Josh Smith Primary Destination is Boston?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Josh Smith Primary Destination is Boston?

wonder who the respected NBA reporter was.  The guy mentioned,  I haven't hear of before.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/josh-smiths-primary-destination-said-to.html

The Hawks know Josh will not re-sign with them. So it's very possible Josh will be traded.

What can the Celts offer?

Bass, Lee, and a 1st round pick for Josh Smith.

The Hawks only have 7 players under contract for next season. They're going to need players. So instead of losing Josh and getting nothing in return, might as well add role players like Bass and Lee. Of course the 1st round pick is the sweetener.

Sure other teams can do better, but are they willing to give Josh what he's asking for, the max contract!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge can get Josh Smith.

I don't think he will be traded to us this year, but I do feel he will sign with the Celts as a free agent this summer sometime.  He can get more money that way and play with his buddy Rondo too.  With rumors of Garnett retiring we should have enough money to throw at this guy to get him.  Whether or not it is the right thing to do is another thing because he wants max money, and I don't think he will sign for less even to play with his buddy Rondo. Who knows what is gonna happen, but I doubt he will be with us for this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

He is Boston bound.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We cannot sign him as a FA, but I think we have an excellent shot at keeping him if we get him now.

He is a "good" player.............and would do well here.  I do not think he is a "max" player.  He would help, no doubt.

Might need a 3rd team, and/or Melo.  It depends what Ferry wants - perhaps we could swing Bargnani from TOR to ATL, and some of our players go there.  TOR wants to deal Bargnani in the worst way, and IF Ferry likes him (I have no way of knowing this), then he could end up in  ATL...............just a thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

He is Boston bound.

Not this year unless we part with someone like Green and Avery....but there might be a slim chance it could happen another way.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2013/02/do-boston-celtics-have-enough-for-josh-smith/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=do-boston-celtics-have-enough-for-josh-smith

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

More talk on Smith

http://celticfanchat.com/2013/02/14/how-celtics-could-land-josh-smith-in-boston/

http://www.freshhoops.com/2013/02/14/josh-smith-to-boston/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think the best way to get Josh now is in the offseason when KG retires or PP is traded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

We cannot sign him as a FA, but I think we have an excellent shot at keeping him if we get him now.

He is a "good" player.............and would do well here.  I do not think he is a "max" player.  He would help, no doubt.

Might need a 3rd team, and/or Melo.  It depends what Ferry wants - perhaps we could swing Bargnani from TOR to ATL, and some of our players go there.  TOR wants to deal Bargnani in the worst way, and IF Ferry likes him (I have no way of knowing this), then he could end up in  ATL...............just a thought.

agreed..i don't think he is a franchise type player either..He would need to play with Kg a few seasons to see how its done..and Doc coaching ....Smith, Melo, Sully, and Rondo would make an intruiging lineup...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

agreed..i don't think he is a franchise type player either..He would need to play with Kg a few seasons to see how its done..and Doc coaching ....Smith, Melo, Sully, and Rondo would make an intruiging lineup...

His shooting is a problem.  Along with that giving up Lee for two months seems silly at this point. This team should not overcommit to anything that locks them in to one style of play. Rondo, Sully and Barbosa are all injured seriously enough that we do not know how they will be when the come back.  Rondo of course is the key, playing alongside a compadre may be a good idea but if KG retires we could have a mess on our hands.

Josh Smith has never been and may never be a good shooter.  That's a problem.  Somebody has to be able to put the ball in the hole for this team. PP is going to go this or next year so who will it be?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I think the best way to get Josh now is in the offseason when KG retires or PP is traded.

KG may decide to retire.  I don't see Pierce being traded. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

NO, NO, NO!

We do not want J.Smoove. Josh thinks he is a MAX player, and he clearly is not at that level. If we trade for Josh, its going to cause a summer of discomfort, with a good chance of him moving on to a Houston or a Dallas who can afford the MAX $$.

If we could get Josh and sign him long-term under 15M, then maybe. I do like the thought of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith and Sullinger but its just not going to work out financially.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

NO, NO, NO!

We do not want J.Smoove. Josh thinks he is a MAX player, and he clearly is not at that level. If we trade for Josh, its going to cause a summer of discomfort, with a good chance of him moving on to a Houston or a Dallas who can afford the MAX $$.

If we could get Josh and sign him long-term under 15M, then maybe. I do like the thought of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith and Sullinger but its just not going to work out financially.

Are you suggesting a starting lineup of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, and Sullinger? 

If so may I respectfully point out that Green, Smith, and Sullinger are all 6'9" with weights of 235 lbs., 225 lbs., 260 lbs., respectively.  So I would ask you which of these 3 plays center and which plays strong forward and which plays small forward?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Nets have offered Kris Humpries and Marshon Brooks reportedly.  So we'd have to beat that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Nets have offered Kris Humpries and Marshon Brooks reportedly.  So we'd have to beat that. 

They can have him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yes, but again, it depends what Ferry wants.  CHI offered MEM Nocioni, Deng and Noah for Pau Gasol........................and MEM wanted to dump salary.  Who knows?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yes, but again, it depends what Ferry wants.  CHI offered MEM Nocioni, Deng and Noah for Pau Gasol........................and MEM wanted to dump salary.  Who knows?

The guys is a rental.  He is not worth it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Pierce could be enticing for Hawks, = scorer, closer in 1year rental

please stop involving Green and KG

Green is way better shooter than Smith

Shoots efficiently.

Pierce and Bass for Jsmoove and Harris 

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/

salaries are match enough and no plus minus wins

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I vote for Josh Smith NOT coming to Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Pierce could be enticing for Hawks, = scorer, closer in 1year rental

please stop involving Green and KG

Green is way better shooter than Smith

Shoots efficiently.

Pierce and Bass for Jsmoove and Harris 

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/

salaries are match enough and no plus minus wins

We would need a strong scorer to replace Pierce...Who???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The problem with J. Smith is he wants a max deal next year! He is not a max deal player! 

So the C's would be getting a 1/2 year rental!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The problem with J. Smith is he wants a max deal next year! He is not a max deal player! 

So the C's would be getting a 1/2 year rental!

Not even half, thirty games.  This guy can't hit the broad side of a barn with his jump shot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Smith averages 17.4 ppg shooting 46%, Pierce averages 18.5 ppg and shooting 41%. If we got Smith for Pierce it wouldnt be that much of a drop off on the offensive end (espically the way Pierce has been playing), but it would be an improvement on the defensive end, and rebounding.

Sections
Shortcuts