Josh Smith Kicked Out of Practice

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Josh Smith Kicked Out of Practice

What does this have to do with the celtics?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My fantasy:

No trades get made for Celtics. Season ends - Celtics in finals (w/l doesn't matter). KG retires. PP retires. JET retires.

Off-season Atlanta is unable to acquire CP3 or DH. They are frustrated with Josh, let him go into FA.

Rondo & Doc - in an attempt to continue building and having $$ to spend, go after Smith.

Trade Bass away for x

Next year line-up of:

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Sullinger, Melo ...

It would be sick to have 2 quality SF/PF tweeners in the frontcourt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Green and Lee will get it done...and maybe even throw in a pick or Collins/Wilcox.

We aren't getting Josh Smith without giving up Green.

I wouldn't mind giving up Green for a guy like Smith. I doubt it happens though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

would love to see smoov making his moves for the Celtics. and he has a nasty streak too. something they need.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to 003323344's comment:

would love to see smoov making his moves for the Celtics. and he has a nasty streak too. something they need.

As long as the Hawks continue to slide they will make a deal sooner than later. Their roster is just not that good. They had a good 2 months of the season, but they're crashing back down to Earth.

what would it take to get smith?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Green and Lee will get it done...and maybe even throw in a pick or Collins/Wilcox.

We aren't getting Josh Smith without giving up Green.

I wouldn't mind giving up Green for a guy like Smith. I doubt it happens though.

In case you didn't know, the Hawks only have 7 players under contract next season only. Out of the 7 only 3 are guaranteed. The other 2 are qualifying offers. So the Hawks will need quality players not only for this season but for next season as well.

Lee is an upgrade over Korver.

Bass will give the Hawks some perimeter scoring.

The Celts don't need to give up Jeff Green.

Again, we aren't getting Josh Smith without giving up Green.

What do you think GMs are out here just giving away players. Smith needs a new contract as well. Danny Ferry isn't that stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't get this "celtics posts only" thing.  I think any celtics fan would be interested in what's going on with one of our main competitors.

Now the endless posts about how great LA is...that I get.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I don't get this "celtics posts only" thing.  I think any celtics fan would be interested in what's going on with one of our main competitors.

Now the endless posts about how great LA is...that I get.

+++

I think the "celtics post only" thing is only valid if someone posts something like "blatche accused of xyz"

I think non-basketball related, player specific news about 2nd/3rd tier players playing on teams we don't care about should be saved for other forums. Everything else is fair game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think that Smith comes with a fair amount of risk. We always beat him/hawks by making him take contested jumpshots. He is like Melo in that way. He isn't a great jumpshooter and can be lead to take a lot of low-percentage shots in a game.I see that as a weakness that Doc would need to address.

Also, I think its clear that at times Rondo needs to be kept in check. This is possible becasue Paul & KG are as loyal if not more loyal to Doc as they are to Rondo. I see Smith coming in and possibly forming an alliance with Rondo, at the detriment of the team & our other players. I see that relationship possibly causing a divide. Though you could make the case that that would be fine as they'd be our #1 and #2 players.

Just food for thought. For example, if we waited and got Millsap, I see similar skills without any of the risk identified above.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you insist!

Jeff Green and Bass for Josh Smith.

We keep Lee then sign another backup SF for the BAE.

[/QUOTE]

We wouldn't even need to play that backup SF much. You could see lineups where Josh was the "SF" when Pierce is off the floor.

I think Green + Bass is too much for Smith! BUT - if PP retires after this year, maybe we can go after a good SF like Gay ..

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well if we're going to make a deal like this, you make a blockbuster. Atlanta has a ton of guys with 1 year deals

To Atlanta - Green, Bass, Lee and Wilcox

To Boston - Smith and Anthony Morrow.

Morrow is a dead eye shooter with 1 year left on his deal. You put him in the mix with Terry off the bench and our scoring hits the roof.

or

You replace Morrow with ZaZa

Either trade would solve our needs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

If you insist!

Jeff Green and Bass for Josh Smith.

We keep Lee then sign another backup SF for the BAE.

We wouldn't even need to play that backup SF much. You could see lineups where Josh was the "SF" when Pierce is off the floor.

I think Green + Bass is too much for Smith! BUT - if PP retires after this year, maybe we can go after a good SF like Gay ..

+1

[/QUOTE]

This would be awesome if it happend. Last year against Indiana, the Heat Ran Hibbert off the floor. But he is a slow lumbering big man. You can't run Josh Smith at the four off the court. It would mean the celtics could go big against the heat succesfully. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

What does this have to do with the celtics?

Since when does it have to be linked to the Celtics?? There have been many threads for years on here that dont pertain to them but some people seem to like this.... if you dont like it then why open the thread?  Just saying...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I think that Smith comes with a fair amount of risk. We always beat him/hawks by making him take contested jumpshots. He is like Melo in that way. He isn't a great jumpshooter and can be lead to take a lot of low-percentage shots in a game.I see that as a weakness that Doc would need to address.

Also, I think its clear that at times Rondo needs to be kept in check. This is possible becasue Paul & KG are as loyal if not more loyal to Doc as they are to Rondo. I see Smith coming in and possibly forming an alliance with Rondo, at the detriment of the team & our other players. I see that relationship possibly causing a divide. Though you could make the case that that would be fine as they'd be our #1 and #2 players.

Just food for thought. For example, if we waited and got Millsap, I see similar skills without any of the risk identified above.

Millsap is more consistant as has upgrade his game every year...he will do the dirty work when needed...Smith takes a lot of lousy shots and can get frustated rather easily...Millsap can take over a game when needed...rebounds and is low maintenance..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Well if we're going to make a deal like this, you make a blockbuster. Atlanta has a ton of guys with 1 year deals

To Atlanta - Green, Bass, Lee and Wilcox

To Boston - Smith and Anthony Morrow.

Morrow is a dead eye shooter with 1 year left on his deal. You put him in the mix with Terry off the bench and our scoring hits the roof.

or

Mucho better...two needs...

You replace Morrow with ZaZa

Either trade would solve our needs.

Sections
Shortcuts