Jordan Crawford is the problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Jordan Crawford is the problem

I have not made many posts but I enjoy reading everyones threads and comments. After watching the last few games, I realized that Jordan Crawford sucks as a point guard. Not only does he take terrible shots, he walks the ball up the court and the team doesnt start their offense until 10-14 seconds are left on the shot clock. He crosses the half court line with exactly 16 seconds left almost every time. Im sure others have noticed how the second unit has been playing pretty well lately, and i think a huge part of that is the way phil pressey sets up the offense and runs the floor. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet but he knows how to play point guard. JC would be a great sixth man in my opinion because he is a scorer. he can create his own shot better than anyone on the team. I think once Rondo comes back we will see improvements with Jeff Green and some of the others guys who have been disappointing so far. I think the C's have a team that has a few building blocks in Rondo, Sully, and Jeff Green. I know you guys are bashing Green but I see him improving when he has a point guard who can get him the ball in the right spots. Thoughts?

Also, I think Bradley is way over rated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Jordan Crawford is the problem

Jeff Green doesn't need a PG soxpatscelts25.  He needs 3 bonifide scorers on the court with him so he doesn't have to feel the pressure of being a #1 or #2 or #3 scoring option like he is in Boston.

Rondo won't make Green better.  He is what he is - a good team's 4th scoring option who all too regularly disappears for games and stretches within a game.  He can do that being a team's 4th scoring option.

But for a bad team, he's just another bad, inconsistent player like the rest of these Celtics.  Honestly, he reminds me of Gerald Green - fascination with the God-given athletic abilities but just not consistent enough to take advantage of the advantage available with it.

Shoots and misses too many perimeter shots and seems to oftentimes go to the hoop off balance or off the wrong foot which negates his athleticism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:

I have not made many posts but I enjoy reading everyones threads and comments. After watching the last few games, I realized that Jordan Crawford sucks as a point guard. Not only does he take terrible shots, he walks the ball up the court and the team doesnt start their offense until 10-14 seconds are left on the shot clock. He crosses the half court line with exactly 16 seconds left almost every time. Im sure others have noticed how the second unit has been playing pretty well lately, and i think a huge part of that is the way phil pressey sets up the offense and runs the floor. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet but he knows how to play point guard. JC would be a great sixth man in my opinion because he is a scorer. he can create his own shot better than anyone on the team. I think once Rondo comes back we will see improvements with Jeff Green and some of the others guys who have been disappointing so far. I think the C's have a team that has a few building blocks in Rondo, Sully, and Jeff Green. I know you guys are bashing Green but I see him improving when he has a point guard who can get him the ball in the right spots. Thoughts?

+1 on Crawford.  He's terrible.  Lacks the true PG mentality.

-1 on Bradley.  Bradley's an underrated SG.  He's playing well despite an unstable system, and sports above-average defense.  If ever a year began where him and Rondo started out the season healthy, they'd make more than a formidable pair.  Be patient.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I agree that Crawford would be best utilized as an offensive spark off the bench.  But its a bit unfair to blame Crawford for the Celtics woeful play.  Like Bradley last year (and early this season), Crawford is being forced to play out of position as a starter at PG. 

Realistically, soxpatscelts25, the Celtics do not have enough talent and experience to compete at a higher level than they are currently.  I actually think that they are over-achieving without a legit starting PG, no legit starting Center, no back-up at SF (if anyone is the problem, its Wallace), an undersized shooting guard, and a team with only 2 starters and 4 players with exprience on the Celtics from last year, and 2 were injured for much of the time.

This team has a number of major flaws and is just a work in progress at this point.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Crawford isn't the problem.  He isn't the answer either. Just a middle of the road NBA player.  Like we already knew he was. There isn't one guy on the current roster that stands out.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Crawford or Brooks as a third guard?

Right now, it's Crawford.

Let Bradley go - sign Hayward (or Stephenson), draft well, and start playing for next year.

I like:

Rondo/Bayless/Pressey

Hayward/Crawford/Brooks

Green/?

Sully/Hump/?

Oly/Fav/?

I would love to fill those ? with Montejunas and Asik!!  Then, draft the wing players...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

If the Celtics can draft Joel Embiid out of Kansas  then do it. He reminds me of another Olajuwan(sp) They need a bonafide big man, that will put Sullinger back to the PF position. Embiid is 7' and 250lbs. Nice size

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Crawford has been anything but a problem. I am really proud he is a Celtic. His play at point has made these games watchable. Bradley was making me cry at the point, so was Pressey. 

Crawford is still learning and may never be a very good point, but he's better than average and that fact has saved us!

His best role is spark plug but he may become a very good point, who knows? It doesn't happen overnight. Ask Avery!

