J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up!

Many of us clamored for this guy but gave Ainge the benefit of the doubt.
    He's come along faster than Perk did however.

2007 draft redo would have Marc Gasol over Gabe Pruitt.

Danny needs to stay away from players between 6-2 an 6-5 in the draft. They have not panned out for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up!

Win some lose some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

He also passed over Mario Chalmers to take Giddons, that one tears me up everytime I see Chalmers play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up!:
    [QUOTE]He also passed over Mario Chalmers to take Giddons, that one tears me up everytime I see Chalmers play
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? what has Chalmers done? he is at the borderline between the NBA and NBDL..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I have been ticked off about this since that draft. I felt back then that Jordan was the most logical selection for Boston. 1. He was the best player on the board. At the time of the draft many experts believed that he would have been a top 5 pick if he stayed in college one more year. 2. The Celtics should have seen a huge red flag on the need for a backup center after Perkins shoulder injury. The Celtics may have won the Finals just prior to that draft but there was an obvious need to fill that position...
    If Ainge had been smart and drafted Jordan the Celtics would have won last year's Finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Calm down.  If it were always "obvious" on draft night who was going to make it in the NBA and who was going to be a bust, then no one would ever make a mistake, and we would long since have had parity.  If we had won the lottery in 2007 and drafted Greg Oden, how many people here would now be saying they "knew" we should drafted Durant? :-)

It is and remains an inexact science.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J.R. Giddens selection over DeAndre Jordan is tearing me up! :   Are you serious? what has Chalmers done? he is at the borderline between the NBA and NBDL..
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

That puzzled me too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hindsight is 2020.  I bet we could find a number of players that were taken over perk or maybe even pierce that we don't even remember.

Sections
Shortcuts