Josh Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

Josh Smith

Phew, thank goodness Detroit signed him for $14 million per year.  It would have been awful if he came to Boston.  I used to love it when he'd shoot Atlanta out of a game by taking wild 3-pointers.  I would have dreaded seeing him with a green uniform.   Thanks Danny for avoiding Josh Smith!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Re: Josh Smith

In response to CelticNut's comment:

Phew, thank goodness Detroit signed him for $14 million per year.  It would have been awful if he came to Boston.  I used to love it when he'd shoot Atlanta out of a game by taking wild 3-pointers.  I would have dreaded seeing him with a green uniform.   Thanks Danny for avoiding Josh Smith!

I agree. Sold guy. Fine fellow but too much $$

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

In response to CelticNut's comment:

I agree. Sold guy. Fine fellow but too much $$

Josh + Rondo together may have been fun at times to watch, but no doubt would've put Brad in the nut house all by themselves.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I disagree.

I think Rondo would have gotten on Josh during games if he was shooting them out of it. I think Rondo care a whole lot more about winning than he does about placating his friends. With the right coach and teamates and Rondo at the point, Josh can be a really productive player.

Just didn't make sense for us when we have his clone in Green at 8M per. Anyone still complaining about Jeff's contract? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

I disagree.

I think Rondo would have gotten on Josh during games if he was shooting them out of it. I think Rondo care a whole lot more about winning than he does about placating his friends. With the right coach and teamates and Rondo at the point, Josh can be a really productive player.

Just didn't make sense for us when we have his clone in Green at 8M per. Anyone still complaining about Jeff's contract? 

You have to admit, Rondo and Josh Smith in Detroit makes more sense than Rondo and Green in Boston.

acie is looking like a turd right now after saying saying Green is overpaid.

[/QUOTE]

Why does that make more sense?

We didn't get to see Rondo and Jeff play. Jeff can actually stretch the floor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

[QUOTE]

I disagree.

You have to admit, Rondo and Josh Smith in Detroit makes more sense than Rondo and Green in Boston.

acie is looking like a turd right now after saying saying Green is overpaid.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Green is half the player Josh Smith is.... Green gets so overrated here it is embarrassing sometimes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you're Detroit, do you keep Drummond or Monroe. Not being a fan, its hard to tell from stats and size, they are both so similar. Looks like Drummond is a better defender and Monroe has more offensive options like low post game...

I worry about a Rondo-less Celtics. What a mess we were last year with nobody at the point. Rondo-Stevens could be so freaking good if they are given a chance, even as enticing as getting Monroe or Drummond.

Monroe has a QO after this season. Why not hold on to Rondo, build what we can this year and next year we will have the cap space to go out and sign a guy like Monroe to a 4 year 48M deal ???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Why? Green is half the player Josh Smith is.... Green gets so overrated here it is embarrassing sometimes...

[/QUOTE]

I'll concede that Smith has much better stats over 2012 season. But he is also has twice as many years in the NBA, wasn't coming off of a season ending injury, and essentially was their number one option. 

Before Rondo went out, Jeff was arguably their #4 option on offense. By the time the playoffs came around, Jeff averaged 20ppg, 5rpg, 3apg. In the same post-season Josh did 17, 8, 4 ... still as "the man"

I think thats pretty freaking comparable. Josh gets more assists, Jeff shoots the ball better. Both will be "the man" next year for PPG, so this season will be a good measurement of who is the better player (still remember the NBA years difference)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't undertand this fascination with Monroe.  Rondo is a top-3 point guard.  Monroe is not a top-10 big at either position.  Unless Rondo for Monroe swap also includes a salary dump and draft picks, it does not make sense to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

To my point, I'd love to see a full analysis comparing Smith to Green to George. 

Back to the original topic, both Green and Monroe went to Georgetown, don't think they played together, but I lke the dynamic of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Monroe 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't undertand this fascination with Monroe.  Rondo is a top-3 point guard.  Monroe is not a top-10 big at either position.  Unless Rondo for Monroe swap also includes a salary dump and draft picks, it does not make sense to me.

Hey, I agree with you, but surprisingly Monroe is only 23 years old and getting better. Maybe he's not top 10, but he has that potential some say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Monroe is a young, crafty, big man who can run the floor, dribble, and finish, but the guy i would want in return for Rondo is Drummond. If Detroit offered Drummond, Villanueva, Stuckey and a future #1 pick for Rondo, Bass, Crawford and Lee, i would be hard pressed to turn them down. The C's would get a legit young big man who can defend the basket, a prospect, and salary relief in 2014-15. Detroit would get 3 vets with post-season experience to pair with Smith and Monroe, including a superstar PG.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

if you send rondo to det, you have to send wallace.  his contract is horrible.  Det could actually use him, it seems to me that rondo, wallace  for knight, stuckey and villanueva works for both teams.  Det gets 2 players it can use, we dump wallace's awful contract, get 2 expiring contracts, and a young pg with some potential.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

if you send rondo to det, you have to send wallace.  his contract is horrible.  Det could actually use him, it seems to me that rondo, wallace  for knight, stuckey and villanueva works for both teams.  Det gets 2 players it can use, we dump wallace's awful contract, get 2 expiring contracts, and a young pg with some potential.

youd just give Rondo away?

wow glad youre not my GM.

if its with two future firsts or one and monroe... maybe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

you are not giving him away.  you get rid of a small forward you owe 30 million dollar to who isn't going to start.  right there that is huge, wallace will not be easy to unload.  knight definently has some potential, and you pick up 16 million in expiring contracts, freeing up a ton of money for next year's free agency crop.  you need to keep in mind that rondo is coming off a major injury, has the potential to get pissy and bring everyone down as the rebuilding continues, and is going to want huge money in just 2 years.  lastly, this will make us worse next year, likely giving us a better lotto pick.  i think it makes a lot of sense. 

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

youd just give Rondo away?

wow glad youre not my GM.

if its with two future firsts or one and monroe... maybe

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

I'll concede that Smith has much better stats over 2012 season. But he is also has twice as many years in the NBA, wasn't coming off of a season ending injury, and essentially was their number one option. 

Before Rondo went out, Jeff was arguably their #4 option on offense. By the time the playoffs came around, Jeff averaged 20ppg, 5rpg, 3apg. In the same post-season Josh did 17, 8, 4 ... still as "the man"

I think thats pretty freaking comparable. Josh gets more assists, Jeff shoots the ball better. Both will be "the man" next year for PPG, so this season will be a good measurement of who is the better player (still remember the NBA years difference)

[/QUOTE]

First off, Al Horford was "the man" on the Hawks. Also, the Hawks played a MUCH better defensive team in the playoffs.

I think it is hilarious for all the criticism Josh Smith gets that Jeff Green doesn't get any of it himself.  He is essentially a soft Josh Smith.  Josh can bang, Jeff doesn't do well with any physical play.

Better outside shooter, maybe but like Josh, he shouldn't be shooting the 3 pointer as much as he does. (one 7 game series doesn't change my opinion based on his career)

Fellow Green teamers always overrate Celtic players while underrating other teams players. It gets nauseating sometimes...

There is a reason there was such high demand on Josh Smith, but I guess people can keep drinking the comcast sports Kool-Aid where every Celtics has potential to be a hall of famer and everyone on every other team is fatally flawed...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First off, Al Horford was "the man" on the Hawks. Also, the Hawks played a MUCH better defensive team in the playoffs.

I think it is hilarious for all the criticism Josh Smith gets that Jeff Green doesn't get any of it himself.  He is essentially a soft Josh Smith.  Josh can bang, Jeff doesn't do well with any physical play.

Better outside shooter, maybe but like Josh, he shouldn't be shooting the 3 pointer as much as he does. (one 7 game series doesn't change my opinion based on his career)

Fellow Green teamers always overrate Celtic players while underrating other teams players. It gets nauseating sometimes...

There is a reason there was such high demand on Josh Smith, but I guess people can keep drinking the comcast sports Kool-Aid where every Celtics has potential to be a hall of famer and everyone on every other team is fatally flawed...

[/QUOTE]

Josh Smith is career loser.  Why any team that wants to create a winnng tradition would want him makes no sense at all.  Smith can't shoot, can't rebound night after night, and doesn't defend night in night out.  If Rondo comes out like the loser Smith is this season, than Rondo may join him in Detroit.  You can then move on, because your Lakers are not going to be good for a very long time.  You are pathetic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Please... Josh Smith is so over rated I cant believe the Pistons were so stupid to give him such a contract... maybe they think it will lure Rondo over there... This expains why the Pistons and Dumars have been garbage for so long

Dumars had his brief time in the spotlight and has been a disaster ever since... how this guy keeps his job is the 8th wonder of the world

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:

[QUOTE]

Josh Smith is career loser.  Why any team that wants to create a winnng tradition would want him makes no sense at all.  Smith can't shoot, can't rebound night after night, and doesn't defend night in night out.  If Rondo comes out like the loser Smith is this season, than Rondo may join him in Detroit.  You can then move on, because your Lakers are not going to be good for a very long time.  You are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

I actually hate the Lakers and am a Celtics fan. I do not know how you got that I was a Lakers fan out of all that. I guess fellow green teamer and ripping how homer comcast sports is wasnt enough to clue you into that I am a Celtics fan as well? 

I do not know how I am pathetic. All I am saying is that fellow Celtics fans overrate our teams players. Read this board or listen to WEEI or SportsHub, it is everywhere. Granted I think Felger is over the top on it, but he does have a point on it.

Career loser argument is so bad it is almost as laughable as you calling me a Lakers fan (which comes out of nowhere)...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Rondo and Josh could still end up playing together in Detroit.

I agree with you.  Once Rondo is healthy it is definitely possible that he is traded to Detroit. 

Sections
Shortcuts