Josh Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Josh Smith

The latest in trade speculation for Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks shows that he will likely be moved. However, who are the front runners to acquire the lefty big man? Recent reports have linked him with many teams, but who will benefit the most from a player that can energize an entire arena with his stupendous dunking ability?

In a recent article by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the writer stated, "Smith hasn't requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the Boston CelticsNew Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and Orlando Magic are his preferred destinations should the Hawks decide to move him." Any of those teams could acquire Smith and would instantly become a younger and more athletic team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Josh Smith

Really though, can you imagine Smith's attitude about coming off the bench, even for a year?  He'll energize Doc's nerves but not anything else.  He's can be an electrifying player on both ends when he wants to, but he, like LaQueen, isn't always in the game and even more so than LaQueen, will disappear at any point during a game, not just the fourth quarter.  He's one guy that has to be more mature to become a great player.  He has the skills, but he's another all-star from the neck down.  I'd rather see the Celtics put the time into Johnson's development, meaning play him, than to bring in Smith.  I could possibly be persuaded otherwise, but I'll hold on to this view for a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Painter: I like your "allstar from the neck down analogy." I got exicited when I read that Boston was one of his preferred destinations, but, I have also seen him both dominate and disappear. Moreover, we would have to break up the final year of the big three to get him. Not something to be done without great contemplation of the ramifications. Deano'celt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Josh Smith:
    [QUOTE]The latest in trade speculation for Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks shows that he will likely be moved. However, who are the front runners to acquire the lefty big man? Recent reports have linked him with many teams, but who will benefit the most from a player that can energize an entire arena with his stupendous dunking ability? In a recent article by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the writer stated, "Smith hasn't requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the  Boston Celtics ,  New Jersey Nets , Houston Rockets  and  Orlando Magic  are his preferred destinations should the Hawks decide to move him." Any of those teams could acquire Smith and would instantly become a younger and more athletic team.
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]

Go get him DANNY! Work out a sign and trade with BBD and add Avery. Avery could be their answer to their well documented search for a true PG. We trade one "personality" for another, but Josh will have a year of mental tutelage under the BIG-3 and will be a plug and play fill-in starter this year, then a full timer ready to roll in 2012. AND, he's gonna be the six man of the year in that scenario. He will be easily sold on the strategy of it being best for his career. There is a price to pay for being a perennial winner and this will be a very small price. He'll gain huge endorsements by going this route with the C's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

20 year old Avery Bradley is far from a true PG. I know Danny loves him... but i see him as a bench player, if you pair him w/ a tall guard like DWest who can run some point but defend 2's... they could be a lethal pair. But as a future starter at the position, I don't see him as being coveted around the league as value to headline a trade for a talent like Smith.

I think Baby, Avery, JaJuan Johnson and our 1st rd pick from the Clippers next year is the best offer we can make for Josh Smith. It couldn't happen for at least a month or until CBA gets worked out. Other teams could likely offer better.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Danny will not take on any long term contracts this year!!
    I think even the MLE will be one or two years.
    Would Crawford or Gray (or Jordan)  take that for two years?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It has to be a 1 year MLE deal, the planning all along is for 2012 cap space

A 2 year MLE deal ruins that. So it is either 1 or they might as well go 4-5 years (depending on the new CBA) with the least $ owed on the year that counts against the cap (so like a 4 year 16 million deal for someone that goes 4m-3.5m-4m-4.5m would have only a hit of 3.5 million next summer)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Smith:
    [QUOTE]20 year old Avery Bradley is far from a true PG. I know Danny loves him... but i see him as a bench player, if you pair him w/ a tall guard like DWest who can run some point but defend 2's... they could be a lethal pair. But as a future starter at the position, I don't see him as being coveted around the league as value to headline a trade for a talent like Smith. I think Baby, Avery, JaJuan Johnson and our 1st rd pick from the Clippers next year is the best offer we can make for Josh Smith. It couldn't happen for at least a month or until CBA gets worked out. Other teams could likely offer better.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the player wants to be traded. U R saying that your assesment of AB is more impressionable than DA's? So when are you going to start using your name in third person. You want to give the franchise for Josh. Furthermore, AB is not the "Headline" of the trade. Think before you speak next time. A GM U R not. Your proposed deal smells of troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Smith : You seem to be overlooking the fact that the player wants to be traded. U R saying that your assesment of AB is more impressionable than DA's? So when are you going to start using your name in third person. You want to give the franchise for Josh. Furthermore, AB is not the "Headline" of the trade. Think before you speak next time. A GM U R not. Your proposed deal smells of troll.
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

You just said trade Baby and Bradley for him.  Rame says that won't be enough.  And I agree with him.  You seem to forget that Baby is a Free Agent.  We can do a sign and trade, but only with the team that he signs with.  IF that is ATL, okay.  But chances are it won't be ATL.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Smith : You just said trade Baby and Bradley for him.  Rame says that won't be enough.  And I agree with him.  You seem to forget that Baby is a Free Agent.  We can do a sign and trade, but only with the team that he signs with.  IF that is ATL, okay.  But chances are it won't be ATL.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Come on MAN! Do your homework. A sign and trade would mean the Celts work with ATL and BB plus his agent to come to agreeable terms, Celts sign him for that price, then trade BB and AB to ATL for Josh. Sign and trade.... 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

Josh Smith for BBD & Avery. What idiot suggested that Atlanta would consider such a stupid trade?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts