Jordan Crawford @ the Point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Jordan Crawford @ the Point

Am I reading that correctly. Accoring to Brooks his passing is underated and he can run the floor. He's our floor general until 2014. Not sure what to make of that really. He's got potential, we're not chasing the W so who knows...

Or maybe we're just really driving into a good old tanking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Jordan Crawford @ the Point

Yeah, well definitely the key to losing is playing a lineup of Crawford, Brooks, Wallace, Bass and Humphries ...

though Danny really ruined our Plan-L by trading away Fabulicious

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Yeah, well definitely the key to losing is playing a lineup of Crawford, Brooks, Wallace, Bass and Humphries ...

though Danny really ruined our Plan-L by trading away Fabulicious

LOL, true...thought he was going to be starting PF. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Perfect plan.  Showacse less efficient players.  They scrap and claw.  Nobody will complain about tanking.  There will be some heroic wins.  Mostly, there will be losses.  Perhaps some team looking for bench strength will overpay or, at least, pay fairly to acquire some such players.

The Celts will be placing many bets this season.  Some will win and some will not.  It will be very interesting to wait for the end result.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, ive been saying this for 4mo now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think it will be decided in traing camp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

no I said it first therefore I own the rights to this plan and all related ideas

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Yep, Danny is tanking full speed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

no I said it first therefore I own the rights to this plan and all related ideas

I get your point, but I haven't heard anyone else saying anything good about Crawford on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

I get your point, but I haven't heard anyone else saying anything good about Crawford on this board.

Contrary to your last comment, Crawford has already been characterized (on this board) as potentially the best ball distributor on the roster. Further, he sees the floor better and may be the best passer. His problem in the past is erratic shot selection perhaps because he felt that he needed to score more.

The question to be answered is whether he can change his focus to managing the team as a priority instead of first looking for his shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Sounds like people are reading too much into some talking sports empty-head from Bleacher Report.

Crawford is indeed a proficient passer. and a dangerous but streaky scorer.

The reason he did not play last year, and the reason that he will not be playing point this year, is because he consistently makes bad decisions on the court.  That does not translate well into the primary skill need of a PG.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Sounds like people are reading too much into some talking sports empty-head from Bleacher Report.

Crawford is indeed a proficient passer. and a dangerous but streaky scorer.

The reason he did not play last year, and the reason that he will not be playing point this year, is because he consistently makes bad decisions on the court.  That does not translate well into the primary skill need of a PG.  

True, but let's not dismiss the FACT that Crawford has the best efficiency/minutes played in recording assists than any of his teammates (RONDO EXCEPTED). What's being discussed here is whether Brad can convince Crawford to manage the team instead of his  scoring average. While Brooks and Bradley show "potential"for the job and while Pressey is both undersized and inexperienced (in the NBA), Crawford has ALREADY demonstrated a proficiency as a distributor.

Crawford is not the first player who never saw a shot he didn't like but the right coaching could change his value to the Celtics and to his NBA career.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts