It's a silly joke, and probably isnt' going to happen. I don't need to do "research" on it. I heard it on ESPN this morning, and thought it was funny so I started a thread. End of story. People on this forum really need to lighten up--this means you. 

Laker fans Examiner....go figure. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

Laker fans Examiner....go figure. 

I dont know many posters in the Celtics forum, but yeah, that would explain everything. LOL

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Forget basketball. If Michael Jordan wants to attempt a comeback, he should give baseball another try, only this time sign with a team like the Houston Astros, who would almost certainly call him up to the major leagues as an attendance-boosting novelty gimmick.

Jordan already proved himself as the best basketball player in the history of the game. There's nowhere for his hoops legacy to go but down. That's not the case for him with baseball. He has unfinished business in that department. Playing in a major league baseball game would enchance his resume, even if the main reason it happens would be the cachet of his name.

There've been baseball players who appeared in the majors well into in their 50s. Some of them even enjoyed success. Jordan could easily be a competent 40th man on the 40-man expanded September roster of a major league team. He could make a few pinch-hitting appearances, perhaps play first base for a couple innings. It would be fun.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

A Flaw in LeBrons game?.  What is that Michael?  Jordan was the best of course, but as much as I hate Lebron, I think he would school Michael in 1 on 1 , at any point of MJ's life, period.   Sorry but there is no way Mj D's up Lebron.  Don't care what all those so called experts on ESPN think about Jordan's greatness.  1 on 1 Lebron would destroy him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to mrkite74's comment:

A Flaw in LeBrons game?.  What is that Michael?  Jordan was the best of course, but as much as I hate Lebron, I think he would school Michael in 1 on 1 , at any point of MJ's life, period.   Sorry but there is no way Mj D's up Lebron.  Don't care what all those so called experts on ESPN think about Jordan's greatness.  1 on 1 Lebron would destroy him.

MJ would wreck Lebron one-on-one imo.. did you see Kobe D up Lebron in the allstar game? Kobe would also wup Lebrons butt 1on1..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

LeBron James is obviously a great player, one of the all-time best even if he retired today. But he's still a little overrated. He's not at the same level as Michael Jordan. He's not even as good as Kobe Bryant (comparing apex to apex). Guys like DeShawn Stevenson can shutdown LeBron James defensively, and while LeBron James' clutch play has definitely improved within the last couple seasons, overall he still misses too many big shots and too many important free throws toward the end of games. He also turns the ball over at the worst time imaginable.

I'll give him Game 6 of last year's Eastern Conference Finals. That was Jordanesque. But Jordan made a career out of those kinds of games. LeBron James has only had one or two of those chilling "You can't stop me" games.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts