Jordan Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Jordan Crawford

In a way Ainge pulled off a great deal. We get a guy that avg's 13ppg for nothing. Crawford is going to add scoring off the bench. He's a better scorer than Barbosa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Jordan Crawford

some guys bashing Ainge for not getting a big in a pool without bigs..I think at least we get a better scorer than Barbosa for like you said, nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Crawford was a good pick up, no doubt about it. It just doesn't address the obvious need. Which is a big.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

We are once again super deep at the 2: bradley, lee, terry, crawford, williams

...and no true C (other than melo)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge is looking for servicable big man on the waiver wire. I like the fact that we didn't tear down the nucleus for second rate players.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Ainge is looking for servicable big man on the waiver wire. I like the fact that we didn't tear down the nucleus for second rate players.

Ainge has been looking for a serviceable big for the past few years. Mikki Moore, etc. Problem is we do not need a serviceable big, we need a dominant big, atleast one that has a post game and can rebound! This would have only been fair to KG and Pierce, but now we have to go down to the same path we have for the last few years.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I would like to see how Melo do with some minutes, but I am cringing as I am saying that.  And do you want Wilcox and KG playing big minutes?  Or Bass too?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I've copied & pasted this from the we didn't get a big man discussion.

Picking up Crawford was relatively inexpensive and a better move than none. He'll help a bit with scoring.  But getting a BIG MAN was much more important !!!

It is not so much that we needed a 7 ft Center/Scorer which would have  been nice, but we needed a guy like our Leon Powe was at 6'8" or 9" to box out players. In the Denver game Faried is only 6'8" and got 16 rebounds & no one wanted to box him out. Bass is as big,why didn't he? 

The guy we should have gotten and a better scorer too than Faried is PF Kenyon Martin at 6'8" and 240 lbs and a basher ! And someone mentioned Birdman who went to Miami which I would have liked. Maybe Celtics didn't like all his tattoes. Seems SF 49ers didn't mind Kaepernick's.

As we need play small ball,victories are going to come being beaten in rebound battles giving opponents have 2nd chances but by needing to  shoot 45-50%( and we didn't get J. Redick either to help us do that) and by playing great "D" and causing more turnovers. Are we going to do this every night? Don't think so as we need PP & KG in for scoring but PP especially is too slow to defend the young guys. Yup, I've read that Miami doesn't have Center either, but we don't have anyone like a LeBron & Wade to drive to the basket and they can shoot outside too. We will live or die being a jump shooting team.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Crawford was a good pick up, no doubt about it. It just doesn't address the obvious need. Which is a big.

We will get killed on the boards to degree that we didn't see before.  I can't believe Ainge could not find a way to get it done considering he could have moved some guys two months ago before these injuries.   There is no doubt we will suffer the rest of the season because of this.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Fr343king awsome trade!!!!! There is a reson why we're fans not upper managment. Leandros was great for us but..... now we have a great physical player and what did we give up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Fr343king awsome trade!!!!! There is a reson why we're fans not upper managment. Leandros was great for us but..... now we have a great physical player and what did we give up?

Yes, why the hell did the Wizards do this?  A favor to Ainge?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

We will get killed on the boards to degree that we didn't see before.  I can't believe Ainge could not find a way to get it done considering he could have moved some guys two months ago before these injuries.   There is no doubt we will suffer the rest of the season because of this.

Do you think that Greg Oden is worth a try if we can get him ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Excellent!!!! Couldn't have gotten more bang for the buck. Traded a touch and go rental for a lease to buy value option. Barbosa is worth the price of admission BUT,Crawford has huge P which can be a good/bad but at the price I'm down like a clown,a 1st round talent with bad direction until now. I see good things ahead,especially if we stay up tempo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Yes, why the hell did the Wizards do this?  A favor to Ainge?

When you are benched by the coach of the Wizards, there is something wrong! 

crawfordlean213e

Because the Wizards were losing to the Raptors in a game marred by malfunctioning scoreboards and clocks, some of the focus Tuesday night turned to Jordan Crawford. The onetime sort-of fan favorite has been benched for days, and on Tuesday, fans repeatedly chanted his name, while others studied his posture on the bench.

Via Michael Lee:

During a game in which the Wizards struggled to shoot and score, Crawford never got a chance to contribute and appeared disengaged as he wrapped a towel over his head, tucked it into his shirt and leaned low on the bench as if he was hiding. He yawned, cracked a few jokes, and had his embarrassing DNP-CD highlighted when some fans began chanting his name for almost a minute at the end of the third quarter.

Amused by the cheers, Crawford’s teammates looked on as the third-year shooting guard continued to chill, as if nothing was going on. When asked about Crawford’s body language on the bench, Coach Randy Wittman said, “I’m watching the game. I can’t comment on that.”

Crawford didn’t speak to reporters after game, calmly breezing by, gripping his coat before the locker room was open for post-game interviews.

The in-game commentary, though, was amusing.

“Basically, every part of his body is at a 45-degree angle,” Kyle Weidie wrote.

“Jordan Crawford is cold chillin on the bench,” wrote a fan seated behind the closest basket to the Wizards bench.

“Jordan Crawford has basically slid into the stands, he’s that far down the bench,” someone else wrote.

“Jordan Crawford is so relaxed on the bench he looks like he wants to go to sleep,” observed a fourth.

The images appear to back up such descriptions. And at the end of the game, he threw his unused jersey into the crowd.

(Via @recordsANDradio, @malitzd, @JTodd420, @DCWIZ and @truth_about_it.)

crawfordlean213a

crawfordlean213c

crawfordlean213b

crawfordlean213d

crawfordlean213f

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Do you think that Greg Oden is worth a try if we can get him ???

yes, but he is not going to play this year. Wants to be totaly healthy. At least that ws the last report. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Nice, BCSP!  Basically the Wizards gave away Crawford for 2 contracts they will never pick up and one of those will never play this year.  They just wanted to get rid of the guy, period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Nice, BCSP!  Basically the Wizards gave away Crawford for 2 contracts they will never pick up and one of those will never play this year.  They just wanted to get rid of the guy, period.

+ 1 and this is the Wizards we are talking about! They need all of the talent they can get!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA! K-Mart is a better locker room guy than J. Crawford (based on what I have read)! Why not sign K-Mart? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

KMart makes a lot of sense, why not sign him to 10 days contract?  Very dissapointing.

Sections
Shortcuts