Josh Smith flying the coop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnywonder. Show johnnywonder's posts

Josh Smith flying the coop?

Good article on Green Street about Josh Smith possibly (probaby) wanting to become Celtic.  What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Josh Smith flying the coop?

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I don't think he could coexist with KG.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Josh Smith flying the coop?:
    [QUOTE]Good article on Green Street about Josh Smith possibly (probaby) wanting to become Celtic.  What are your thoughts?
    Posted by johnnywonder[/QUOTE]

I think he would be a tremendous Celtic. Hard worker. Tough. Smart player. I would have no problem cheering for him in Green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Smith flying the coop?:
    [QUOTE]I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I don't think he could coexist with KG.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Sure he could. KG is going to be 36 real soon. He can't keep logging all those minutes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He is under contract.  We have to have something to give Atlanta for him.  Bradley + JJ + cap fodder maybe,  but that does not seem enough or likely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

@scubber 

you are right they would want lots of compensation for Smith. I do know the C's have the cash for him. Also the KG working next to him it will happen since KG said "anybody that comes into the Celtics and is willing to check their superstart ego at the door and work hard will be a friend of mine'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'd think he'd fit right in.
    Good friends with Rondo.
    For that reason, I'm sure once he's in Boston there'd
    be a lot of threads demanding both Rondo and Smith
    should be traded.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

@breaktime

yup i can see it now "Rondo and Smith are tarnishing the Celtics legacy they need to go" or my favorite "Rondo and Smith dissapear on crunch time and they need to be traded" LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would rather have Horford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well duh, but horford is better and under a contract like rondo's for 3-4 more years, Smith wants out and just has 1 more year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Hard to figure who the C's would give ATL for him but Smith would be a great addition, as long as Doc got him to stop shooting 3's. 

As far as KG and Smith co-existing, I see no problem, KG prides himself on being a mentor, as long as Smith is willing to listen, I see it as a great situation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bass (sign and trade or he picks p 4m option), Jujuan Johnson, E'Twuan and one of our two first rd picks perhaps?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Personally I am not a big Josh Smith fan. Lot's a highlight film athletcism but he falls in love with his jumper too much. There is a reaon his team's don't go far in the post season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

A link I read suggested a sign and trade including Jeff Green for Smith.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]A link I read suggested a sign and trade including Jeff Green for Smith.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Green but I wondered how much ATL (or any team) would want a guy coming off heart surgury as trade compensation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Josh Smith is one of the few guys gave the Celtics a trouble for the whole series.  I would take him in a heartbeat.  Boston can just give them one of the first round pick along with one of the second round pick for Josh Smith.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I am not a big Josh Smith fan. Lot's a highlight film athletcism but he falls in love with his jumper too much. There is a reaon his team's don't go far in the post season.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I agree but I think a lot of that is the culture of the Hawks team.  Get him in Doc's system and you can bet his days of launching 3's are over.  He has a good mid range game, it is just when he starts taking long 2's/3's that it is a problem.

You can bet Doc, KG, PP, etc.... would make sure Smith was spending more time around the rim and at the FT line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Smith was on a team with The big 3 and Rondo I think he would sacrifice taking dumb 20 footers in exchange for what the team needs.

Espcially if C's tell him his extension/pay will be based on rebounds, second chance points, high % baskets near the rim (running w/ Rondo) and excellent D on guys like LeBron/Deng/Melo.

We'd take a 16/9 from him w/ that stuff over a 23/7 taht doesn't include incredible D but lots of J's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Well duh, but horford is better and under a contract like rondo's for 3-4 more years, Smith wants out and just has 1 more year
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    I guess I should have said I don't want Josh Smith.  Other than being a friend of Rondo I see a player who has poor intangibles and has never won.  Horford while far more unlikely to be traded is worth going for,  Smith unless Doc knows a lot more about his character and ambitions can make the right decision.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Smith flying the coop? : I guess I should have said I don't want Josh Smith.  Other than being a friend of Rondo I see a player who has poor intangibles and has never won.  Horford while far more unlikely to be traded is worth going for,  Smith unless Doc knows a lot more about his character and ambitions can make the right decision.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

"has never won"....  never won what?  He has been part of 3 teams that have won a round in the play-offs, that is more than a lot of guys can claim.

I don't know about the "intangibles" you're talking about but he definitely showed up in this series against the C's.  He is a legit #4 who averaged 18 and 9 this year.  There is a lot to like.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Josh Smith flying the coop?:
    [QUOTE]Good article on Green Street about Josh Smith possibly (probaby) wanting to become Celtic.  What are your thoughts?
    Posted by johnnywonder[/QUOTE]

No.

He reminds me of a young Antoine Walker. That's a bad thing. Sure he can score and rebound, but he takes (and misses) a lot of outside shots and dosen't play a lick of defense.

Pass. The Celtics wouldn't win with him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Smith flying the coop? : I think he would be a tremendous Celtic. Hard worker. Tough. Smart player. I would have no problem cheering for him in Green.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Poor defenisive players with questionable attitudes don't make good Celtics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]I would rather have Horford.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Hawes.

And Wallace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Smith flying the coop? : I think he would be a tremendous Celtic. Hard worker. Tough. Smart player. I would have no problem cheering for him in Green.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

hard worker, but the smart player i really have to question.  he stopped taking 3's for ONE YEAR, his game was better off for it, his FG% actaully became respectable for a #4 position player.

and then he went back to shooting 3's at an accuracy rate that only antoine walker can lay claim to.  in other words, lousy at 3's, shouldn't shoot them but can't stay away from them.  likewise with the outside shooting in general- he's not that good at it but still takes a lot of them.

he's not my kind of idea of a 4.  he's very athletic, but also very un-disciplined.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Smith to the celts? That's a no-brainer! Pretty good rebounder!
    Playing with KG would be no problem at all imo. Assuming KG's still here, of course.

Sections
Shortcuts