Pressey is an above average general but he will be out of the league if he doesn't learn to attack, prob the defense with penetration, and hit the kick out shot.

Pressey dribbles on the perimeter waaaay too much.

At his height he needs to use constant quickness by making the D adjust to his penetration. Teams are playing Pressey for the pass. He's predictable. He got to shoot shots in the paint unless there is a sure bet off of a pass.

His pick n rolls are lateral with no penetration. That has to change too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Firs post that I agree 100% with.Indeed Bradley is over rated.The celtis are working very hard to improve his offense,but appears to me that he one dimensional Player.Defense..In my opinion Marshon Brooks will be playing the 2 positio,very soon..Go  celtics

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Let Bradley go - sign Hayward (or Stephenson), draft well, and start playing for next year.

I like:

Rondo/Bayless/Pressey

Hayward/Crawford/Brooks

Green/?

Sully/Hump/?

Oly/Fav/?

I would love to fill those ? with Montejunas and Asik!!  Then, draft the wing players...

EEK Hedley.  That roster is not very impressive either.  Still missing a starting Center (not 3rd string), a primary/rotational SF to Green and a swing SG/SF, a primary/rotational PF backup to Sully (not Hump) and Oly not ready yet, a Primary/rotational backup to Hayward (not Crawford).  Crawford plays #3 position at both PG and SG so Brooks and Pressey are dispensible using your line-up.      

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I like:

Rondo/Bayless/Pressey

Hayward/Crawford/Brooks

Green/?

Sully/Hump/?

Oly/Fav/?

EEK Hedley.  That roster is not very impressive either.  Still missing a starting Center (not 3rd string), a primary/rotational SF to Green and a swing SG/SF, a primary/rotational PF backup to Sully (not Hump) and Oly not ready yet, a Primary/rotational backup to Hayward (not Crawford).  Crawford plays #3 position at both PG and SG so Brooks and Pressey are dispensible using your line-up.      

Exactly why we have 2 draft picks...lol

Embiid and Saric?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good post, but you have missed the most glaring weakness with Crawford, he can't keep a point guard in front of him on defense.  These guys absolutely break him down on the perimeter and he is getting our bigs in foul trouble because they have to come over to help.

Bradley can defend but can't create offense, Crawford can marginally create offense but can't defend, neither is a starting point guard or a starter for that matter...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

+1 on Crawford.  He's terrible.  Lacks the true PG mentality.

-1 on Bradley.  Bradley's an underrated SG.  He's playing well despite an unstable system, and sports above-average defense.  If ever a year began where him and Rondo started out the season healthy, they'd make more than a formidable pair.  Be patient.

How can you state that coming in with a minus 40 +/- last night is good defense? Bradley is not as quick as he used to be and he no longer has the element of surprise as a defender.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Crawford is a two guard.

Where is Rondo?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

I watched the game on my computer last night..the nuggets announcer at one point said "i would be extremely surprised if crawford has another assist in this game" and that was just after half time. I dont think crawford is a bad player at all. I just think if we get Rondo back and he is healthy, that we will see increased production from Green and other guys. 

Another thing on Bradley, Remember when everyone thought we was one of the best "cutters" in the NBA? He needs to find some balance between taking the outside shot (because he has improved with that) and getting to the basket. I think he is a good player but not someone I would call a "building block". I think Courtney Lee could average 14 points and play some pretty solid D but we just gave him away a few days ago. If i were danny ainge i wouldnt pay avery what he is said to be asking. Great teams need a good point guard, good big man, and a legitimate scorer (maybe 2), and then good complimentary pieces. I see avery as a complimentary piece. 

Last, does anyone think we will have a problem when Rondo comes back on defense? Avery has been guarding point guards most of the year. are they too small to defend a 6'5 shooting guard? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The problem is the entire roster. There are very few teams in the NBA that don't have at least one player who is much better than anyone we have, including Crawford. 

Seriously, have a look. Once you accept that Bradley is good, but not great, and that Sully is a keeper but is a bit injured at the moment and thinks he should shoot long jumpers thanks to Stevens, we really don't have a very good team. 

Crawford was playing out of his mind for a while, but while he's trying hard he's just not that good. 

"Rondo won't make Green better.  He is what he is - a good team's 4th scoring option who all too regularly disappears for games and stretches within a game.  He can do that being a team's 4th scoring option."

Bingo Petey. I'm not sure Rondo can help this team very much. Rondo is about setting scorers up in their sweet spot. What scorers do we have on this team? 

Folks got tricked because Stevens had them playing hard but the talent is not there. 

The Nuggets loss was one of the worst of the season. We looked softer than warm butter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

And I love the idea of potentially having two lottery picks. Give me Embiid and anyone else and ill be happy. I know this team sucks but hopefully they play hard throughout the season.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts