Josh Smith flying the coop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Josh Smith flying the coop?

I think we need to look at the player Smith could be, under Doc's management and the Celts' system, and not just what he is right now.  He may have his flaws and issues with disciplined play, but I'm not sure we're being realistic if we expect the perfect option for the 4 or 5 to be on a plate for us sometime somewhere.

Nonetheless, I doubt we have the pieces to put together to get him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Smith flying the coop?:
    [QUOTE]Smith to the celts? That's a no-brainer! Pretty good rebounder! Playing with KG would be no problem at all imo. Assuming KG's still here, of course.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I think he would be a good addition to the current Celtics team.  He also is a good friend of Rondo which couldn't hurt. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Get him . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I am not a big Josh Smith fan. Lot's a highlight film athletcism but he falls in love with his jumper too much. There is a reaon his team's don't go far in the post season.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Smith flying the coop? : I think he would be a tremendous Celtic. Hard worker. Tough. Smart player. I would have no problem cheering for him in Green.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.  Don't know why you think he's a smart player.  He's pretty dumb to me - takes horrible jumpers at the wrong time (like the terrible shot he took toward the end of game 6 that essentially gave us the game).  He can't shoot consistently and plays inconsistent for his athletic ability.  Sometimes there and sometimes not.  Highlight film with powerful dunks but tell me about his assists, defense, and post ups?   Compare him to KG, Duncan, Randolph, Adridge, or the next tier and I just think he's over hyped.

Not really a fan until he learns to be more consistent and plays D and plays smart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If you were to bring him on the first thing I would tell him is hes gotta stop taking stupid jumpers. His defense when he wants to is amazing and same with his offense. Just an enromous amount of terrible basketball but I think that has more to do with the poor team he plays on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Smith flying the coop? : Hmmm.  Don't know why you think he's a smart player.  He's pretty dumb to me - takes horrible jumpers at the wrong time (like the terrible shot he took toward the end of game 6 that essentially gave us the game).  He can't shoot consistently and plays inconsistent for his athletic ability.  Sometimes there and sometimes not.  Highlight film with powerful dunks but tell me about his assists, defense, and post ups?   Compare him to KG, Duncan, Randolph, Adridge, or the next tier and I just think he's over hyped. Not really a fan until he learns to be more consistent and plays D and plays smart.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I think he would do well here, especially if KG were still around in some capacity. I like him most because he has ability and is tough at the same time, and that combo is hard to come by.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Smith flying the coop? : I guess I should have said I don't want Josh Smith.  Other than being a friend of Rondo I see a player who has poor intangibles and has never won.  Horford while far more unlikely to be traded is worth going for,  Smith unless Doc knows a lot more about his character and ambitions can make the right decision.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I'd say someone like McGrady who has never been out of rd 1, or LeBron who has 3 MVP's and 0 rings is someone who has 'never won'

I wouldn't put that onus on a guy who a contender would expect to be their 3rd best player and while was anywhere from 1st-3rd best player (depending on the season/series/game etc.) on a team that went to the playoffs the past 5 years and 2nd rd three times

he's just a little immature and shoots too much, you'd think he could grow out of that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

He's a free agent, why would we have to trade for him?  He and Dwight are also best friends.  Who knows, maybe Danny can pull off a coup and get us a trio of D Howard, Smith, and Rondo to build around.  But a front court of J Smoove and a 37 yr old KG would still be a defensive terror. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It's probably more wanting to be coached by Doc since Doc's rep is continuously growing around the league. Notice how opposing players make their way to Doc after games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

josh smith could be a good fit on a team that needs some help rebounding......he does take some stupid shots....but he is a very gifted athlete and he plays hard. he would be a fan favorite right off the bat IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Smith is a good player.... Frustrating at times no question but he can fi the stat sheet. . . IMO... If we could acquire him for sign and traded Green and Bass for Smith I would honestly do it. A starting 5 of Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Smith, Garnett is very good. We could absorb Smith's contract with our cap space and still have wiggle room to build a bench. Hawks would consider this IMO cause it gives them depth that has illuded them the last few years.

Sections
Shortcuts